Constructive criticism (A players viewpoint of pvp)

hargrave

Im writing this b/c I feel like ilum and open wold pvp is bieng set to the side and quitely ignored. I notice a lot more investment is bieng put into warzones? Yet we still cant even choose them and your going to introduce a new warzone without the option of choice. I would like to point this out about this scenario.

Gabe has said if we were to have the choice of what warzone we want this would be a "negative" thing until we have cross server pvp. Well in case the devs arent aware people are already cancelling out of warzones they dont want already by other means myself included when i rarely do them. So how is this any different from how it is now other then your forcing people to play ones they dont want to? Having a choice is a never a bad thing. My gut feeling is that your concerned about people not playing huttbal enough doesnt mean im right just my 2 cents.

If a new warzone is launched without the option to choose that warzone i gaurantee you people will be dropping out of warzones 90% more then they usually do the first week or 2 of that new warzone.

Same faction warzones?

We already have huttball and making more same faction warzones doesnt solve the issue in the long run. To be honest same faction pvp creates more negative issues then it does good. I have imps who are mad and try to zerg me like nuts for killing them so many times. It may not be the same on all servers but thats my view of same faction pvp.

Ilum

This has been the biggest letdown for me. This is why i dont like ilum

No real objective pvp. I can run up and solo take or "pretend" take the outside of the rep base. This is not an objective really. A real objective is actually taking control of the base itself and killing a "base" boss. My feeling is it was made this way b/c the reps are outnumbered and this was considered ahead of time.

Real objective based pvp means forming a raid having a raid assist window (which we still dont have) and capturing a base not just taking the outside of it actually going into and killing a base boss and capturing the base.

This thread about how ilum should have been seems to have gone ignored http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=234156 (that guild has quit the game btw that made that thread)

100vs100 this statement made by gabe and this video here

Ilum can barely hold 20vs20 fights and then its been instanced to hell. The instancing has done more bad then good here a prime example

Ilum 1: imp wheres the reps at?

Ilum 3: theres a ton here

Ilum 1: ok everyone go to ilum 3

ilum 3: Where did all the reps go?

Ilum 1: Theres a ton of reps here in Ilum 1

This is what i saw on a daily basis people switching and avoiding pvp altogether. Or when there is pvp its just 70 plus imps camping a rep base and i dont want to be part of that.

We need pvp objectives on other planets to thin out the rep camping would be an awesome thing to do. imagine if your a rep you go to ilum and its bieng camped the rep base well you could just go screw this im going to the tatooine pvp base and see whats going on there.

Long term

So how is open world pvp going to be dealt with? my view is its bieng swept under the rug for same faction warzones and ignored with exception of the valor fix and 1.1 mess. We cant make open world pvp same faction fighting. Cross server pvp might help.

Republic side

Pvp is paying the price for not making the rep side more appealing. I understand your view of wookies not bieng a playable race but this was a bad decision and ill explain why.

Wookies as a playable race would have made the game more balanced. I feel pretty confident saying there would be a large amount of people who would switch sides to play a wookie including me. Now it might even be to much but i would rather be outnumbered and fight 500 wookies then i would sitting at the rep base for 5 mins and then leaving ilum out of boredom as a imp.

Im sure ill hear we cant make wookies. Well playing a bounty hunter in the great hunt storyline theres a wookie in there and i can understand him just fine and his mouth is moving and making all the noises and racket. It would have been a worthwhile investment to do this.

To jame ohlen

You've asked me a customer to trust bioware and you. Well i did to be honest but heres why i dont anymore

James ohlen "we have the best pvp team in the world" I find this statement to not be true. No offense to the devs or you i actually like the devs i met them at con and i hope to discuss this in person with you at the con if your there. The pvp has been a HUGE letdown. If we have the best pvp team for this game why is ilum bieng ignored and not made how it was represented to be before launch? I was in beta i seen ilum for months ahead of time and i even said about what happened with the 1.1 patch 6 months ago in beta but you didnt listen then? The other issue which is a non pvp related issue is a customizable ui as a "coming soon" feature that comes standard in any other mmo seems bit silly to advertise that as new feature when its standard elsewhere. Same faction pvp investing more then open world. This is not a long term solution and not a solution for open world pvp.

Gabe amategelo

100vs100 epic pvp on ilum i have found this to not be true nor accurate. What i see is a valor farming paradise for imps and reps leaving the game or joing the imp side. Kinships trading kills is unaceptable to say the least. In the end it doesnt matter those kinships will leave when they get thier gear anyhow they were never there to pvp.

No "REAL" objective based pvp to date. Bien able to solo take the outside of a base is just wrong and not epic or anything. It should take a raid to kill a base boss to take a base.

After seeing how Ilum was advertised by you 2 and how its turned out its quite disapointing. Im hoping in 6 months time im not unsubbing due to lack of open world pvp investement.

If we really do have the best pvp team then we can really do better im "hoping" See you at the con guys...

Edited by hargrave

i did why im posting this. I doubt they will be wookies in the legacy thing would make it better but i doubt it.

I have feeling the legacy system is just gonna be were able to play the races we cant on the opposite side. Would be ok but i dont see that solving the balance much maybe a little but not much really well see i guess

Edited by hargrave