The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Poorest "high quality" service

Metsuro

but looking at the server list there is not 1 server that is high all of them are low to med. they need to allow the servers to get to high IMO

You're one of those people that pushes the pedal to the floor rather than just gradually accelerating, huh?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had bothered to read the updates from the devs you would know why they didn't pre schedule when people would get in.

And that right there is a problem. Its unprofessional and they should have known that it would have caused a degrading of services because people weren't given enough information other than "show up and wait to see if you got in." and if you don't get in the first wave? "Wait all day, cause we wont tell you we are shooting for a wave an hour or only one wave very 6"

Its a poor business model they are using. I'm not upset I didn't get in. I'm upset my friend who preorderd 2 hours ago can't enter his code at all

No I understand just fine. But if you knew 2 days ago your "slotted" time to get in was wenday when you be here today with the THOUSANDS of others waiting for information and updates?

No you wouldn't have you'd have been waiting cause you knew when you were roughly getting in. That wasn't the case they said... Uh everyone just show up tuesday... and wait and see. This causes congestion on the servers and made me wait in an endless loop for 5-10 minutes just to sign in and update information.

Thats not a "high quality" service, this is unprofessional by every means.

If you do staggering invitations thats fine, But do it correctly so we dont have this problem for people who just preordered today and cant even enter the code due to the website being flooded.

Trying to second-guess an enormously complex design system and launch pattern would be hugely unprofessional, if you were a professional, which you probably aren't.

Trying to second-guess an enormously complex design system and launch pattern would be hugely unprofessional, if you were a professional, which you probably aren't.

Trying to second-guess an poorly designed simple launch pattern is very easy. Any business man would have told you looking at this plan something isn't right.

Tell thousands if not a hundred thousand people to jam your servers all at once for information is a no no. Specially when you don't know what its going to do.

You don't just say oh lets just see how it goes, they had to do research and marketing to see if this plan would be viable. But they didn't think it through enough. Why most other MMOS don't do this is because, its bad.

Staggering is fine, if you let them know when your getting in or a rough time frame. This makes it so people are waiting taking up more resources than what is needed.

Originally Posted by Metsuro

Should have told people before today when they got in, so you wouldn't have them all flood the website. Great job failing at the start.

and then people would be complainging that they cant logg in at the time they where told because something went wrong.

YOU CANNOT PREDECT HOW LAUNCHES GO! this is why bioware has chosen this system.. They will let more people in when THEY feel its safe to do so.

As long as you get in on the 19th you have no reason whatsoever to come here complaining.

and then people would be complainging that they cant logg in at the time they where told because something went wrong.

YOU CANNOT PREDECT HOW LAUNCHES GO! this is why bioware has chosen this system.. They will let more people in when THEY feel its safe to do so.

As long as you get in on the 19th you have no reason whatsoever to come here complaining.

This is incorrect. You than get to say "We said you might get in during this time, but we are having problems we are trying to get you in as soon as possible."

Thats customer service, thats high quality.

Trying to second-guess an poorly designed simple launch pattern is very easy. Any business man would have told you looking at this plan something isn't right.

Tell thousands if not a hundred thousand people to jam your servers all at once for information is a no no. Specially when you don't know what its going to do.

You don't just say oh lets just see how it goes, they had to do research and marketing to see if this plan would be viable. But they didn't think it through enough. Why most other MMOS don't do this is because, its bad.

Staggering is fine, if you let them know when your getting in or a rough time frame. This makes it so people are waiting taking up more resources than what is needed.

This is why the whole stagger issue is going to blow up in there faces, even though people will settle down about it eventually. especially once someone links a screenshot showing they entered a pre-order code in november and got early access today.

i expect the backlash is going to get much worse over the next 24 hours, and some people will get pissed off big time once they get shafted, or somehow left out even though they show a pre-order code date of july 21st or 22nd.

This is why the whole stagger issue is going to blow up in there faces, even though people will settle down about it eventually. especially once someone links a screenshot showing they entered a pre-order code in november and got early access today.

i expect the backlash is going to get much worse over the next 24 hours, and some people will get pissed off big time once they get shafted, or somehow left out even though they show a pre-order code date of july 21st or 22nd.

This is my point, customer service isn't how you give the customer services. Its how the customer preceives the way the got service.

Right now people have no information they are in the dark. They are feeling cheated and ignored. This isn't good for any company. If they gave time frames people might be upset they didn't make them, but they are ok they know the companies trying to keep them in the loop and that the customer matters.

Right now they are saying the customer doesn't matter and to go kick rocks until your name is called.

Should have told people before today when they got in, so you wouldn't have them all flood the website. Great job failing at the start.

I wouldn't say that. This forum only started today as they purged the other forum and thankfully got rid of the crap threads. But I'm seeing Early Access as just more BETA to make sure the servers don't fall over on main release. So although disappoint as haven't got an e-mail yet (and in no way am I defending BIOWARE) but still not gonna go mental at them over it. What will be annoying though is if people who were main streamers but pre-ordered late got in. Because that's on the brink of taking a back hander, as in streamers get in earlier if they give good reviews (but pretty sure that's not happened).

And that right there is a problem. Its unprofessional and they should have known that it would have caused a degrading of services because people weren't given enough information other than "show up and wait to see if you got in." and if you don't get in the first wave? "Wait all day, cause we wont tell you we are shooting for a wave an hour or only one wave very 6"

Its a poor business model they are using. I'm not upset I didn't get in. I'm upset my friend who preorderd 2 hours ago can't enter his code at all

dude just calm down. I get it...it sucks to not be able to play RIGHT now. But thats the breaks man. Just relax you'll get to play soon enough. Be happy with any pre access. this isn't a right its a gift mate

Is this the customer service complaint thread?

Well... I've had a tier 3 tech ticket open for over a week now, so ya... their "Customer Service Fu" is weak.

My 2 year old could beat them up.

you do know they are prolly swamped with CS problems. I did iTunes CS a year ago when they were so many emails. It took a week to respond to an email sent a week prior. When Big things are release CS gets slammed.

Is this the customer service complaint thread?

Well... I've had a tier 3 tech ticket open for over a week now, so ya... their "Customer Service Fu" is weak.

My 2 year old could beat them up.

Lol. It happens when you know nothing about mmo's and ignore every other mmo ever done in history.

See thats the thing, they didnt ask you to show up and wait, they told you to check your email. So now because you cant follow directions you come here and start blasting?

Why the complaining? The release date isn't even until the 20th, regardless of the hope of attaining earlier access. Anything extra is exactly that: extra. A bonus. And honestly, with all the hype going on with this game, it might just be an amazing thing that the forum is even available. What's interesting is that the service isn't so bad, though, that the OP can't entertain this thread of complaint.