How to beat a Sorcerer/sage or why they arn't overpowered ;)

me_unknown

their, just so you know...

Second, if they are running from you, IE getting away, they are not casting so no need for the interrupt...

Lastly even if they do run away from you ie getting away from you:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/hwCLZ3y/grapple

only the vanguard/powertech has tis ability.

Edited by me_unknown

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

their, just so you know...

Second, if they are running from you, IE getting away, they are not casting so no need for the interrupt...

Lastly even if they do run away from you ie getting away from you:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/hwCLZ3y/grapple

Not if its on cooldown and they and sprint and have a full resolve bar so you can`t stun them.

keyword: cooldown

Not if its on cooldown and they and sprint and have a full resolve bar so you can`t stun them.

Wait, so our stuff is magically off cooldown, but yours is magically on cooldown.... WTH.. If you are going to talk about ours being off then we have to assume so is yours.

I love how you bold and orange up cooldown ... what if sprint is on cooldown and they didn't have a full resolve bar :cool:

Loading your argument like that just makes you look like a tool. What's next you're going to complain that a sorc's dps is too high because you started the fight at 50% life? I can see it now:

Not if I'm at 1/2 life and they cast telekenetic throw and it crits .

keyword: 1/2 life

Edited by Orangerascal

Enjoy your arguments while you can. Defend your class all you want. Tell me i'm wrong without actually giving me an example. I understand you feel your class is "balanced" because you can beat almost everybody.

Rename the Sorc/Sages to Batman. Then rename all the other classes to Joker/Riddler/Tow-face/Penguin etc...

Batman wins not because he is smarter, or better. He wins because the writers make him win. They give him more tools in that great Utility Belt of his.

You can do damage without your Spammable spell. Just because the spell is down, your burst isn't as high. Doesn't mean you can't do damage. Is there a problem with my class? Meh, not so sure about that. I think the GS/Sniper is a very balanced class that does well when you understand how to play. Could it use tweaks? Sure, every class can. I'm not calling for an entire nerf to the class. They need to be toned down to be more in line with other classes.

Can you beat a sorc/sage? Sure. Are the odds tilted in favour of the sorc? yes. Deny it all you want, doesn't make you right. Enjoy whining about your class when they do bring it in line with other classes. FOTM, and right now they taste good.

true. but the commandos i faced are outdamaging me with easy in 1on1. i need my stunns to stop that ;) or i'm pretty fast dead.

The key to beat them is called Interrupt. Since they chain spam one spell to do the damage, it should as well work on these as it does on sorcs :D

This made me lol. Actually let me change that to: This made me ROFL IRL.

Also look at this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=271581

I call your thread a poor attempt to keep your class on its pedestal :)

Maybe you should try not quoting a baddie in the future. Considering he does not even know class ability's.

Tons of flaws in the **** he is saying. 20sec knock back shortest in game? Pulled that info out of his butt? Mercs get a 15sec knock back which knocks people farther then any other class as well. Wont even bother getting into the rest. Bottom line is he's bad an if you quote him your even worse.

Enjoy your arguments while you can. Defend your class all you want. Tell me i'm wrong without actually giving me an example. I understand you feel your class is "balanced" because you can beat almost everybody.

It's hard to tell you, you are wrong when you don't supply a premise for your argument :rolleyes:

Edited by Orangerascal

Maybe you should try not quoting a baddie in the future. Considering he does not even know class ability's.

Tons of flaws in the **** he is saying. 20sec knock back shortest in game? Pulled that info out of his butt? Mercs get a 15sec knock back which knocks people farther then any other class as well. Wont even bother getting into the rest. Bottom line is he's bad an if you quote him your even worse.

he meant shortest distance. Should we derp now or derp later.

Wait, so our stuff is magically off cooldown, but yours is magically on cooldown.... WTH.. If you are going to talk about ours being off then we have to assume so is yours.

Point taken: but if you apply Murphy's law to it "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". Take it for what it's worth.

Rename the Sorc/Sages to Batman. Then rename all the other classes to Joker/Riddler/Tow-face/Penguin etc...

Batman wins not because he is smarter, or better. He wins because the writers make him win. They give him more tools in that great Utility Belt of his.

