How important is the force alignment system?

Powerforge

Hi, I rolled a Sith Warrior but I guess my personality doesn't really lend itself to some of the correct choices in the missions. I keep picking up light side points for my choices. Would I be better off to roll a Jedi and just go with that? Or can I keep my (much cooler looking) Sith warrior and just go with the light side? Is it really a factor?

Thanks for the /assist

I believe some of it was mentioned in the developer blogs, about how they initially created gear designed to require dark or light side alignment but will be adding armor for character who remain neutral.

You can probably also find information using google or your favorite web search engine. I'm also sure the info is on these forums, but you'll have to do a lot of reading to find it since they'fe turned off the forum's search feature for a few days.

Hi, I rolled a Sith Warrior but I guess my personality doesn't really lend itself to some of the correct choices in the missions. I keep picking up light side points for my choices. Would I be better off to roll a Jedi and just go with that? Or can I keep my (much cooler looking) Sith warrior and just go with the light side? Is it really a factor?

Thanks for the /assist

Your mistake is in thinking the choices are "wrong."

The world of SWTOR is not a black and white comic book. Its not "good" v. "evil". Its one kind of repressive government against another kind of repressive government :) On both sides there will be light and dark personalities and thats better then alright, its great!

The difference between jedi and with is not truly one of love v. hate. Rather its one of passionless intellect v. passion led thinking.

In short, Bioware's writers took Star Wars and made real literature out of it... so enjoy it!

Edited by Cyberqat