Reneget Vause the hole in the plot.

tyranusdarec

Ok so I am told to go to Hoth to get another blacklist bounty. Reneget Vause. I go there, talk to a jawa, and learn of Vause's location. Then I head there. Vause is standing there in front of me. I have him dead to rights... He is mine.... But oh no.... I LET HIM WALK AWAY!!!! WTH!!!!!

I dont get this. Mr Big Man bounty hunter lets Vause walk out.

This is the first big plot hole for this story to me.

Tyr

thats the first meeting, right? arent you being shot at by the dude's goons as he walks out?

if i were a bounty hunter i would fight the goons trying to murder me before trying to tag a bounty that isnt shooting a gun at me.

Ok so I am told to go to Hoth to get another blacklist bounty. Reneget Vause. I go there, talk to a jawa, and learn of Vause's location. Then I head there. Vause is standing there in front of me. I have him dead to rights... He is mine.... But oh no.... I LET HIM WALK AWAY!!!! WTH!!!!!

I dont get this. Mr Big Man bounty hunter lets Vause walk out.

This is the first big plot hole for this story to me.

Tyr

I agree completely. I was like *** when that happened. It's basically like this: you find your mark one of the most elusive beings in the galaxy, a one in a thousand opportunity, you have him at gunpoint.:

Tension rises. You say "You're coming with me Reneget Vause, dead or alive"

And the mark responds "Yeah well, actually you are not worthy enough to fight. I'll just walk away like you are not there. Kill my goons instead."

And you are like "Crap, I'm not worthy to fight you? Damn, now how do I become worthy enough to bring you in. Okey I'll kill your goons and let you go, and then I'll go back to my base and figure out how to become worthy enough to fight you."

What the heck is this, are we white knights all of a sudden having honourable duels? My character should have tossed a thermal detonator to his back as Vause casually walked away.;)

I was similarly annoyed here. If they'd made it look like his goons were putting more pressure on us right away, instead of making it look like we watched Vause walk off, it'd be better.

That's like my only complaint about the storyline so far, though. (Just got to Belsavis.)

Standard, you watch as the whole world crumbles before you, doing nothing, waiting patiently for it to be completely destroyed, and theeen... You jump into action! Yeah! So rad!

It's normal for games, that the hero is standing mindlessly when something is happening, for example, whole squad of soldiers are running to him... from different room... through long, straight corridor... being easy targets to just shoot them, but he let them surround him, point the guns, and then... starts battle and shoots them all... without any talking or cutscene, just starting fight automatically.

There are more, stupidier holes if you ask me, for example, the fact that you must recruit every companion, even if you threaten to shoot him

Like Gault, that is you freaking bounty, and you break the Big Hunt, because you have absolutely no other possibility

BUT, my favorite of them all is this one, on Taris:

When you hunt Torian's father, he lures you to his hunting ground, all this stupid Mandalorian **** you just have to play, no matter how much you don't want.

You get shot at the first thingie you find, ok, maybe you wasn't aware that the guy will snipe you the second you get there, completely suprising... yeah...

After that, like some completely brainless idiot, you get yourself shot THREE more times, and you even don't care about it. Yup, you don't care being shot four times from sniper rifle, by Mandalorian veteran, most dangerous bounty on the black list.

• 12 years later...

I'm at this exact same point in the story and I want to smash my keyboard against the wall.

The story was so good until this part...

And in the previous quest on Quesh, I disarmed and killed a padawan in front of at least 5 other guys before they could act!!! smh