So 1.2 will kill PvP?

OldxLady

Bah I see this is pointless, as people assume things. That I am just complaining and want stuff changed, and dont like Ilum or Warzones. When in fact I am just trying to get a discussion going and see what people mean about the last "Q&A's" the Devs did and the 1.2 patch.

Ahh well gues my fault, as I knew this is a "Forum" and the forums are used 90% of the time for Trolling. Now go back to your Imp character standing infront of the Rep base before I come and backstabb you ;p

your post does come off as whining.and your title also leads people to think your doing nothing but whining.So does your signature while im at it.The way you interpret what the dev said is also misleading if a discussion is what you were after.

Lines like "didnt want pvp to be good " completely destroy any valid argument you had,makes you look like a whiner.

just trying to help..example : change title to "discussion about 1.2 pvp changes" might get you better response

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah I see this is pointless, as people assume things. That I am just complaining and want stuff changed, and dont like Ilum or Warzones. When in fact I am just trying to get a discussion going and see what people mean about the last "Q&A's" the Devs did and the 1.2 patch.

Ahh well gues my fault, as I knew this is a "Forum" and the forums are used 90% of the time for Trolling. Now go back to your Imp character standing infront of the Rep base before I come and backstabb you ;p

Its not trolling when all your doing is crying over progress on there part period, pick up some common sense and you will go far...

your post does come off as whining.and your title also leads people to think your doing nothing but whining.So does your signature while im at it.The way you interpret what the dev said is also misleading if a discussion is what you were after.

Lines like "didnt want pvp to be good " completely destroy any valid argument you had,makes you look like a whiner.

just trying to help..example : change title to "discussion about 1.2 pvp changes" might get you better response

Well I was trying to start of the discussion by a negative look at the changes. This way leading to a better discussion as people will try and prove it wrong. And the reson why I started with how I see the replies from the devs.

But yeah have to agree with you, the title might seem a little to negative. Should have had osmthing like "So how will 1.2 effect PvP" or somthing

To be perfectly honest I've seen Bioware underestimate basically everything from the beginning. They underestimated how popular the game was in the beginning, they underestimated the amount of people wanting to play the beta, they underestimated the faction popularity etc. etc. etc. I'd rather have them overestimate a bit in terms of everything. This applies to PVP as well.

No, I expect Devs to take action. Such us for instance.

1. Give extra Valor/Commendations/Bags to Republic/Imps players on a unbalanced server.

2. Give extra xp depending on the imbalance to the faction with least players.

And the best one...

3. Dont make anouth "Hutball 2.0". That for sure wont help to balance the PvP.

this right HERE is what makes people realize you dont know anything.

This suggestion is akin to giving guilds with less people MORE gear simply because they have less total people in their guild, even though they have the same number of people in the instance.

its ludicrous and frankly quite stupid.

To be perfectly honest I've seen Bioware underestimate basically everything from the beginning. They underestimated how popular the game was in the beginning, they underestimated the amount of people wanting to play the beta, they underestimated the faction popularity etc. etc. etc. I'd rather have them overestimate a bit in terms of everything. This applies to PVP as well.

or its just an excuse because they rushed everything

Just changed my OP. To make it sound less whiny like some have stated.

As my intention is just to get a discussion going on the lates Q&A from Devs regarding some changes to PvP in 1.2. Such as a new warzone that could be played against same faction.

This suggestion is akin to giving guilds with less people MORE gear simply because they have less total people in their guild, even though they have the same number of people in the instance.

Sorry what? I am not realy sure what you mean. This buffs or what not is to effekt the Faction valance, not guild balance.

So everyone on Republic side get that buff because there are 3 times more imps on the server. This is just a way to encourage people to switch to the imbalanced faction, so they have easier time to get to maks level and theire gear.

Those were also just suggestion, nothing that I actualy mean they should implement.

Its just we as humans need some "candy" to change ourr mind about somthing.

