Help me beat [Spoiler]

seannymurrs

I just dinged 50 and am having a hell of a time beating

The Emperor

. I was caught off guard at being forced to use T7 as my companion which didn't help. I've been using Doc since I got him and have grown too comfortable having a healer with me. I died about half a dozen times before heading back to the fleet and upgrading T7's gear. Now I'm getting ready to try again, but could use some tips. I'm a combat spec sentinel, so any tips specific to my build would be greatly appreciated. If I have to I can respec, though I've only ever played combat. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Edited by Parali
spoiler tags added, thread title edited

Respeccing for one fight would be a bad idea. Sent is a complicated class and re-learning it for one fight would be prohibitive, I think.

1. The Emperor's clones are deceptively fragile. Use your AoEs when they're close. Save your AoEs for when they're close.

2. Do not take your focus off of the real Emperor. Just hit the AoEs when the adds are close and hope they hit. I know Cyclone's only frontal AoE, but it doesn't have a cooldown... might wanna use that first and Force Sweep second.

3. Don't rely on T7 to survive the whole fight, but be sure to let him tank while he's up. Each of those fragile clones can hit like a hammer.

4. Sometimes the Emperor will one-shot you and there's nothing you can do about it. Period.

Edited by Tedroni

Seeing as it's already common knowledge that you get Lord Scourge as a companion, it's not exactly the biggest spoiler...

I mean, only reason that guy would ever become involved is that he believes you able to off the emperor =p

Edited by Parali
spoiler tags added

Did it without T7 and medkits. Was extremely easy.

not trying to troll his thread or anything but if youre going to boast on a thread that is asking for either explain how you did it or leave your comments to yourself.

Edited by Parali
"retarded", old post

not trying to troll his thread or anything but if youre going to boast on a thread that is asking for tips either explain how you did it or leave your comments to yourself.

You dps The Emperor and use medikit to heal yourself and T7.

I don't see how anyone can fail this now as it's the easiest boss of the quest.

Just pew pew, Awe and pew pew and he should die within a minute.

Edited by Parali
bad quote, old post, spoiler tags added

hey mate.

I surpsingly one shotted emperor. Heres how i did it.

he summons those copies of himself right? Kite them around the rkom whenever u can. As soon as emperor casted force bomb or something like that, i ran behind the stairs so i wont get damage from his force kamekameha. When he finish casting, he will cast it again. This time, force leap and it should.interrupt and dps him while his mirrors wkll be at the staircase cuz emporer never moves. Only his mirror chases u. This force leap method gives me the chance to dps emporer without getting damage from his adds.

just repeat the steps and run up,and down to create space between u and adds so u can damage emporer without getting attaxked by those adds. Also, use the stone stairs and artifacts as an advatage. Its sturdy enough to resist the emperor's kameha

Edited by Parali
spoiler tags added

not trying to troll his thread or anything but if youre going to boast on a thread that is asking for tips either explain how you did it or leave your comments to yourself.

He may be boasting, but he's definitely not lying.

I soloed the Emperor as a level 48 Combat Sentinel.

Without making a huge account of my fight, here's how it went:

-Sent T7 in first, immediately popped Saber Ward and Call on the Force.

-T7 dies instantly, I let Saber Ward fade off, and hit Rebuke.

-Right after he summons his first set of Shadows, I use Inspiration/Relic and lay down Force Sweep and a few Cyclone Slashes. DPS/Face-tank a bit and Force Sweep once more to finish the Shadows.

-I use Transcendence instead of Zen the whole time. Between his shocks and shadows, I favored more defense over Zen. (Also, the Combat Zen is underwhelming.)

-After the first wave of Shadows, I ignore the following waves and simply Kite the Emperor and the Shadows around the room, using Transcendence to outpace them.

-Pop my second Saber Ward as the Shadows start compounding.

-Make sure to line-of-sight the Emperor's huge ***-ream lightning abilty behind a pillar.

-Used Medkit somewhere in there.

-In the Emperor's last 15%, I popped Call on the Force(I was at 30%), and pretty much just kited him around the room while pelting him with every 10-meter ranged ability I had. (Blade Storm, Crippling Throw, Dispatch.)

Was a photo-finish, but as long as you are in complete control of your abilities, and can dance like a mad fool, you shouldn't have much trouble downing him at 50.

While even I think Watchman would have an easier time(and I'm anti-watchman), being Combat holds a very large advantage in that our Blade Storm hits hard. Being able to kite him around and throw chunky Blade Storm crits at him really helped.

Edited by Parali
bad quote, old post, spoiler tags added

• 3 months later...
I assume youve done this by now..but i did it litterley 5 minutes ago as 48 under-geared watchmen sent and i litterley just jumped in and dpsed him down fast dident need to los,dident need to spam cyclone or anything :p

I assume youve done this by now..but i did it litterley 5 minutes ago as 48 under-geared watchmen sent and i litterley just jumped in and dpsed him down fast dident need to los,dident need to spam cyclone or anything :p

Me as well,

just use interupts on the emperor and ignore his clones and it is easy as heck.

Edited by Parali
spoiler tags added

He's not got that many hp, I just ignored his shadow clone jutsu and interrupted his rasengen before he could cast it. If your undergeared there's always the recruit gear at 50. (Although you'll want to change out of it after so your not wearing the ridiculous looking gear for the final cut scene)

• 1 month later...

I soloed the Emp on lv50 als Jedi Guardian (Defense).

The crutial part is, not to stay in the middle of the crowd, but to use Force Push to single out "your Emperor" (keep fighting only one of them - do not switch) and then to jump after him with Force Leap. That gives you some time without the others beating on you. Call on the Force and use Saber Ward, MediPacks and all you've got.

Makes it pretty easy.

If you stay in the crowd, you die soon.

Edited by Parali
spoiler tags added

Hello there!

We ask that story discussions outside of the Spoilers forum be wrapped in spoiler tags. You may do this by putting [noparse]

[/noparse] at the beginning of your text and [noparse]

[/noparse] at the end! Your result will look like this:

this is an example of hidden text with spoiler tags!

We've edited the one or more posts to put in spoiler tags. Thanks everyone!