Order of Storylines

Dayshadow

Of course, this post contains SPOILERS... in the SPOILER forum

Anyone have any idea on what order different storylines occur in? By class and Chapter?

Having player Trooper and Sith Warrior I can assert that the Warrior Chapter 1 happens first and the Trooper Chapter 1. Or rather, the Empire happens first, then the Republic. Because the Warrior wins the battle for Blamorra. Then in chapter 2 the Trooper takes the capital and wins it for the Balmorran Resistance. I assume the Warrior win Taris for the Empire?

I'm assuming the Emperor is undefeated at the end of the Warrior story.

The Consular defeats the Emperor's backup plan or allow the Jedi Council to eventually pursue and eliminate the back up plan(s)

The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor.

My trooper is lvl 50 and hasn't started chapter 3, but an NPC (quest unlocked due to my level) on Carrick Station mentions a new supreme chncellor. The Bounty Hunter supposedly kills the Supreme chancellor (or a Dark Council member). Are these events mentioned in the trooper story anywhere?

In the post story Ilum content everyone says the emperor is dead. Is this mentioned within the non-jedi storylines previously or is it just dropped on those players after their class storyline in over?

I'm just trying to figure out what order to play the different classes in, which have crossover, etc.

Edited by Dayshadow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All non class stories are terribly conflicting. One side wins balmorra one side doesn't, unless you play the opposite side too. They make no sense, and are fluff to be ignored.

Chronologically Empire wise, it goes -- Imperial Agent, BH/Sith Warrior (little difference) Sith Inquisitor is the last.

Sith Warrior ends after Jedi Knight as you get an email telling you that one of the Emperors voices was killed (host body) but the emperor himself lives on. This was obviously done by the Knight

I believe Jedi Knight is one of the first, if not THE first.

It is kind of hard to really guage the order of the storylines because I think it changes planet by planet or at least chapter by chapter. In terms of just the storyline endings, we know the Bounty Hunter ending occurs before the Trooper and Jedi Consular ending. The Jedi Consular ending has to happen before the Jedi Knight ending, and the Sith Warrior gets an email implying that his ending occured at the same time as the Jedi Knight. I believe that the Sith Inquisitor Ending has to happen after the Sith Warrior ending, but I would have to double check.

So that would make a rough order of the endings:

Bounty Hunter

Jedi Consular

Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior

Sith Inquisitor

Didin't include Trooper since I only know it occurs post-BH. I'm sure there is probably soemthing or another that would place the Smuggler or IA, but I haven't researched their endings too much.

All non class stories are terribly conflicting. One side wins balmorra one side doesn't, unless you play the opposite side too. They make no sense, and are fluff to be ignored.

Chronologically Empire wise, it goes -- Imperial Agent, BH/Sith Warrior (little difference) Sith Inquisitor is the last.

Sith Warrior ends after Jedi Knight as you get an email telling you that one of the Emperors voices was killed (host body) but the emperor himself lives on. This was obviously done by the Knight

While there are a few planets where the world arcs have some issues with being reconciled(Voss chief among them), Balmorra and Taris are not those planets. The Republic's story on Balmorra takes place well after the Empire's story has finished(hence why the Republic and Empire have different instances of the planet). The same is for Taris and the Empire.

So on Balmorra what happens is that the Empire destroys the majority of the rebellion and pushes them out of their strongholds. They then turn the former rbllion strongholds into their own bases(there is a specific mention of using the Balmorran Arms Factory as a base). Some time passes and as the war with the Empire seems to be becoming invetible, the Republic decides to commit forces on Balmorra for a third time(first bing the initial defense and the second being the Imperial storyline) and they manage to free the planet this time.

A conversation with Doc has Kaliyo still working for Nemro, so it definitely takes place before IA.

No, there are canon endings to all.

The Republic clearly wins Balmorra, assuming a Republic NPCs claim - that by the end-game they have regained everything they lost - is true then the Republic gets Alderaan and re-takes Taris, and the future patch notes have shown that

Republic wins Corellia, no big surprise there.

Some of them seem to go like this, from the earliest to end to the last:

1)BH

2)SW

3)JK

4)JC

5)SI

Smuggler and Trooper would seem to end relatively early on also.

EDIT: Edited to correct baffling mistakes.

Edited by Rouge

A conversation with Doc has Kaliyo still working for Nemro, so it definitely takes place before IA.

