Rakata Earpiece = POS

Enkaizu

So after grinding out daily commendations I took a look at what I would be getting and noticed something odd about the Rakata Earpiece.

Before I go on, I had the Fervor Reflex Enhancement Device which is craftable by cybertechs.

Which was the epic version of http://www.torhead.com/schematic/1lzWTMY/reflex-enhancement-adaptor. The stats of the epic version were as follows

62 Aim (Augmented to 90 Aim)

52 Endurance

69 Accuracy

65 Critical

+ augment slot for 28 aim

vs the rakata eliminator

85 Aim

98 Endurance

51 Accuracy

51 Critical

No augment slot.

If augmented, the lvl 49 epic Reflex Adaptor (with Fervor prefix) gives +5 Aim, +18 Accuracy, and +14 Critical rating while only losing 46 endurance.

From purely a dps standpoint, the lvl 49 epic Fervor Reflex is better.

I'm not going to turn this into a /hate thread but this is just silly to me. I don't really care because an upgrade is an upgrade but I wanted to make the BH community aware of this so they don't waste time grinding out daily commendations for a sub-par piece of gear and to possibly have the BW team see this in effort to improve itemization in the future.

If anyone else have found weird gearing "issue" like this I would like to know as well.

wow, a crafted item that is actually better than a commendation item?

Making a profession viable at hl?

I say keep it that way.

I concur.. it's fairly difficult to craft one of those with an augment slot. It's not like there are hundreds of them on the AH and are dirt cheap.

I think the trade-off of End vs DPS stats is a good option.

Edited by Argolith

I concur.. it's fairly difficult to craft one of those with an augment slot. It's not like there are hundreds of them on the AH and are dirt cheap.

and they should let all the BOP armormech rakata armor also be BOE... sucks to have great gear that i cant sell.

It is until you start doing HM and Nightmare Ops and realize you are the only DPS left that's still only got 15k health and are getting f'ed up by various boss mechanics.

But I concur, if I wasn't looking at the long view, I'd take the more DPS route everytime.

It is until you start doing HM and Nightmare Ops and realize you are the only DPS left that's still only got 15k health and are getting f'ed up by various boss mechanics.

But I concur, if I wasn't looking at the long view, I'd take the more DPS route everytime.

BHs have good damage reduction, so it shouldn't matter much. I use a crafted ear piece presently and still sit at 18500 hp

Edit: fixed language to clarify.

Edited by Chorusgirl

"BH's have retarded damage reduction"

I know you meant that BH's have good damage reduction, but ignoring the "boo hoo offensive" term, retarded actually means slowed or hampered, so it kinda had the opposite effect you wanted.

Considering that 2min cooldown isn't something that used more than once or twice during boss fight, and considering that it stinks in comparison with Sith Warior's... Yeah, "retarded" is the right word.

"BH's have retarded damage reduction"

I know you meant that BH's have good damage reduction, but ignoring the "boo hoo offensive" term, retarded actually means slowed or hampered, so it kinda had the opposite effect you wanted.

i got a warning for using the "r" word in a post when not directed at anyone in particular, be careful, the nazi droids are watching.