The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Speed increase bugs (Tactics)?

Phixler

Hi all, i have been playing tactics alot lately trying to find ways to make it work. I have noticed that I really don't see much of a speed increase using High energy cell or hold the line.

I was writing it off to just being bugged, but then I read in a post here that it's just an issue with the speed buffs not stacking with other speed boosts. (IE sprint doesn't stack with HEC nor does hold the line).

My questions are:

1. Is the game smart enough to recognize your fastest speed buff and use it over other active buffs? I ask because I really don't notice a speed increase when activating hold the line.

2. Stemming from question 1, is there an efficient way to use your speed buffs so that they work well? Meaning, if I turn off sprint will the HEC speed buff always work? If I turn off sprint and don't spec into the HEC speed buff, will hold the line actually give me a speed increase?

Thanks,

-Phix

jup, i also didnt see any speed increases while trying the tactics spec.

i figured it might just not stack with the sprint buff so i went into a WZ to see how it is when im constantly in combat mode (and out of sprint buff) but it didnt seem to increase my runspeed at all.

i dont see why it shouldnt stack with sprint in the first place tho. the speed buffs are one selling point of the tactics tree, which is currently considerd to be underwhelming anyhow and tactics also has the least snare capabilitys.

it would be nice to see a fix or at least an official statement by BW about it, but i think that wont happen with any thread under 36 pages.

so we might as well start bumping ourselfs now in hopes for an ack. by the devs. ^^

Edited by Psionic_X

HECell's speed increase and Hold the Line seem to only apply WHILE in combat, not outside of it. As I have noticed no speed increase while out of combat. But inside of combat I seem to be moving soooo much faster.

I think that is the case in my limited exp testing HEC (last night basically). I would find someone running thru fleet and pop HTL while running HEC and go the same speed as them. Maybe I just had too many IPAs....

Seems like they need to fix the tool tip text to reflect that or, better yet, make these boosts work out of combat as well.

Edited by KirizZule

I think that is the case in my limited exp testing HEC (last night basically). I would find someone running thru fleet and pop HTL while running HEC and go the same speed as them. Maybe I just had too many IPAs....

I think its mostly because the speed percentages don't stack, even if your running HECell and pop HTL in combat, your going to only move at 30% speed instead of 45% speed.

But I have noticed a large difference in combat I must say in comparison to non-combat running.

Yea I did some testing of my own this morning ( I was at work last night when I wrote the post).

Basically the speed boost for HEC is cancelled out by sprint. While not in combat I turned off sprint and started running. I then removed the HEC buff and definitely slowed down. I turned it back on and definitlely felt like I sped up.

This also worked for hold the line. When I turned off sprint I did get a speed increase when activating hold the line. I tried it with HEC on and I felt like there might have been a "Small" speed increase, but it didn't seem like much so I could just be wishfully thinking.

I was unable to try this in combat because I couldn't stay on long, but I assume the above poster is correct and the speed boosts also apply in combat.

I'm just curios if the HEC speed boost and hold the line stack, or if I was just seeing things. :D