please recommend some books

CaffeineBuzz

Just finished Apocalypse also, was overall a solid series. Leaves a bigger to be continued feeling more than any other series of books I've ever read before though. Just gives me hope that they have plans for another good series after.

Even though its not one of my favorites I have to suggest you read the Jedi Academy series. After the Thrawn series this one helps setup the future of the EU. I'd then recommend some of the single books like Truce at Bakura, Courtship of Princess Leia, and Darksaber to get a good feel of things. NJO can be daunting to finish. I've read probably 90% of ALL SW books and comics and it still took me a few years to get through them all taking some long breaks in between. Legacy and Fate are faster reads.

the Bane trilogy is awesome

the han solo trilogy is also a great read gets you more into the star wars other then the force and jedis

I skipped a lot of book and read the Legacy of the Force series 9 books in total they are all great and really expands on everyone.

I really want to read the Corellian trilogy but haven't got to it yet

I am currently reading Fate of the jedi it take places 2 years after the end of lotF series

I actually really disliked that novel, I did enjoy Deceive though.

I'm the opposite of you, I suppose. :p I actually enjoyed the Revan novel well enough. Deceived I felt was rather bland in it's story telling and didn't get me to care enough about the characters. I could understand where the story and the characters were coming from, but I just didn't care enough about them. Don't get me wrong, though, I wasn't a huge fan of the story told with the Revan novel, but I am a fan of Drew Karpyshyn's writing style.

Most of the Star Wars novels are pretty atrocious as science fiction (note: this did not stop me from reading them), but there are a few gems here and there.

Some of my favorites:

Darth Bane trilogy (a real treat as an antihero)

Thrawn Trilogy

Shatterpoint (best stand alone novel)

X-Wing Series (if you like this, continue with Wraith Squadron)

Rogue Planet (oh the spoilers for NJO...)

Courtship of Princess Leia (all you favorite characters from OT)

I'm probably forgetting a few since it's been a while, but those are most of the standouts. Most of the others are fun to read for info on characters/universe, but really aren't good literature.