You can do damage without your Spammable spell. Just because the spell is down, your burst isn't as high. Doesn't mean you can't do damage. Is there a problem with my class? Meh, not so sure about that. I think the GS/Sniper is a very balanced class that does well when you understand how to play. Could it use tweaks? Sure, every class can. I'm not calling for an entire nerf to the class. They need to be toned down to be more in line with other classes.

Can you beat a sorc/sage? Sure. Are the odds tilted in favour of the sorc? yes. Deny it all you want, doesn't make you right. Enjoy whining about your class when they do bring it in line with other classes. FOTM, and right now they taste good.

Another peerson who does not understand what a logical fallacy is..You do realize there are lots of people here telling you how you are wrong.

We have NO burst

LOL

I love theese trying to keep the sorc. from being nerfed threads, bye the kids that want easy mode to stay ingame.

Or all the lvl 50 sorc that dont want there class to be nerfed, so they actually have to gain a little skill to play or do some effort to win.

yes i hade a lvl 50 sorc(beta) i currently have a lvl 50 gunslinger and Jedi sentinel i am sorry the sorc is simply to easy to play in pvp.

If there is more then 4 sorc in any current pvp game witch there usaly is out of the 8 man strong team they win, and usaly you see half the if not more of the other team just leave the warzone or go afk until its over.

The main reason i dont have a sorc after the real release is plain and simple it was so easy to see that 70% of all empire chars in pvp would be sorc and behold it happend...

i have yet to experience a single pvp match sins release with less then 3 sorc in it.

and if you lvl up a neew char and plays in the brackets below lvl 50 it is easy to see that more or less everyone now wants a easy mode char because of the stupid amount of sorc in pvp battles.

Unless somthing is done and it will happen and i cant wait for the loads of threads here on the forum trying to justify that it shut not happen, i forsee matches in pvp with more or less only sorc. soon.

Another peerson who does not understand what a logical fallacy is..You do realize there are lots of people here telling you how you are wrong.

We have NO burst

Being DoT-based does not mean not having burst because your DoTs stack. With 3 seconds of preparation, you can execute possibly the highest burst in the game.

Also, burst isn't a single big package of damage, it's big damage delivered in a short time. Lack of a 5k hit is not lack of burst capability.

For a guy who talks about logical fallacies, you sure know little about them.

LOL

I love theese trying to keep the sorc. from being nerfed threads, bye the kids that want easy mode to stay ingame.

If your main is a mercenary you're in for a shock

The main reason i dont have a sorc after the real release is plain and simple it was so easy to see that 70% of all empire chars in pvp would be sorc and behold it happend...

Again if your main is a merc .... well the iron speak volumes.

Edited by Orangerascal

The key to beat them is called Interrupt. Since they chain spam one spell to do the damage, it should as well work on these as it does on sorcs :D

well, i know this. but it is not that easy. anyhow it is offtopic. i do not know enough for a commando underpowered/overpowered or what ever discussion.

my thread is basically intended to not overreact. so it seems as expected most people make something else out of it. a catchy title seems to contain all they need to know ;)

Being DoT-based does not mean not having burst because your DoTs stack. With 3 seconds of preparation, you can execute possibly the highest burst in the game.

Also, burst isn't a single big package of damage, it's big damage delivered in a short time. Lack of a 5k hit is not lack of burst capability.

Care to back that up with numbers?

Also which logical fallacy did I make?

With 3 seconds of prep I will have a whole 1200 point burst if you count dots.

when i read sorcerer being dot based i usually have to lough. yes we/they have dots, but they are more of an utility than a damage feature.

there is one very low damage dot all sages/sorcerers have. it can be skilled in telekinetic tree to have a proc on crits to halfen the cast time of telekinetic throw (most usefull for hybrids, not very usefull in pvp for a pure telekinetik build).

then be have our 2s cast instant damage+very short dot. one half of the damage is the initial one the other half is the following dot. it is our most damaging spell on a 15s cd. the dot duration can be increased by 2 s in the balance tree (near the top, sonly pure balance builds have it).

and then there is the 31 points ability in the balance tree which is a dot, the first real dot with significant damage we have.

but none of them, even if you are balance and have all 3 ticking at the same time give you something you could call "burst" if you compare it with other classes damage output.

sorcerer/sage is not a dot class like we know from WoW!

Edited by me_unknown