Keyboard Turners/Clickers

Dimgick

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is becuse most of them did come from other games and not from wow were you got more or less forced in to bindings if you wanted to compeat in the arena.

Hmmm funny all I needed was a dk in my arena team. We only sometimes lost vs a dk in the other team lol sinse I was a priest

Edited by pavelmatejka

well... autofacing for casters is a HUGE help. I still dont get why they introduced it. I'm a big noob but still autofacing make me sad :(

Plus, in others MMO casters need to kite a lot more. In SWTOR you can just tank 1 melee, autoface helps (as i said) plus the interrupts only works on 1 ability. So you can get silenced and start to cast another thing. On my mad sorc usually i start to cast lightning strike, get interrupted and then go with full force lighitng with autoface!!! lulz

Plus backpaddling in this game is a lot more faster than in other games. Sure its still slower than strafing, but is not SO slow.

With my operative is always great fun fighting some backpaddler ranged :)

I have over 50 keybinds.

I even keybind my fleet pass.

I swear, half my ability in PvP just comes from the fact that my control scheme is so nicely put together for how my hand sits.

Serious question here... how do you keep up with all those binds?

Thanks, that's pretty impressive. Maybe I need to take the memory vitamins. :D I probably use 15 binds at most.

Well, start with 15, then move up.

That's how I started in WoW years ago. I was a straight up clicker.

Then I bound a few things here and there.

Then it sort of became an addiction for me. I was constantly tweaking my key set up just to find new keybinds I never thought off.

Then, one day, I moved all my movement keys to my five button mouse, which opened up a whole lot of keyboard space.

And now I sit here today with 50+ keybinds and since I generally had a "binding strategy" that's universal across all MMOs (for example, E is ALWAYS my spamable damage move. S is ALWAYS spell counter) so even when I move from one MMO to another, my muscle memory remains constant.

Edited by Yfelsung

Serious question here... how do you keep up with all those binds?

Muscle memory, once you get use to so many binds its a walk in the park. Macros would help cut them back though since you wouldn't need a bind for every single thing you have, IE 2 relics, adrenal, CD ect.

I clicked my way to Battlemaster without any problems whatsoever. And that's without abusing Ilum. If I ever felt that clicking was putting me at a serious disadvantage, I'd rethink my strategy... But as long as I kick 99% of people's asses, I don't see any reason to.

Simple as that...

You don't see any reason to, cause this games competitiveness is nothing. Its very relaxed. Sorry, but battlemaster means nothing. Grats you can grind.

I simple just don't get why, people don't want to better themselves, and be ahead of the game and be a better player. Yeah, maybe clicking works for you in the mean time. Wait till Rated WZs come out, and; 1. no one will take due to lack of skill 2. you wont have the edge over the player who does not keyboard turn.

My guess is that this game has attracted a fair amount of people trying out an MMO for the 1st time due the RPG. They are understandably behind the learning curve. It doesn't bother me at all b/c I also like to take advantage of it. I'm much more concerned with the newbies not knowing the basic rules of the WZ.

If SWTOR get 5000000 new people to the game pretty sure atlest 70% of them will start the first years by clicking in the screen.It's a learning curve.You were all new to mmo gaming one time. And there is nothing more sad then players flaming someone that is new to something because they are doing something the "wrong" way when they dont know better, actually that know it all attitude is really patetic.I'm talking in general.

Didnt you know, most of these L33tz snobs came out from under the rock that hatched them with the mad skillz that they now flaunt, none of them had to actually learn their "skill"

I never said it bothers me. This is not flaming or trolling, I'm seriously amazed at the amount of clicking/keyboard turning and, additionally, as mentioned above, back-peddling in this game.

I'm not telling you to play in a way that you don't prefer. It's just that I have, over the course of hundreds of war zones, witnessed more of it in this game than in any other pvp throughout 3-4 other mmos.

I believe the mechanics of this game such as autofacing and the nature of the gcd tend to promote this method, or at least give some leniency to the downsides of it. I'm wondering what others think.

I do want a cookie though.

As a caster, with auto face, very little penalty for keyboard turning. That's probably why you see so much of it.

You don't see any reason to, cause this games competitiveness is nothing. Its very relaxed. Sorry, but battlemaster means nothing. Grats you can grind.

I simple just don't get why, people don't want to better themselves, and be ahead of the game and be a better player. Yeah, maybe clicking works for you in the mean time. Wait till Rated WZs come out, and; 1. no one will take due to lack of skill 2. you wont have the edge over the player who does not keyboard turn.

Some ppl play the game casually as a fun stress reducer to take the edge off of their day and relax, being number one isnt their main goal...its a game ppl, not a job.

I used to be a heavy Clicker but rarely keyboard turn(Strafe and moving forward is all I do). Got my Razer Naga a few months ago and eliminated clicking almost altogether(Just need to get used to setting up more hotkeys).

Been doing WZs in my PvE gear and ding only 0-3 times on average as a Healer with 200k-300k Healing done for most games. Am I squishy? Yes at times I am but when a terrible OPs tries to kill me I just toy with him for a while.

I noticed he; keyboard turns and kept trying to get behind me so I would use walls and when wasn't fully Immobilized. I would spin around each time while he tried to position himself behind me. He also used his stuns at the wrong time giving me the jump on him with Force Stun giving me the Chance to throw a 4k Crit onto myself before he tried getting behind me again.

The point of my post, I couldn't even react this fast with a normal mouse and i've adapted to better ways and survive much better even without PvP gear. :)

I used to be a heavy Clicker but rarely keyboard turn(Strafe and moving forward is all I do). Got my Razer Naga a few months ago and eliminated clicking almost altogether(Just need to get used to setting up more hotkeys).

Been doing WZs in my PvE gear and ding only 0-3 times on average as a Healer with 200k-300k Healing done for most games. Am I squishy? Yes at times I am but when a terrible OPs tries to kill me I just toy with him for a while.

I noticed he; keyboard turns and kept trying to get behind me so I would use walls and when wasn't fully Immobilized. I would spin around each time while he tried to position himself behind me. He also used his stuns at the wrong time giving me the jump on him with Force Stun giving me the Chance to throw a 4k Crit onto myself before he tried getting behind me again.

The point of my post, I couldn't even react this fast with a normal mouse and i've adapted to better ways and survive much better even without PvP gear. :)

Well and good, and I too have worked in some keybinds, but I know ppl who have smaller hands and have trouble with keyboard binds as their hands only stretch to so many keys comfortably, the Razer Naga is a great tool for fixing this but at nearly $80 cost.

As recent as a year ago I was a heavy clicker. It was frustrating as hell dying a lot because I knew deep down I was a second or two behind. I decided to buy the G13 advanced gameboard and it effectively put an end to my clicking days for the most part. Best pc gaming purchase I ever made. The only problem with it was the joystick didnt feel natural so I sawed off the top of a PS3 controller and superglued it to the top of the joystick. problem solved. everything feels so natural now for movement since Im used to the feel of the ps3 controller. I still click a few abilities here and there but ive come along way. With this nifty little device Ive got about 16 abilities bound to my g13 and mouse! It can be done and there is hope. Ive experienced both playing styles and the bottom line is youre putting yourself at a disadvantage when you keyboard turn. Edited by Rehme

Why are there so many keyboard turners and clickers in this game?

I started with computers in 1976 before the freaking mouse was invented.

Everything was on paper and only the real expensive systems had screens.

So mouse turning started in games 17 years after I started using computers.

Being young means not knowing many things and it always shows.