No she isn't working for Nemro during that conversation. Doc on Kaliyo:

My friend's old employer is a Hutt Cartel boss named Nem'ro. He's infected with an incurable disease. It's eating him alive--literally.(emphasis added)

No, there are canon endings to all.

The Republic clearly wins Balmorra, assuming a Republic NPCs claim - that by the end-game they have regained everything they lost - is true then the Republic gets Alderaan and re-takes Taris, and the future patch notes have shown that

Republic wins Corellia, no big surprise there.

Some of them seem to go like this, from the earliest to end to the last:

1)BH

2)SW

3)JK

4)JC

5)SI

Smuggler and Trooper would seem to end relatively early on also.

EDIT: Edited to correct baffling mistakes.

I figured that by the time the planets take place, the Empire loses Balmorra and the Republic ultimately loses Taris, which is also located close to Imperial space. I believe the JC gets to fight Darth Lachris, the newly appointed Governor of Balmorra, and Governor Saresh leaves Taris with no given reason, so I figure she fled before the Empire could get ahold of her.

No, I think the Empire INITIALLY secures Balmorra. Then the Republic takes it later.

The Republic INITIALLY secures Taris. Then the Empire takes it over.

The Empire INITIALLY takes Corellia. Then the Republic retakes it.

In some cases the planet stories come after the class story completion. For instance, when the BH(and I believe SW and SI) class story ends Corellia is still under Imperial control. But that isn't the case for the IA.

As far the the SW and JK ending they take place at the same time as I believe the messages says, "while you were dealing with Baras" or something to that effect.

One of the Jedi Consulars companion quest involves Kaliyo before the Agent gets her. IA also kills a friend of the Consular within their class story. So I think the Consular starts first. Then a certain amount of the IA story plays out. Then the Consular continues.

Balmorra is Chapter I for Empire and Chapter II for Republic. Taris is Chapter I for Republic and Chapter II for Empire. That's why they have different level ranges for each faction. The reason these two seems very conflicting is because they happen at completely different times.

All of the class stories happen at roughly the same time per level appropriate world. I don't know the exact orders. From a different thread, this is apparently the order for Corellia.

Bounty Hunter

Jedi Consulor/Trooper

Smuggler/Trooper

Jedi Knight

Sith Warrior

Sith Inquisitor

World quests validity I'm unsure about since they sometimes (or all) directly conflict each other.

Flashpoints happen in order and during whatever Chapter that their level range is in. In general it seems Republic exclusive Flashpoints happen before Empire counterparts (Maelstrom vs Foundry for instance).

Edited by GenericallyNamed

I figured that by the time the planets take place, the Empire loses Balmorra and the Republic ultimately loses Taris, which is also located close to Imperial space. I believe the JC gets to fight Darth Lachris, the newly appointed Governor of Balmorra, and Governor Saresh leaves Taris with no given reason, so I figure she fled before the Empire could get ahold of her.

Saresh gets promoted. To Supreme Chancellor eventually.

The Republic seems, based on Republic NPC quotes, re-take also Taris after the end-game Imperial push to Republic space fails at Corellia.

In some cases the planet stories come after the class story completion. For instance, when the BH(and I believe SW and SI) class story ends Corellia is still under Imperial control. But that isn't the case for the IA.

Assuming the timeline in the Republic world arc that is hinted to is canon, the Imperial "victory" probably only lasts for a few hours at most. To clarify what I mean, I believe there is a direct reference to the final events of the Imperial Corellian world arc happening while the Republic characters are in the middle of the final dungeon for the world arc implying the two events are happening at almost the same time.

I therefore think it is more likely that the class stories finish up before the events on Corellia do as that gives a wider time window for the class story finales to take place.

Flashpoints happen in order and during whatever Chapter that their level range is in. In general it seems Empire exclusive Flashpoints happen before Republic counterparts (Maelstrom vs Foundry for instance).

Unless I am getting my flashpoints mixed up, Maelstrom has to happen before Foundry so in that case the Republic one goes first.

Someone in another thread says you take her "hostage" as colateral. This that not true?

Sort of true? Basically she is being paid to be a hostage on the JK's ship while Doc does his amazingness on Nem'ro. But this is after she has left his employ. Essentially the idea is supposed to be that Nem'ro is sweet on her so her being a hostage will keep him from kidnapping Doc.

