Hit a wall at 43..

Davvos

I did find the tatooine class story utterly impossible solo, I ended up bringing in a shadow to help. They actually had the same issue with their story.

Occasionally, I found I had to leave the boss on a solo mission for another level or two. Gear is key as the others have said. I prefer a tank companion, Gus does have healer but I think the companion should contrast in style, and with surrender, you can mostly transfer the hits onto the companion to give yourself some breathing room (and don't underestimate the difference stims and medpacks will have).

With Guss PVE should be easy mode. If not, then I suggest you have gear issues. GS are terrible in PVP but they should present no major issues in PVE. If oyu ever plan to PVP, stop your GS now and do yourself a favor and switch classes.

I had the same issue with the elites in the first part of Belsavis (and I'd been rolling with Guss since I got him).

Every other area was fine afterwards so I just chalked it up to those comm station guarding elites as being 'slinger kryptonite.

Talking with other Gunslingers, there is definately a wall you hit (particularly against melee elites) around level 43-45. Once you get past it though and start getting your final rank of your main abilities it evens out.

Ranged elites were troublesome, grenade launching ones required I get Guss to stay away from me so he didnt get hit with the aoe. Also not everyone notices Guss has a heal stance....

One thing I noticed in the mid 40 to 49 range, the difficulty lvl of same or simular mobs seemed to be highly variable.

I will double check the gear and try it again, but I hate that it's such a big wall when I'm already 43 trying to do missions for 41 or so so any rewards are too low for the character so you have to take the commendations if they offer one..

I regularly found the planet comm rewards were too low lvl for me by the time I had enough comms to buy them....

Every other area was fine afterwards so I just chalked it up to those comm station guarding elites as being 'slinger kryptonite.

Hitting 44 and getting a better barrel or two made the difference for me -- went back and was able to burn the elite down with at least 1/3 health remaining, and only had to use 1 medpac to help Gus out with the healing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.