How to Optimally Gear at Valor 60

CaseyMRiley

I am a damage specced Sorc (Hybrid Wrath + CL, of course) and am wondering how to OPTIMIZE my character once I am valor 60.

To do this, I have read you need to get your crit chance to soft cap (~%30), your expertise to soft cap (what number is this at?), and then stack willpower/power (which have no diminishing returns?). However, my question to you all is, how do I accomplish this? All BM gear? Do I switch out mods/enhancements? With what mods/enhancements, and from where?

Your input would be greatly appreciated for myself and probably many other sorcs, thank you :)

Willpower>Crit to ~30%>Surge to new cap (250 rating, something like that)>Power/Force Power>Alacrity

The priorities didn't change, just the point at which you shift.

From what I hear the thing to do is rip out Surge/Power modifications from Imperial Agent gear. Power/Force Power as far as I know scales linearly, so once you have enough passive crit from Willpower you can start getting rid of some of your +crit stuff for +power.

Willpower>Crit to ~30%>Surge to new cap (250 rating, something like that)>Power/Force Power>Alacrity

The priorities didn't change, just the point at which you shift.

From what I hear the thing to do is rip out Surge/Power modifications from Imperial Agent gear. Power/Force Power as far as I know scales linearly, so once you have enough passive crit from Willpower you can start getting rid of some of your +crit stuff for +power.

What Imperial Agent gear are we talking about?

I also heard to rip columni mods to rakata gear, but thats PvE oriented.

What Imperial Agent gear are we talking about?

I also heard to rip columni mods to rakata gear, but thats PvE oriented.

Actually, the mods are identical between the two. The one you're concerned about is the enhancement slot (since the mod slot has Cunning on it). Both the Columi and the Champion IA helms and gloves (dps set) have Power/Surge enhancements in them. This is the only source of grade-24 Power/Surge enhancements that I know of (the BH gear has them too, but those sacrifice Power for more Surge, bad post-nerf), and they are ideal for your gear regardless of PvP or PvE. As a Battlemaster, you can purchase the IA helm and gloves using Champion commendations at their vendor, and you can run Kion (Helm) or Boarding Party (Gloves) for the appropriate IA Columi tokens.