Where are....

ugig

Where are all the threads discussing strats and ideas for countering X class ability with Y class ability and ideas for what to do in Z situations? All I keep seeing is Whine...bug this...Whine....nerf that..and..Whine these ppl suck because ______.

C'mon ppl a PvP community should be about getting better with what we got, not a whine fest

/Troll/Flame on

Edited by ugig

Where are all the threads discussing strats and ideas for countering X class ability with Y class ability and ideas for what to do in Z situations? All I keep seeing is Whine...bug this...Whine....nerf that..and..Whine these ppl suck because ______.

C'mon ppl a PvP community should be about getting better with what we got, not a whine fest

/Troll/Flame on

There are A LOT of complaint threads, but no more than any other MMO. I think a combat log would go a long way to dispelling some of the problems. People die quickly and since they can't look back at what happened they often describe their deaths with overt hyperbole (e.g. I was killed in 3 seconds by an Operative or a Sorc stunned me for 20 seconds).

/Troll/Flame on

Easy really....

This game has virtually no strats. Its chain stun target, murder it, move on.

If you play Huttball then some classes are better at running the ball, mainly the ones that can use force sprint + CC immunity....everyone else can go sod off. Its really that basic. I mean even ability rotations are virtually mindless, every ability in this game does either basic damage or a CC, there are no ramping effects, there are no real 'timing' effects, etc. Everything else is very basic.

Being chain stunned is your own fault. Learn how to use the resolve bar.

I always love that comment. its so cute.

The 'way of thinking' is that you wait til the 3rd (usually the stun that fills your bar) before you hit your break.....but you are likely dead by the time the resolve bar is full, because 6ish seconds is pretty cake to kill most toons in unless they have a healer focusing heals into them. So your point has no basis in actual logic.

Easy really....

This game has virtually no strats. Its chain stun target, murder it, move on.

If you play Huttball then some classes are better at running the ball, mainly the ones that can use force sprint + CC immunity....everyone else can go sod off. Its really that basic. I mean even ability rotations are virtually mindless, every ability in this game does either basic damage or a CC, there are no ramping effects, there are no real 'timing' effects, etc. Everything else is very basic.

There is strats, things like "as a pyro merc you should use thermal detonator first followed by incend missile then railshot because ppl will tend to not notice you when you do TD, and incend so by the time they really notice you TD is exploding and rail shot is hitting giving you that surprise burst that can lead to panic"