Low Crit/Surge for Annihilation?

IXBillyXI

Is there another way to get more crit/surge WITHOUT taking out the enhancements of the head/hands and getting the BM implants?

Current stats

http://i.imgur.com/Djlsm.jpg

Bouns Dam: Str 1169 (+233.8%)

---------------Pow 192 (+44.2)

Acc: 264 (+8.33%)

Crit: Str 1169 (+8.15%)

------crit 370 (+12.82%)

Surge: 96 (+16.08%)

Gear:

Centurion -> Legs, Feet, Wrist, 1 Implant

Rest Champion Gear

Edited by IXBillyXI

Yeah, removing out the mods from PvE items.

Best implants in my opinion are the crafted ones with an augment slot.

But you'd lose the +Expertise, wouldn't you? I'm not sure if there's Expertise augments or not, but I haven't seen any.

It's really hard to justify losing that even for 1-2 augment slots.

But you'd lose the +Expertise, wouldn't you? I'm not sure if there's Expertise augments or not, but I haven't seen any.

It's really hard to justify losing that even for 1-2 augment slots.

Expertise has terrible DR. Endurance scales the best if you are looking for tradeoffs and mixing in high end PVE gear is definitely worth it at high gear levels. Once you hit 9.5-10% expertise it scales terribly compared to endurance and your strength. I would even argue at high gear levels endurance is the best stat, even possibly over strength (think about how much harder you are actually going to hit with 25strenght compared to the health gains from 25 endurance) because it gives you way more HP and survivability than 1% dmg reduction from the expertise you would lose.

Expertise has terrible DR. Endurance scales the best if you are looking for tradeoffs and mixing in high end PVE gear is definitely worth it at high gear levels. Once you hit 9.5-10% expertise it scales terribly compared to endurance and your strength. I would even argue at high gear levels endurance is the best stat, even possibly over strength (think about how much harder you are actually going to hit with 25strenght compared to the health gains from 25 endurance) because it gives you way more HP and survivability than 1% dmg reduction from the expertise you would lose.

Lets do the math, shall we?

I'm in full BM (one pvp relic). 12.11% expertise. Now, I've done a bit of remodding on the gear, so here's the main stats: (fully buffed, it's how I logged in and it's the most relevant as well)

16927 Health

400.9 Bonus damage, 707-860 primary

Swapping between Battlemaster Vest and Rakata Vest, I gain 21 Strength, 26 Endurance, 37 crit at the cost of 50 expertise, 34 power (I'll factor this in, no worries). I'll ignore the crit. Both have the 56 crit/surge enhancement, but have different Mods. The Battlemaster actually is at a disadvantage here because I put the rating 56 45/27/34 power mod into it.

With 16297 health and 12.11% expertise, that's 18976.86 effective health against a 0 Expertise target. My primary damage is 792.6-964.14 in the same situation.

Now, quick math here, power is a flat 0.23 damage per point, so 34 power = 7.82, so we can revise those damage numbers real fast- 783.6-955.2 after expertise (subtraction done before expertise multiplication)

Now, swapping on my rakata vest:

17200 (seriously) health

703-856 primary before expertise

11.53% expertise

19183 effective health. 784-954.7 effective primary damage against a 0-expertise opponent. A gain of 206 effective health, and .5 damage on primary. Wait, did I just prove your hypothesis? Only if you stop here.

I can't do the math, due to having not a single piece that doesnt alter power going between PvE/PvP, but you can not neglect that every ability has a base damage that IS multiplied by expertise but unaffected by Bonus damage. You also have to remember that if someone has MORE expertise than you, your stats are negatively impacted.

Expertise wins out at full BM gear, it most definitely wins out short of that.