rakata vs columi please help....

Martvor

Hi all can somebody from experience raiders help me out?

I won roll on rakata boots changed token and equipped them but result was little bit confusing:

here is comparison to my stats with old columi boots:

______________R _|__ C

Bonus damage: 647 | 658.1

bonus healing: 464.9 | 473

acc __________100 | 100

crit __________33.34 | 31,79

regen ___________ 8 | 8

act speed:______5.06 | 4.97

So i will gain 1.64% to crit chance and 0.09% activation speed and loose 11.1 bonus damage which seems like terribly bad deal for me......

what you think?

Edited by Martvor

Well, Rakata gear is itemized like crap, no other way of putting it. If you want to have well-itemized Rakata, start picking up Columi IA helms and gloves, rip the Power/Surge enhancement out, and throw it into your Rakata. It's better than Crit/Surge or Power/Alacrity by a long shot, even being a grade 24 instead of the Rakata grade 25's.

Otherwise, one of your Rakata set pieces you'll need to get as Force Mystic to maximize Willpower, and if I recall correctly the Stalker implants (or maybe it was earpiece) are better for us.

Edited by Daellia

Hi.

thanks for answer. i read on forums earlier that it needs to be re itemized from columi but i didn't though that it will be so bad(saved all my commendations however :) ).

i 'm also confused regarded generator - force master vs. stalker

stalker one will give me +4 dmg -200 hp -0.01% crit.

is +4 dmg worth 200 hp ?

Well, Rakata gear is itemized like crap, no other way of putting it. If you want to have well-itemized Rakata, start picking up Columi IA helms and gloves, rip the Power/Surge enhancement out, and throw it into your Rakata. It's better than Crit/Surge or Power/Alacrity by a long shot, even being a grade 24 instead of the Rakata grade 25's.

Otherwise, one of your Rakata set pieces you'll need to get as Force Mystic to maximize Willpower, and if I recall correctly the Stalker implants (or maybe it was earpiece) are better for us.

Is this true even post-surge nerf?

There are 4 secondary stats.

Power - linear gains

Crit - diminishing returns, cap at 30% - benefits drop sharply near 250-300

Surge - diminishing returns, cap at 50% (30% next patch) - benefits drop between 350-400

Accuracy - absolutely no benefit to Sorc

Alacrity - diminishing returns, exceptionally poor stat conversion, next to useless

Poor itemization means that people currently should stack crit/surge for quite some time. The options are:

Crit/Surge: get 19/48

Power/Crit: none avail

Power/Surge: get 34/48

Even if they go through with the Surge nerf, what other options do you have? There's a rather large thread about this exact issue on the forums somewhere.

BW needs to drop Surge's benefit, that's rather obvious from the huge damage spikes players are capable of. Proper testing would have (did show in theorycrafting) that this was a problem at launch - an issue for another time. The problem now is that of the 5 secondary DPS stats, 2 of them are useless for many classes and the game currently only offers 2 variants that you would want to slot. One of which is about to provide minimal benefit at the gear levels you acquire it.

Rakata gear all has entirely too much accuracy/alacrity. Most specs will want at least some of each but i dont know of anyone who wants it on every peice, other than our sorc healer who has a hard-on for alacrity.

Literally EVERY peice of all 3 tank sets have accuracy enhancements. Definitely getting a bunch of extra columi helms and gloves for my powertech.