Malgus states that Coreilla was in fact a victory, but they lost to many men and resources to call it a real victory. Did they take the planet? Ya. Was it a true victory? Hell no.

Also all stories start at the same time, the only difference of course is CLASS events happen before others or at the same time.

I'm pretty sure the Empire story on Corellia happens first. Corellia officially joins the Empire, Darth Decimus is then killed by the Republic hero trying to hold it, as well as about 2-3 other members of the Dark Council. The Empire's grasp on Corellia becomes as tenuous as their grasp on Balmorra was.

The story will probably continue in the next patch and may clear up some of these obscurities.

But the gyst of all of these stories seems to be simple: A return to the status quo. Whatever gains either side make, they lose when the other side reaches the planet.

Summary from my experiences:

Balmorra conquered, then lost back to the Republic(Especially in the Consular storyline)

Taris restoration starts going well, Empire destroys their efforts and Taris becomes too costly for the Republic to keep.

Corellia joins the Empire officially, Republic makes all the gains they made moot AND kills the majority of their leaders.

Ilum: Empire starts forming a stealth fleet, kills a Republic admiral and many Jedi Masters, Malgus betrays them. Republic kills a member of the Dark Council due to Malgus betraying intel to them, Malgus forms his new Empire.(This one seems to happen simultaneously, but its so incongruous as to what the position of each side was! On the Empire side, the Republic is stronger and firmly entrenched, on the Republic side, they're barely holding on until you show up.)

Belsavis seems to be the only world that doesn't return to status quo, as the Empire frees the Dread Masters while the Republic only stops the World Razer from breaking out.

The other issue is what sparks the actual outbreak of total war again. On the IA side, its Code Name Hunter framing the Empire for destroying a Republic colony. On the SW side its you killing off key Republic figures. On the Trooper side, its you destroying project Gauntlet and Rakton declaring war. On the Consular side, its you taking Balmorra and the Children of the Emperor coming out to try and kill off key Republic dignitaries. For EVERY side, its the freeing of Revan which causes the Emperor to throw all restraint to the wind, as well as Revan's attempted genocide of the Empire. Which of the above truly sparked the war? All of the above? None of the above?

Edited by EthanThristam

Malgus states that Coreilla was in fact a victory, but they lost to many men and resources to call it a real victory. Did they take the planet? Ya. Was it a true victory? Hell no.

Also all stories start at the same time, the only difference of course is CLASS events happen before others or at the same time.

Not really. Text ripped from content in the 1.2 patch(someday I'll figure out how this was done so I can do it myself) has Imperial NPCs state that they were driven off of Corellia by Republic forces.

As for time period, we know from a dev comment that there is roughly a 2 year gap between the start of the earliest class story and the start of the last class storyline(although we don't know for sure which is which).

Sort of true? Basically she is being paid to be a hostage on the JK's ship while Doc does his amazingness on Nem'ro. But this is after she has left his employ. Essentially the idea is supposed to be that Nem'ro is sweet on her so her being a hostage will keep him from kidnapping Doc.

Anyone know if there is a IA companion quest in which Kaliyo leaves to help an old friend?

Anyone know if there is a IA companion quest in which Kaliyo leaves to help an old friend?

To the best of my knowledge no she has nothing like that....plus she doesn't really consider Doc to be a friend

When is it acknowledged within any class storyline?

Trooper and Jedi Consular endings(plus Corellia world arc). I really want to say that she might be in the Smuggler ending also....but I am a lot less certain of that.

Not really. Text ripped from content in the 1.2 patch(someday I'll figure out how this was done so I can do it myself) has Imperial NPCs state that they were driven off of Corellia by Republic forces.

As for time period, we know from a dev comment that there is roughly a 2 year gap between the start of the earliest class story and the start of the last class storyline(although we don't know for sure which is which).

Is that in-game? No. There was text that was ripped in 1.2, which conflicts what we have in-game, so until this becomes an in-game thing where Imps say it to my face it's simply not true.

To the best of my knowledge no she has nothing like that....plus she doesn't really consider Doc to be a friend

Trooper and Jedi Consular endings(plus Corellia world arc). I really want to say that she might be in the Smuggler ending also....but I am a lot less certain of that.

Kaliyo during one of her conversations does say that she is still on good terms with Nem'ro though