Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Have the 2011's beat the 2008's???

BOLTgamer

I mean seriously, I have an old account from 2008, anyway, is BioWare listening to these new WoW fans? They shouldn't listen to them, they should be listening to US 2008's because we've been here through it all, we've waited literally about four years for the game, and a couple months before the game is supposed to be released some people from WoW come in and all of a sudden they start listening to them?

I mean seriously, I remeber the old days when us 2008's talked **** bout WoW in the E3 expo or Gamescon threads talkin bout how we never wented cross server pvp or flashpoints. I mean Seriously BioWare, it's your company, you DON'T always have to listen 100% with EA, you can work around it, and that's what good game developers do sometimes.

Wanna add cross server pvp? Sure, but add same server rated pvp only.

Wanna add cross server flashpoints? Well you can do it for normal modes, but not for herorics, cus that **** is just wellfare.

Also, if you ever add an LF operation feature im quiting..........

IT doesnt matter at all when you joined. For me there wasnt a reason to join earlier but im sure that i waited the game as long as many early joiners. And ofc BW listens to WoW people, thats the people they aim for seeing they copied WoW 1 to 1 from start. They aint interested of making 300k sub HC old school MMO. Edited by Forsbacka

Because all of that early feedback helped Bioware so much.....

The diehards who came here because they hated WoW pushed Bioware into decisions that are not good for the long term health of TOR. Things like an adequate group matching utility, customizable UI, dual specs and macros are standard features in a modern MMO. TOR was released with none of these features. Now they have to rush to get them implemented to retain subs. Quality of life features may not make or break a MMO released, but they will make or break a MMO's ability to sustain subscriptions.

IT doesnt matter at all when you joined. For me there wasnt a reason to join earlier but im sure that i waited the game as long as many early joiners. And ofc BW listens to WoW people, thats the people they aim for seeing they copied WoW 1 to 1 from start. They aint interested of making 300k sub HC old school MMO.

This game was different when they started developing, look at the old videos, my friend was in ALPHA, he said it felt different. The overall feel has changed, and yes it does. That's like saying your in line, you've been waiting in line for four years, and some new people just join two months before the train comes and cut you.

Yeah bioware, listen to us cause hatin' wow means we're COOL.

That is pretty much the sum of your argument. You should at least strive to add substance to what you're saying. Run off points as to why it's a bad idea. Just saying it's a bad idea cause "i hate wow" just makes you look really silly. Also join date does not even remotely gauge someone's commitment to the game. I've been following swtor since it was just announced as a then secret collaboration between bw and la. They are implementing these features because many of the players are simply tired of sitting in the fleets lfg. Whether it's because of another game is wholly irrelevant.

Edited by Coiffio

Because all of that early feedback helped Bioware so much.....

The diehards who came here because they hated WoW pushed Bioware into decisions that are not good for the long term health of TOR. Things like an adequate group matching utility, customizable UI, dual specs and macros are standard features in a modern MMO. TOR was released with none of these features. Now they have to rush to get them implemented to retain subs. Quality of life features may not make or break a MMO released, but they will make or break a MMO's ability to sustain subscriptions.

NO, those features are not standard, they are from WoW, does that make it a needed feature? A needed feature is gun. Thats like saying a needed feature in shooters is PERKS just because the biggest shooter MW3 has them.

Yeah bioware, listen to us cause hatin' wow means we're COOL.

That is pretty much the sum of your argument. You should at least strive to add substance to what you're saying. Run off points as to why it's a bad idea. Just saying it's a bad idea cause "i hate wow" just makes you look really silly. Also join date does not even remotely gauge someone's commitment to the game. I've been following swtor since it was just announced as a then secret collaboration between bw and la. They are impleneting these features because many of the players are simply tired of sitting in the fleets lfg. Whether it's because of another game is wholly irrelevant.

You serious? One point was when we said WoW went down the hill, we dont want this game like wow.

This game was different when they started developing, look at the old videos, my friend was in ALPHA, he said it felt different. The overall feel has changed, and yes it does. That's like saying your in line, you've been waiting in line for four years, and some new people just join two months before the train comes and cut you.

OFc they will. EA adn BW is firstly into making money, WoW playerbase is 30 times biger than DaoC and SWG playerbase counted together. Its not a surprise that they will copy every single thing that majority of players want.

You serious? One point was when we said WoW went down the hill, we dont want this game like wow.

Yeah I'm serious, that isn't a point, that is just a generalized opinion, you offer no reasons and no constructive feedback besides "I hate wow" much like I said.

OFc they will. EA adn BW is firstly into making money, WoW playerbase is 30 times biger than DaoC and SWG playerbase counted together. Its not a surprise that they will copy every single thing that majority of players want.

