People abusing the Warzone exploit need to be banned!

Elarion

BW has mentioned many times the level of metrics they have for this game and I honestly believe that when the exploit allowing more players into WZ is fixed, those who did the most abusing should be permanately banned. I'm not talking about the people who did it once to see if it works or those who have been in a team with more players than it should have (that would probably be everyone). There are some people who group up and exploit all day and a slap on the wrist by giving them a temporary ban or a valor wipe would be pretty poor form IMO.

Many of us have put up with this behavior for way too long and the only justifiable solution for such extreme exploiting is permanately banning accounts. Really love to hear back from someone at BW with there thoughts on this.

BW has mentioned many times the level of metrics they have for this game and I honestly believe that when the exploit allowing more players into WZ is fixed, those who did the most abusing should be permanately banned. I'm not talking about the people who did it once to see if it works or those who have been in a team with more players than it should have (that would probably be everyone). There are some people who group up and exploit all day and a slap on the wrist by giving them a temporary ban or a valor wipe would be pretty poor form IMO.

Many of us have put up with this behavior for way too long and the only justifiable solution for such extreme exploiting is permanately banning accounts. Really love to hear back from someone at BW with there thoughts on this.

You put up with it....no need for Bio to do anything.

They should fix the exploit. Banning people won't help it much and is kinda dumb, since it's BWs fault that the expoit exists.

It's BWs fault that it exists but it's the players whom decide to use the exploit over and over that are ruining PVP at the moment. Banning does help as it sends a clear message that exploiting won't be tolerated.

You put up with it....no need for Bio to do anything.

So if a ATM was malfunctioning, and instead of giving 20's it was giving 100's it is ok to pull out a hundred, knowing you will get five hundred instead... after all it is the banks fault?

Would you get mad when the bank corrects the balance of your account to reflect the 500 dollars instead of the 100 withdrawn...

Or if you had a 1000 in your account so you pulled it all out gained 5000, then deposited and pulled it out again until you were filling a bag with money? Would you be mad when the bank charged you with grand theft?

Sometimes things do not work as intended and the onus of repairing that mistake is on the developer/owner, HOWEVER it is the responsibility of the End User to not exploit or cause harm due to the unintended results of a malfunction or bug. The individual is liable for his or her own actions, and when one knowingly breaks the rules, (It is a rule to not exploit...) then their should be consequences.

That being said, should it be a perma ban? No, there are far worse cases of cheating where people are actually modifying the game to get what they want out of warzones, and they should be the ones banned, the extra team mates exploit probably deserves a short suspension and maybe a valor roll back. (I have played against two teams that did it, resulting in a Void Star match being 12 v 6... and my 6 man Imperial team STILL managed to get the core in just over a 1:30...)

Edited by NemoSD

BW policy is to warn, hand out temp bans or permanent bans to those that knowingly exploited something ingame. Their actions against the players concerned are based on the severity of the exploit and how many times it was done. Edited by Runeshard

So if a ATM was malfunctioning, and instead of giving 20's it was giving 100's it is ok to pull out a hundred, knowing you will get five hundred instead... after all it is the banks fault?

Would you get mad when the bank corrects the balance of your account to reflect the 500 dollars instead of the 100 withdrawn...

Or if you had a 1000 in your account so you pulled it all out gained 5000, then deposited and pulled it out again until you were filling a bag with money? Would you be mad when the bank charged you with grand theft?

Sometimes things do not work as intended and the onus of repairing that mistake is on the developer/owner, HOWEVER it is the responsibility of the End User to not exploit or cause harm due to the unintended results of a malfunction or bug. The individual is liable for his or her own actions, and when one knowingly breaks the rules, (It is a rule to not exploit...) then their should be consequences.

That being said, should it be a perma ban? No, there are far worse cases of cheating where people are actually modifying the game to get what they want out of warzones, and they should be the ones banned, the extra team mates exploit probably deserves a short suspension and maybe a valor roll back. (I have played against two teams that did it, resulting in a Void Star match being 12 v 6... and my 6 man Imperial team STILL managed to get the core in just over a 1:30...)

Well said. I still lean towards a permanent ban though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.