The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Damage Reduction...

KoreanKamkazi

?

Armor value is on every piece of equipment you get. Better items have higher armor. Though there's a few choices in gear at end-game, they all have very similar armor values.

It's not something you can 'stack' or itemise for.

It's a flat damage reduction on kinetic and energy damage.

Were you thinking of wearing light armor or something?

edit - oh, and my VG is at 51% DR... still in half columi half mastercraft gear... not sure what full Rakata is, I'd guess somewhere around 55%?

Edited by Mayol

Im in all player crafted purple gear, self buffed (biochem, defense buff stim)...

DR: ~50.18%

Defense: ~22%*

Shield Chance: ~52.40%**

Shield Absorb: ~50.85%

Internal and Elemental: 9%

* -> can squeeze a few more precent with a few more pieces Im working on.

** -> was over 56% but gave some up to cap absorb.

Agreed though, only way to get damage reduction up is though higher armor ratings.

Edited by Ironcleaver

Here's my stat spread. I'm at 4/5 Columi, with Rakata Legs, so well geared. And HP total is buffed.

Health: 20896

Armor: 8128

Damage Reduction: 50.94%

Defense Chance: 17.03%

Shield Chance: 45.63%

Shield Absorb: 35.15%

I don't know exactly what you are shooting for. The AR, as someone said, is pretty much gear dependent and will be close to the same for everyone in similar gear. If you meant Defense Chance, that's another story.

IMO, defense is less useful than Shield Chance/Absorb merely because it makes the damage you take much less spiky, and much easier on your healers (Especially non-sage healers). Defense is great as a 3rd stat, but I wouldn't prioritize it until you have a more than comfortable level of Shield Chance/Absorb.

I don't think there is any way to change your damage reduction other than better gear and the Adrenal for 15 seconds, really. Hope this helps.

Defense is Stronger then Shield, because getting no damage is always better than take less damage.

We maybe have Ammo gain vom Shielding but that only help when we have low ammo,

or if we Shield. And if the Enemy uses an Attack that is Shieldable in the Firstplace ;)

Shield and Absorb are easier to get since we get alot when Talentet.

Defense is Stronger then Shield, because getting no damage is always better than take less damage.

We maybe have Ammo gain vom Shielding but that only help when we have low ammo,

or if we Shield. And if the Enemy uses an Attack that is Shieldable in the Firstplace ;)

Shield and Absorb are easier to get since we get alot when Talentet.

Actually, from the theory crafting I've seen, defense is not superior to absorb. I also read a thread on the tanking forums (I think), with some calculations and spreadsheets putting defense lower than both absorb and shield

Actually, from the theory crafting I've seen, defense is not superior to absorb. I also read a thread on the tanking forums (I think), with some calculations and spreadsheets putting defense lower than both absorb and shield

Theory-crafting!

You never can fully apply statistics to real game occurence.

This is not about a simulated environment. Just comparing Numbers wil never help you in the event itself. In addition there is not so much room to change Stats on the Rakata gear.

Taking reduced damage is fine. But Taking no damage at all will always be better.

You may say Shielding is nice because of the ammo-proc. And i agree on that.

But there is no reason to let defense behind. Even if your defense roll fails, your shieldroll can also fail. And then all your absorb is worth nothing.

Encounter at the Moment arent that hard. And i honestly dont think that min/maxing is needed. Wearing just whatever Columi / Rakata gear you get will do the job.

Maybe this will change with next content, and when we have fully acces to a combat log showing at least what happend around our chars.

Edited by Shizophim