I am confused about Accuracy and Alacricity for a watchman sentinel

RakeHoxven

Somebody told me not to worry about accuracy because the higher level gear has tons of it. But in PVP I seem to be missing quite a bit and it is annoying. How important is accuracy at level 40 and what can I do to boost it?

Also I am not sure what Alacricity does.

Somebody told me not to worry about accuracy because the higher level gear has tons of it. But in PVP I seem to be missing quite a bit and it is annoying. How important is accuracy at level 40 and what can I do to boost it?

Also I am not sure what Alacricity does.

DOnt know, but full stock Champ gear you get about 105% total accuracy. I myself just replace the accuracy mods with power and what not.

Alacrity is how quickly you cahnnel you abilities. So not to usefull for Sentinels as we only have MS that is a cahnneling ability. The rest will get gimped by GCD.

Also I am not sure what Alacrity does.

Alacrity is not a good stat for Sentinels. Don't worry about it.

Accuracy is a bit more challenging. My feeling is if you have 95-100% Accuracy, you're in a good spot (because that boils down to a 105-110% to hit on Special Attacks. That covers the base chance 5% or 10% chance to hit other classes). Anything over that, I think, is not the best idea. As half have 5% base, you get more bang for your buck getting that than the extra 10%.

It's accuracy for sure til you hit 95% base. Then, I feel your best served by Crit and Surge. I don't know the exact numbers, but the more Crit you have, the more valuable Surge is. So put Crit first as a general rule of thumb.

Edited by McVade

Accuracy improves your to-hit chance, obviously (or reduces your Miss chance, if you prefer). When you have more than 100% Accuracy, the overflow takes away from your target's chance to evade your attack.

Alacrity shortens casting time and channeling time. I stacked it once on my Sentinel to see if it would make Master Strike or Force Hold faster. The change was minimal, and I decided I'd get more benefits from stacking a different stat. Any different stat. lol

I have a question about this. I was looking at my gear last night and noted that a lot of the cent/champ gear has accuracy. My acc is over %100 which to me seems like overcompensating when I wished I had more power.

Question... if I remod my cent gear will I lose the expertise or is it built into the gear or passive on the mods