Only a few actual quests

icklejitta

Is it just me or do all the quests consist of...

1. My teams missing/lost/perhaps dead, find out what happened.....

2. These <insert mob name here> are a pain, kill 20 of them.....

3. Collect 20 data pads/boxes/passes etc etc etc for bizare reasons.....

4. Use a computer terminal (or something similar).........

Conclusion......game seems to be the same 4 quests just in different planets for different races in different contexts.

Bring some originality.

*RANT OVER*

Seeking a single target objective.

Kill single\multiple targets.

Collect single\multiple drops.

Use single\multiple objects.

Yup, I'd say they cover pretty much most of the MMORPGs type of quests.

If you find them lacking.. what about some suggestions - what would you add in addition to those?

I have played other MMORPG's and yes I agree they don't have many quest types, however in this game they just seem sooooooo much more tedious & obvious, I can't put my finger on it but theres just something that feels ULTRA linear more so than in other games.

I do like this game and I'm a SW fan.

Maybe as time goes on variety will play a part...we shall see

I have played other MMORPG's and yes I agree they don't have many quest types, however in this game they just seem sooooooo much more tedious & obvious, I can't put my finger on it but theres just something that feels ULTRA linear more so than in other games.

For me, I find the exact opposite experience, and it is due primarily to the otherwise mundane quest variables being wrapped into a story line. Works well for me.

Are you spacebaring through the storylines or something??

im not sure what the op is wanting, if there were hundreds of quests to run over there talk to that guy and run back and talk to this guy over and over and over there would be tons of complaining.

There are only so many ways you can comite genocide you know.

of course there is one alternative way to it that would make alot happy, player bountys.

Edited by Shingara

This is not just MMO's. Every RPG that has a bunch of quests has its share of repetitive quests. Even Skyrim has more than its share of fetch and kill quests. And basically every quest in that game boils down to, "Go into dungeon and find item at the end of dungeon".

They could have been more creative perhaps but Im just glad there are no: kill 200 of these mobs or gathering quests in there.

Its pretty much the environment that makes the quests diverse. Plus I love the occasional class quest instances.

WoW, SWTOR, Skyrim, Aion, Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid, Halo and tons of other games of different genres and stories share the same pick-up-and-kill quests that the OP describes. It is what the game cloaks them in that makes them tolerable or not, and I would say that SWTOR is doing a great job of making them better than any MMO I have seen so far.

Wrapping them into a storyline, especially with voice acting and dialogue options, and adding bonus kill quests of mobs you were going to kill anyway was a pure act of brilliance.

I agree that it would be cool to see something completely new to the entire game world, but there really isn't that much unused material in the world. The only option would be to add mini-games into "use this console"-quests, but then it would be more fitting to a single-player RPG instead.

Edited by Senatsu

Conclusion......game seems to be the same 4 quests just in different planets for different races in different contexts.

Bring some originality.

*RANT OVER*

Those are side quests, and they are like that in EVERY game, you know why? it would cost way too much money to give each side quest their own unique story and it would take too much time, side quests simply exist for the sole purpose of leveling up your character and giving you something to do, the problem with SWTOR is that they tried to give side quests meaning, that didn't work out, you CAN'T give a side quest meaning because of it's nature, there are very few games out there, and i mean very few, you can count them out by hand, that have unique side quests that can rival a main story quest.

Voiced side quests was a waste of money, the money and resources spent on that could have went towards gameplay features that would make this MMO stand tall against it's competition, this isn't a single player game, we don't need some random NPC to tell us to bring him 5 battery parts so he can restore a droid or something, Bioware, if you are going to make an MMO, then make an MMO, not some sort of hybrid, voiced class quests are fine, it's a fantastic idea, but the side quests, seriously, terrible idea.

Edited by PeacefulViolence

Bring some originality.

*RANT OVER*

Not really.. Only the side quests. The main story is what you work through. The other things are just a vehicle for killing mobs to let you gear up. At least in this game you do get a feeling your actions have some purpose.