Not recieving affection from chat options.

Lethimer

I've reached Quesh, just hit dark IV and Kaliyo is just not recieving any affection from any chat options i click (positive or negative!). I've made sure she is definitely out before i start chat, and options that i know should generate a response from her just don't do anything. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution about?

Theres one of two things i can think of. One Quesh really just doesnt have that many affection hits especially for someone as picky as kaliyo and two i think around lvl 36 where you should be around quesh is stage i finsihed maxing my first companions and when that happens you stop getting affection are 10k yet with kaliyo from what it sounds like you actually cared about maxing hers so may already be done whats she at.

She has reached just over 8.4k affection. I have been switching between her and the doctor. But even when I make dark side decisions, things that have always made her happy (killing someone because they are just at the wrong place at the wrong time, or they deserve it) I've got nothing. Any ideas?

Theres one of two things i can think of. One Quesh really just doesnt have that many affection hits especially for someone as picky as kaliyo and two i think around lvl 36 where you should be around quesh is stage i finsihed maxing my first companions and when that happens you stop getting affection are 10k yet with kaliyo from what it sounds like you actually cared about maxing hers so may already be done whats she at.

While 10K is max, you will still see the popup affection gains during a conversation.

While 10K is max, you will still see the popup affection gains during a conversation.

I believe that the writer's were very jumbled with Kaliyo. It is not uncommon to have two virtually identical situations where one gains +15 and the next gives nothing.

She is predictably unpredictable.

That being said, if you want to make sure it isn't bugged out, just cheat and try all of the different options. She does occasionally seem to +15 something totally unexpected.

By "cheat" I mean that Affection gains and losses are not actually awarded until the quest is completed. You can always drop the quest, reset it, or the like to get another shot.

Also, you can ESC out of a Dialog and re-do it if you mis-clicked.

That being said, if you want to make sure it isn't bugged out, just cheat and try all of the different options. She does occasionally seem to +15 something totally unexpected.

I'ld say it's the 1,2,3 text doesn't give an accurate feel for how snarky your real answer might be. But yeah...

I'ld say it's the 1,2,3 text doesn't give an accurate feel for how snarky your real answer might be. But yeah...

True, but even if it is snarky, Kaliyo appears to be very context sensitive. "There will be no survivors" will net a +15 in some conversations but not others (or even get a -1). She seems to be fairly nuanced as to how she "thinks."

True, but even if it is snarky, Kaliyo appears to be very context sensitive. "There will be no survivors" will net a +15 in some conversations but not others (or even get a -1). She seems to be fairly nuanced as to how she "thinks."

yeah there are classes of individuals she seems to consider outside the fight or be sympathetic to. Which shouldn't be too hard to deduce as they are pretty obvious.

There's a mission on Belsavis that for some reason one response I made that was practically bootlicking the Empire net me 15 affection with her. I think she has some legitimately bugged gains because I've had her -1 even on fairly neutral and barely even implicit pro-duty/Empire responses.