NO VALOR GAINED , another bug ...

tekhiun

"Players are now notified when they kill a player but do not receive credit due to rate limits."

isnt this the issue or "bug" ? ... cus its intended

and to the poster above me... remember when games was played to have fun and not to have a gain ? today its just like... get off work, get home, more work... play games to have fun not just to get more and more and more

it is fail. rate limits, safe zones (invis wall of death), war zones, it is all garbage. back when MMOs had "WORLD PVP" this was never an issue

I am currenly in an Ilum instance where the repubs out number the imps, once they had us in base, and we kill a few, it's no valor gained, very annoying. why hinder legitimate gameplay with this fix? (I'm talking 2 full groups each side at least)

With such large number on both sides, people have to run in groups to kill themselves constantly, literally every minute, which makes this "fix" make pvp on ilum even less fun, over or under population

Edited by HenriClaytor

Dear, bioware

Thank you for ruining Ilum. Maybe you stopped kill trading but not really since it resets after death and if you are kill trading you die anyways. Finally we have an even fight on our server and I love that 1 fps and no valor are constants to all fights. Might as well have a message that pops up on all republics screens when they join Ilum that states, "We don't really care about you guys nor do we care about Ilum/world pvp in general but we think its a good idea to pretend to, love bioware". Just remove Ilum till you fix and balance it

love,

another upset subscriber

its not a bug, its intention, anti farm mechanic. is it stupid? yes it is.

Currently there are 2 different messages in Ilum that people are confusing.

1. PlayerX has recently died and is not currenty worth Valor

2. No Valor.

Number 2 is the one that is messed up. This is some kind of bug but players just don't know what is causing it. There were times after suiciding I would get 2 kills before getting the No Valor message again which then caused me to suicide all over. Getting out of combat, running away, afking for 5 minutes, none of those would clear the No Valor message, only dying or logging out of the game would do so.

I tried doing single target damage only, constant AE, out of OP group buffing, anything that I could think of to address the bug. I could not figure out what caused it. This is definitely something that needs to be addressed.

I duo'd with a friend for 3 hours in Ilum. During that time there were about 65 imperials and 50ish Republic. He never once got the bug and made over 80k valor in about 3.5 hours. In that same time I got the bug some 20+ times and made about 17k valor, (having to suicide and run back hurts when mass killing is going on). I think during one stretch I literally spent more time on my bike riding back to the battles then actually contributing to the battles themselves.

Plus people were talking in general chat as well how some were getting the bug and others weren't. This obviously isn't working as intended.

I agree that putting a timer on a player who dies is a good thing, but this No Valor message is something else entirely.

Well ok I understand killing x amount of people in x amount of time. But explain this I just got weekly go to ilum kill 3 people... The first 3 I have killed today and 1 kill counted the other 2 were no valor gained crap. I am trying to figure out the mechanic to that. Any ideas?