The Focus Thread

VictoriousSinner

There's a lot of debate about which specs (or mix thereof) are best for PvPt. I've read a lot of it, and I'm not interested in seeing any more arguments. What I am interested in is seeing some discussion about the Focus tree within the context of the Focus tree. Translation: I don't care if you think Vigilance or a Def/Vig hybrid spec is better. There's already 8 threads on that topic. I want some thoughts about Focus talents, strategies, rotations, tips and tricks.

So, Focus fans, help me out. I'm level 46, and I've been PvPing as Vigilance since 32 pretty consistently. I've also tooled around quite a bit with Defense. Focus, however, is absolutely brand new to me, and I'm ready to keep things fresh by trying a new spec.

Any recommended builds? Are there talents I should avoid in Focus? Are there talents in Defense or Vigilance that I need to grab? What are the ability priorities? Should my playstyle change much from my Vig spec?

Thanks!

There's a lot of debate about which specs (or mix thereof) are best for PvPt. I've read a lot of it, and I'm not interested in seeing any more arguments. What I am interested in is seeing some discussion about the Focus tree within the context of the Focus tree. Translation: I don't care if you think Vigilance or a Def/Vig hybrid spec is better. There's already 8 threads on that topic. I want some thoughts about Focus talents, strategies, rotations, tips and tricks.

So, Focus fans, help me out. I'm level 46, and I've been PvPing as Vigilance since 32 pretty consistently. I've also tooled around quite a bit with Defense. Focus, however, is absolutely brand new to me, and I'm ready to keep things fresh by trying a new spec.

Any recommended builds? Are there talents I should avoid in Focus? Are there talents in Defense or Vigilance that I need to grab? What are the ability priorities? Should my playstyle change much from my Vig spec?

Thanks!

You take the talents that buff Sweep up to Force Exhaustion. End of story.

The flavoring comes in deciding if you want slash buffed at all (which does help in pve while leveling, not so great in pvp), and where to spend the remaining 10 outside of focus.