The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hardest 1v1?

NrOneHero

The marauder is a very potent class.

They have at least 3 very bad tricks :

a vanish, a good bubble and a nearly invulnerability skill.

Each of the 3 specs has its own pro and cons.

The Annih spec (aka dot / big single strike) is very good in 1vs1

* they need the dots and annihilate which have 15sec and 12sec CDs - so it's not the best for them to change their target

* they are the slower of the 3 specs. they lack the second leap skill and the speed boost of Aturu form. But they still have a leap, a boost speed for 30 fury and the vanish (+30% speed)

* they need a lot of rage for annih - keep in mind that a marauder has to be in melee to build up his rage.

My advice : avoid contact as much as possible, force them to switch target and / or focus fire them.

The carnage spec hits fast and hard, is faster and has more controls. For tanky soldier their abilty to ignore 100% of armor for 6 sec can be nasty.

I don't see many tricks here but to interupt saccage as fast as possible (the 2 first tick are almost instant)

Maybe look after their Gore buff (ignore armor) to use a CC

The Rage spec has lost power with the surge nerf but it still hits hard.

Most of its burst is based on smash and smash is bugged, it lands where the abilty has been triggered not at the end of the annimation. It means that a snared marauder fighting a moving target will probably waste it.

The vangard lacks a knockbad to be very efficient here. But alway be on the move can help (as well as the talent for 2sec snare)

Edited by Hyrune

In my case I'm a lvl 37 Vangaurd Shield Spec. But as I was saying I think my main problem is I don't have a good rotation mastered yet.

IN theory from what i've read on other threads a good Vangaurd, even shield spec not DPS, rotation should make Sorcs no problem. So in my case it's more player problem than class.

As an Iron fist, which is mostly shield spec, I can kill non healer sorcs in 5-6 attacks easily, every single time. The healer ones I can kill, but it takes longer. They never kill me in a 1vs1 however. Even the healers are so focused on staying alive they have no chance to attack me back.

I would say Marauders are the toughest, simply because they can do some good burst and if I don't time my skills right, I end up taking a lot of the damage. I rarely run into one that is any trouble for me however.

Assassins are cake. I had one attack me after I won another 1vs1, when I had 4k health left and no cooldowns remaining. He got me down to 500 health before I killed him, meaning I took away 14k health from him before he could do 3600 to me. I only ever have good fights against them if they are tank spec and kite me a bit. Even then I can limit them by using charge and harpoon to keep them close enough for my SS and Ion.

Marauders are getting worse and worse, and their numbers are increasing rapidly on my server. Most of them are still learning, but good ones are just insane.

Last time I met a good one, even with bubble all my cds and relic popped and WZ Expertise buff picked up, he dropped me from full health to 0 in about 12s while keeping more than 80% after eating up my assault rotation. I was out of his melee range for more than half of that fight.

I am in full champion armor and he isn't battlemaster yet, I am sure.

No other class in the game makes me feel really outmatched.

They have massive arsenal of tricks to stay in range. Stun on jump, Force choke, Obliterate short range jump, speed buffs and absolutely ridiculous dots..they just need to stay in touch for 3 gcds and I can say goodbye to more than half of my HP.

If I manage to get through their initial leaps and cds and kite them in our sweetspot range, I can manage, but then they pop Force Camouflage to disrupt my range and they will be in Force Leap range or in melee range.

And that 6s immortality bubble right at the end, that's the final kick in the nuts. But I guess the solution for that is to save Cryo for that or kill them with a burst while they still think they are in comfort range.

I am thinking about rolling one and seeing how the class works to learn all its cds and tactics...

edit: Looking at their dynamic (Annihilation marauders seem to be most depressing), I am thinking about following tips:

- grapple before he can force charge (prevents him to generate rage), if I know he is going after me.

- Degauss to remove Force Charge root, start running and snare him. If HTL, now is the good time to use it.

- keep CC break for Force Choke to avoid wasting HTL. Eating Berserked dots + force choke = hell.

- stay in 5-10m range.

- Keep Cryo grenade in reserve for his imba immortality bubble.

- watch out for Force Camouflage.

- pray and hope someone listens. Ideally a healer on your team...

I suspect you mean Annihilation Marauders are everyone's problem 1v1, and they can charge at 0 range or 5 m (everyone picks at least 1 point in the talent to reduce charge min range).

They are built better than any stealther as far as survability, burst and toolset. I rerolled to one on empire from my 50 sorc, and I can pick literally any target in a WZ and kill it unless is guarded and focus healed, and make it out alive.

There is just too much dmg (bacloaded burst, most internal), uptime on target (predation +80% speed pretty much canceling any 50% snare on marauder), great dmg mitigation (-20% dmg taken almost always runing, +50% deflection / parry chance and -25% internal / elemental dmg taken for 12s, dmg reduced by 99% for 6s, force camo 100% dmg immunity and stealth).

I am really looking forward to see how I can tackle them as a Vanguard, probably Assault spec, I think it's doable but an uphill battle - especially in WZs, where a marauder played well will always grab speed / hp restore buffs due to CDs, and be able to 1vs3 without much problems.