Look at range classes, and compare

Mamm

Sorc: Nice damage, absorb shield with low cd, force run, stun, interrupt, knockback, roots, snare, instant immobilize skill and nice heal in dps spec.

Sniper: Big damage, absorb shield with cure effect + some absorb thing when he enter cover, covers (immune to interrupt, to force leap, and 20 sec immune for everything CC every minute), snare, root, knockback, close range stun, aoe immobilize

Now look at mercenary: Big damage (Not bigger then sniper, srsly pretty same) most crap defense shield, range stun, knockback with low cd and immobilize with unreal cast time, and that all what have mercenary..

Why you still whine about tracer missiles? Mercenary have NOTHING for runaway from enemy, or reach enemy, he cant interrupt healers, merc can only stay and damage.

I don't say mercenaries is bad class, i have top damage every match (i think only because snipers have very low population) and i like play it, BUT STOP WHINE, MERCENARY NOT NEED NERF.

P.S. only what i want to merc, its some escape ability, like force run (we have jetpack's and don't really use it, lol) or jump to friend targets..

P.S. sorry for my English.

Edited by Mamm

Sniper: Big damage, absorb shield with cure effect + some absorb thing when he enter cover, covers (immune to interrupt, to force leap, and 20 sec interrupt for everything CC every minute), snare, root, knockback, close range stun, aoe immobilize

Now look at mercenary: Big damage (Not bigger then sniper, srsly pretty same) most crap defense shield, range stun, knockback with low cd and immobilize with unreal cast time, and that all what have mercenary..

Why you still whine about tracer missiles? Mercenary have NOTHING for runaway from enemy, or reach enemy, he cant interrupt healers, merc can only stay and damage.

i'm not whining about tracer missiles, simply a comment on your comparisons:

bh

- 35% passive armor pierce on ALL attacks (55% total armor penetration with full tracer stack),

- all damage dealt is tech damage which is not affected by deflect/avoidance,

- self heals, heavy armor

- cover only absorbs 20% damage from ranged attacks from snipers, does not mean anything to force or tech attacks (everyone else)

sniper

- 20% passive armor pierce on 1 attack, 40% total armor penetration on that 1 shot if use shatter shot before hand),

- all damage (except basic attack) is ranged damage which means it is mitigated by armor, avoidance, deflect;

- no self heals, medium armor

- 20 sec interrupt!??!!? it's 4s only

- snipers don't have a snare

in a balanced world, your increased survivability should mean that your dps should be less than ours, not true!

devs please change our attacks from ranged to tech for equal footing with bh dps!

oh and fix the bug where roots prevent us from entering cover!

thanks!

tracer missile

tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile tracer missile

i'm not whining about tracer missiles, simply a comment on your comparisons:

bh

- 35% passive armor pierce on ALL attacks (55% total armor penetration with full tracer stack),

- all damage dealt is tech damage which is not affected by deflect/avoidance,

- self heals, heavy armor

1. To tanks damage damn low and snipers have armor pen. too. (3500 max tracer crit to sorc with 600 exp, 2k to tanks)

2. Important part of merc damage - Rail shot and Unload can be avoided or deflected

3. Self heal in battle - overheat and stop damage for long time, heavy armor don't really get any real defense.

- 20 sec interrupt!??!!? it's 4s only

blah, i want say 20 sec immune to all CC with 1 min cooldown. And merc is only 1 class who have no interrupt

Edited by Mamm

1. To tanks damage damn low and snipers have armor pen. too. (3500 max tracer crit to sorc with 600 exp, 2k to tanks)

2. Important part of merc damage - Rail shot and Unload can be avoided or deflected

3. Self heal in battle - overheat and stop damage for long time, heavy armor don't really get any real defense.

blah, i want say 20 sec immune to all CC with 1 min cooldown.

snipers hit tanks with even less damage than you do... due to the fact, you have tech, we have ranged...

we are limited to attack targets with light/medium armor as that is our role...

so you are preaching to the choir already regarding trying to kill tanks...

Pyrotech is simply better than Arsenal...

it has more front loaded single target burst (20k+ dmg in 10 seconds with dots/procs/crits is very doable)

it moves while doing 80% of its damage (unload is the only single target skill you need to sit still for)

it has significant DOT dmg (stealther/runner killers)

it has a useable snare

is has *better AOE* (targets take more dmg while burning, tick dmg increased)

its better against melee

it ignores interrupts (no skill int he attack chain is used twice in a row)

finally...and this one cracks me up every time someone complains about tracer..

BH/Merc/Pyro normal attack"Rapid shots" with combustable gas cylinder deals more damage than tracer (1k with 1.15k dot), can be shot while moving and doesnt use any heat.... but every BH knows Tracer doesnt do much dmg, it just sets up the skills which DO.

Edited by blackadda

it has more front loaded single target burst (20k dmg in 10 seconds with dots/procs/crits is very doable)

it moves while doing 80% of its damage (unload is the only single target skill you need to sit still for)

it has a useable snare

its better against melee

BH/Merc normal attack"Rapid shots" with combustable gas cylinder deals more damage than tracer, can be shot while moving and doesnt use any heat.... but every BH knows Tracer doesnt do much dmg, it just sets up the skills which DO.