This is where your wrong, most Vanilla WoW's playerbase originated from EQ, which was about 3 times small, now most the playerbase in WoW is filled with new players. I really wanted to love this game, I was against all the haters for four years, I defended this game against people bashing it in early access, but I cant do it no more with this new ****.

Yeah I'm serious, that isn't a point, that is just a generalized opinion, you offer no reasons and no constructive feedback besides "I hate wow" much like I said.

Constructive feedback? This game isn't WoW, it's SWTOR, if you want to play WoW go play it, but dont come here making SWTOR WoW when its not WoW.

I'm a 2008 never really played WoW for long and have no idea why some people are against cross server anything. If anything it helps get stuff done more efficiently.

You've never played WoW so you've never experiences how it ruins PvP, check my old thread on cross server, I put some valid reasons.

Constructive feedback? This game isn't WoW, it's SWTOR, if you want to play WoW go play it, but dont come here making SWTOR WoW when its not WoW.

But EA wants it to be and it is very WoWish straight from launch and will add pretty much all features from it sicne they want more subs.

Why would the majority be here looking for WoW when they could go play WoW and have WoW?

You've never played WoW so you've never experiences how it ruins PvP, check my old thread on cross server, I put some valid reasons.

You didn't give any reasons. I just reread all of that.

You just said "I don't like wow"

Well i don't like WoW either but I'd like you to tell me what is so bad about cross server queuing?

It didnt ruin PvP and we failry high or high ranked players had very healthy community cross server and i knew much more players by name and how they played after cross server than at any point in vanilla when i grinded to rank 13.

NO, those features are not standard, they are from WoW, does that make it a needed feature? A needed feature is gun. Thats like saying a needed feature in shooters is PERKS just because the biggest shooter MW3 has them.

Rift launched in 2011 with all of those features except a dungeon finder. Stop burying your head in the WoW hate sand and look at the current MMO market. The great story only lasts so long. Once the player base has matured to being mostly max level, the great story during leveling is meaningless.

Those features I mentioned are critical to sustaining subscriptions and competing in the genre. This isn't 2004. The MMO player has changed since the EQ is king days. This hardcore mentality that a segment of this player base possesses is counterproductive to maintaining the more casual MMO subscribers.

Just more random whining. Bioware is a developer, their goal is to make a game people want to play. In this instance they listened to people giving feedback. There was a need that had to be filled, which was more efficiently getting groups to complete content. I can see why they did this instead of listening to someone going "wahhhhh wow wahhhhhh" What does constructive feedback have to do with wow? It means offering bioware ideas to improve the game, what features to add to entice players to join and to keep existing ones. you are doing none of those things.

Rift launched in 2011 with all of those features except a dungeon finder. Stop burying your head in the WoW hate sand and look at the current MMO market. The great story only lasts so long. Once the player base has matured to being mostly max level, the great story during leveling is meaningless.

Those features I mentioned are critical to sustaining subscriptions and competing in the genre. This isn't 2004. The MMO player has changed since the EQ is king days. This hardcore mentality that a segment of this player base possesses is counterproductive to maintaining the more casual MMO subscribers.

Yeah, and did you see Rift? It was a straight up WoW clone.

Why would the majority be here looking for WoW when they could go play WoW and have WoW?

Cause its 7 years old game, they want WoW copy with lightsabers and same kinda UI and features. Well thats exaclty what BW has done so far and will continue to do so. If BW and EA has to choose between SWG/EQ/DaoC players and WOW players its not very hard decision thich all the things they are adding in future patches proves.

Cause its 7 years old game, they want WoW copy with lightsabers and same kinda UI and features. Well thats exaclty what BW has done so far and will continue to do so. If BW and EA has to choose between SWG/EQ/DaoC players and WOW players its not very hard decision thich all the things they are adding in future patches proves.

It's not a 7 year old game, they've updated graphics, and features through time, they've also updated their engine, so in reality WoW isn't 7 years old, in fact, it's more like 1 year old.

It's not a 7 year old game, they've updated graphics, and features through time, they've also updated their engine, so in reality WoW isn't 7 years old, in fact, it's more like 1 year old.

In that sense yes, but for those like me its 7 years old in sense that i played it for that time and im looking for some other games to replace it cause i want something new. But when i want somethign new, i want to see same imo good features that i got used to in the old one.

Like it or not, WoW was greatest game in this genre of all times and millions of players liked and played it but everythig gets old at some point. Setting is pretty much 7 years old and its an achievement to still hold top spot in MMORPg genre.

If EA wants ToR to be big, they need to copy their hardest competitor and lure their playerbase playing this.