Can someone invents bags, so I can sell whole armor sets on the GTN?

Tricky-Ha

I think it'll be a good service & if the armortech, me Tricky, can create a matching set of armor where all of the pieces are the same color & put all of the pieces of that armor set into a bag labeled "Tricky's Powertech lvl40 Orange/green" on the GTN & offer to sell it for 60K credits...then that would be very cool.

But first...I need bags.

Why's there no bags in this game?

Edited by Tricky-Ha

I think it'll be a good service & if the armortech, me Tricky, can create a matching set of armor where all of the pieces are the same color & put all of the pieces of that armor set into a bag labeled "Tricky's Powertech lvl40 Orange/green" on the GTN & offer to sell it for 60K credits...then that would be very cool.

But first...I need bags.

Why's there no bags in this game?

I remember it was in SWG and it's really nice, tho, keep in mind, that people can abuse this by setting bags up for sale with nothing but trash inside the bag... and not the armor you thought you were buying.

The idea is good tho :)

So, you want to have bags, that you can put an indefinite amount of items into, and that the buyer has no idea will contain?

Isn't that what PVP bags are for?

No that's not what PvP bags are for, since they are not reusable so that I can empty them out & then fill them up with crafted armor pieces & sell those on the market.

Anyways, you're thinking like a small minded noob that's scared.

indefinite amount of items into, and that the buyer has no idea will contain...

Why would someone allow bags to be sold on the GTN like that, it's stupid. It would be stupid if BioWare attempted to just do that without thinking it through, a total newbie MMO developer mistake that they should know better just by observing common "bag" examples from other MMO's.

It's still weird that instead of using a common solved "bag feature here for the launch of SWTOR, BioWare just decided to not have any "bags" at all.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

No that's not what PvP bags are for, since they are not reusable so that I can empty them out & then fill them up with crafted armor pieces & sell those on the market.

Why would someone allow bags to be sold on the GTN like that, it's stupid.

Are you serious? Really? o.O

Why do you start to flame?

Now people cannot take your thread serious when you respond like that.

I know i wont from now on.

Sorry, it's just a common response when other people try to project their own fears onto me. Psychology & all that, no harm done.

BioWare, if you ever allow us to sell "bags" on the GTN, please make sure there is an /inspect feature in place so we can view the contents of the bag before buying it & also keep the report feature up to date so when "bag cheaters" are reported on they will be promptly dealt with.

Sorry, it's just a common response when other people try to project their own fears onto me. Psychology & all that, no harm done.

BioWare, if you ever allow us to sell "bags" on the GTN, please make sure there is an /inspect feature in place so we can view the contents of the bag before buying it & also keep the report feature up to date so when "bag cheaters" are reported on they will be promptly dealt with.

There's a difference between being paranoid, and having people project their fear on you... Psychology and all that.

Why would someone allow bags to be sold on the GTN like that, it's stupid. It would be stupid if BioWare attempted to just do that without thinking it through, a total newbie MMO developer mistake that they should know better just by observing common "bag" examples from other MMO's.

It's still weird that instead of using a common solved "bag feature here for the launch of SWTOR, BioWare just decided to not have any "bags" at all.

You missed his point, and resorted to namecalling as well. Nice.

They don't have bags, they have an inventory, which is much better imo. One big 'bag' with all your crap in it. I'll take that over bags any day.

Granted I haven't played all that many of the umpteen MMO's out there, but I haven't seen one yet where you can put a 'bag' of stuff on the AH/GTN/Exchange/Whatever and sell it as is, without buyer confirmation of what is in it. It's certainly not a 'common' feature in MMO's from what I've seen. And I don't want to be at the supportdesk when the people come flooding in that bought bags of bricks labeled 'Imba Green Moddable Heavy Armor!'. I'll buy my items one at a time if I'm looking for a set and know what I'm getting, mkay...

:edit: I see you detailed your idea a bit more in subsequent posts. It's still not common though.

Edited by SW-Angelus

You missed his point, and resorted to namecalling as well. Nice.

They don't have bags, they have an inventory, which is much better imo. One big 'bag' with all your crap in it. I'll take that over bags any day.

Granted I haven't played all that many of the umpteen MMO's out there, but I haven't seen one yet where you can put a 'bag' of stuff on the AH/GTN/Exchange/Whatever and sell it as is, without buyer confirmation of what is in it. It's certainly not a 'common' feature in MMO's from what I've seen. And I don't want to be at the supportdesk when the people come flooding in that bought bags of bricks labeled 'Imba Green Moddable Heavy Armor!'. I'll buy my items one at a time if I'm looking for a set and know what I'm getting, mkay...

They had it in SWG, and it got exploited to hell and back. Most MMOs just go the easy route of single auctions.

1. Bulletin boards ("Need help with blah blah.", "I can make cookies!").

2. Allow us to friend people that aren't online.

3. The ability to add notes to 'everything' (something you sell "I can make the rest!"; friends list "This guy makes Jello molds!").

4. 'Shared' friend lists across alts (or at least the ability to see and read notes from your other characters).

Lots of other cool social things to solve this, and if that isn't your cup of tea, a neat mechanical solution would be 'linked' AH items. Show the total price of the linked set, and identifier so you know it's in a set. Little button to drill in and see of list of 'just' what's in the set so you can try it all on, see what it looks like, and decide to buy or not.

I also think a reverse auction house would be cool, like a store front, where you can post things you can make, but maybe you don't feel like grinding out materials unless you have a customer, or would offer it for a set 'tip' price if they round up the mats, or part of the mats, or whatever. Then you could post that you can make a shirt. Someone can come along and click that they want to order a shirt from you, and then you make the shirt.

But I got way off track. Anyways, conceptually, being able to sell things as a set would be interesting. :o

I was interested in this thread, and you had to go and mess it all up. He didn't project fears on you, don't try to excuse your behavior, you were rude back to him. His question was legit, your response was rude.

Anyway, the idea is good if they limited the bag capacity and let you see what was inside. However, just because it was in SWG does not mean it should be here. I would think this would be very very very low on the priority list of things you might ever see implemented, since it adds very little value compared to other stuff they could fix/implement instead.

Edited by Fellthar

I am pretty sure the GTN is no where near set-up to handle that in a way where the buyer could inspect the items inside and there are defintely alot of things it needs more. It might be nice but, it's a pretty low priority and would likely be used to bundle items and circumvent storage/inventory limits.

I loved this in SWG & I personally think it's a great idea!

As for the "What if people scam others in the GTC?" questions, you will get an e-mail saying what you purchased (or what the seller listed it as), & the devs will be able to tell what the actual contents were in the container, so scammers would/could be dealt with.