I play pyro a lot of time, but in arsenal i can do more damage + knockback with 15 sec cd is pretty awesome. I will back to pyro if BW change Detonator mechanique or increase damage.. Its just stupid, when grenade with few sec activation time and 15 sec cooldown damage less 1 tracer missile crit

+Powetech Pyro more better then Merc Pyro, and its sad

Edited by Mamm

it has more front loaded single target burst (20k+ dmg in 10 seconds with dots/procs/crits is very doable)

it has a useable snare

its better against melee

it ignores interrupts (no skill int he attack chain is used twice in a row)

BH/Merc/Pyro normal attack"Rapid shots" with combustable gas cylinder deals more damage than tracer (1k with 1.15k dot), can be shot while moving and doesnt use any heat.... but every BH knows Tracer doesnt do much dmg, it just sets up the skills which DO.

dunno what you're smoking, but pyrotech is horrible for merc.

you will do more damage just spamming powershot.

Edited by zeroburrito

blah, i want say 20 sec immune to all CC with 1 min cooldown. And merc is only 1 class who have no interrupt

our interrupt prevents you from using ability for 4 sec, but it also comes with a 12 sec cooldown...

i've fought bh's in wz's who i interrupted, but were able to spam their tracer almost immediately anyways, if i want to prevent that i have to either get out of LOS or blow the rest of my cooldowns (1min) to waste my aoe blind to stop tracer again... (i don't want to do that personally because i like to use it as an aoe rather than on just 1 person)

our stun is only 4m range so i have to also run up to you if i want to use that (30s cooldown in my spec, 45s normal)...

if you want to up your dps even more by allowing you to spam tracer, the devs should nerf your survivability then as a balance...

or just give us tech damage so we'll be in the same boat as you! :D

I play pyro a lot of time, but in arsenal i can do more damage + knockback with 15 sec cd is pretty awesome. I will back to pyro if BW change Detonator mechanique or increase damage.. Its just stupid, when grenade with few sec activation time and 15 sec cooldown damage less 1 tracer missile crit

My thermal Det sometimes hits for 5k on crits at present... (usually around 4.4)

It does so *during* a 4k rail/7.5kunload/4k rail chain....so its utterly lethal due to the delayed timing making all that damage stack into one nasty 6 second burst....

Thats not even counting the triple DOT stack you setup when the fight begins., which also adds 1.5k/sec

Thats part of the fun playing pyro, the 1st 3 seconds are painless enough, the next 6 are pure hell... most targets dont realise they are in trouble till its too late ;)

Arsenal , on average takes about 3 seconds longer to build up to a killing burst... 3 seconds is a long time in pvp ;)

My thermal Det sometimes hits for 5k on crits at present... (usually around 4.4)

It does so *during* a 4k rail/7.5kunload/4k rail chain....so its utterly lethal due to the delayed timing making all that damage stack into one nasty 6 second burst....

Thats not even counting the triple DOT stack you setup when the fight begins., which also adds 1.5k/sec

Thats part of the fun playing pyro, the 1st 3 seconds are painless enough, the next 6 are pure hell... most targets dont realise they are in trouble till its too late ;)

Arsenal , on average takes about 3 seconds longer to build up to a killing burst... 3 seconds is a long time in pvp ;)

I have mh BM gun, 2 BM pieces, but my damage low and crap in both builds :/

dunno what you're smoking, but pyrotech is horrible for merc.

you will do more damage just spamming powershot.

Keep on saying that... ill keep on killin with it...

You'll keep spamming tracers and being owned by melee of all kinds cos you cant fight back while moving, even bad ones know to use interrupt, which renders your attack chain useless.

Pyro > Arsenal

p.s only an idiot would use powershot... excessive heat cost per dmg, cant be used while movin, interruptable.... nuff said

Sorc: Nice damage, absorb shield with low cd, force run, stun, interrupt, knockback, roots, snare, instant immobilize skill and nice heal in dps spec.

Sniper: Big damage, absorb shield with cure effect + some absorb thing when he enter cover, covers (immune to interrupt, to force leap, and 20 sec immune for everything CC every minute), snare, root, knockback, close range stun, aoe immobilize

I don't say mercenaries is bad class, i have top damage every match (i think only because snipers have very low population) and i like play it, BUT STOP WHINE, MERCENARY NOT NEED NERF.

P.S. only what i want to merc, its some escape ability, like force run (we have jetpack's and don't really use it, lol) or jump to friend targets..

P.S. sorry for my English.

Interesting post, but would seriously disagree that a DPS spec sage/sorc has "nice heals" in PVP. In some cases we can throw some heals on someone but given any pressure we can't even heal ourselves without running away or otherwise halting a fight, let alone healing anyone else.

Keep on saying that... ill keep on killin with it...

You'll keep spamming tracers and being owned by melee of all kinds cos you cant fight back while moving, even bad ones know to use interrupt, which renders your attack chain useless.

Pyro > Arsenal

p.s only an idiot would use powershot... excessive heat cost per dmg, cant be used while movin, interruptable.... nuff said

i'm hybrid, so i have no problem with melee.

full arsenal is also bad, but it does more damage than pyro. thermal det crits are nice, but the rail shot is weak and so is hammer shots.

Edited by zeroburrito