If you have a card that you have worked up 25% discount when you buy Diesel. And than you have Hydrogen fuel wich no one buys because it impractical. Will you than suddenly switch to Hydrgoen without any sepsific reason? Or will you rather switch to Hydrogen when you get a 50% discount if you become a member of another card company that gives you that bouns?

To the "cross server not helping anything".. dont you think, if they would pair 9 servers together, take 3high rep populated + 3highimp populated + 3balanced?

I personally belive 1.2 is gonna be awsome for pvp! cant wait for Ranked warzones, just hope they make it with a proper ladder, and make it cross server with all europe servers! and not just set a valor rank on the "Ranked Warzone", and give people an individual win/lose ratio :s....

Yeah well we alredy know they put little to no effort into pvp.

I mean look at ilum, even the guys over at gamebreaker tv have said it should be deleted.

And the more players who get to the planet will figure this out themself and start complaining.

We know for a fact they refuse to take feedback on pvp, look at exploits/bots/hacks like speedhack etc.CC is out of control.Look at the valor farming by imps and kill trading on ilum

again nothing done.They have the worst lotto RNG gears system ever made and most if not all the players hate it with a passion.And most of the pvp gear at lvl 50 looks like crap to be honest, have nothing to do with star wars and is not even of canon.And yeah the faction imbalance oh my....what to say....

the lack of constructive feedback and blatant fanboism when faced with questions like this in beta is what got the pvp game in the state it is currently in

to the people accusing the op of whining or crying why not actually defend the comments the devs have made if you feel you can.

You're whining like a kid.

What they are proposing is gonna help the game.

1. Giving another same faction WZ will give more variety. *** is your problem here kid?

2. Faction imbalance cannot be "fixed". Population movements will take time, and stupid propositions like "give extra valor to a side" is not an incentive. What if the populations get even? You take it away? Now people whine even more. It's not a longterm solution.

What they're doing is giving incentive through the legacy system. Wait and see, cause right now, you have no idea what it's gonna bring.

3. Rated WZ's, they fixed the bags. Seriously, all I see is a whiny post of a raging kid.

the lack of constructive feedback and blatant fanboism when faced with questions like this in beta is what got the pvp game in the state it is currently in

to the people accusing the op of whining or crying why not actually defend the comments the devs have made if you feel you can.

I do defend them. They're saying they're adding stuff to the game, like a new WZ and rated WZ's.

If you use your brain for more than a split second, you know faction imbalance cannot be "fixed".

So you tell me what's so bad about it.

I do defend them. They're saying they're adding stuff to the game, like a new WZ and rated WZ's.

If you use your brain for more than a split second, you know faction imbalance cannot be "fixed".

bit aggressive aren't you big fella.

I agree, faction imbalance damage is done and because of this world pvp can never be a focus for tor, it is why I've unsubbed and the q&a comments actually support my belief that unsubbing is the correct thing to do, for me.

same faction warzones were always a terrible idea, all it does is accelerate a the progression on the overpopulated side, this is bad game design, adding a second same faction warzone compounds the error, it does nothing to fix it.

They are only surprised at how popular pvp is because they never listened to their perspective player base, the pvp voice was ignored during beta and what we see is the result - they are still giving us what they think we want rather than asking us what we want - would anyone actually honestly choose a 2nd same faction warzone as a solution to imbalance?

I wasn't going to post why I think the comments are negative, but have as you asked so nicely. The q&a makes it easier for me to leave knowing I've done the right thing by not waiting to see if it gets better, I have no faith in their vision.

Edited by Roak

OK, I'll be totally honest.

SWTOR has HUGE potential to do well. If the Devs pull their head out of wherever it's at, and use it (and I don't mean to hammer in nails, bowling or as a paperweight), the game could really be something.

Cross-server queues would allow low-pop servers to tap into high pop PvE servers. I glanced at server list last night, and the majority of heavy servers were PvE servers.

BUT, for this to work, they need to remove or severely reduce Expertise. No PvEer in his right mind going to PvP if he steps foot into a warzone in his PvE gear and gets ANNIHILATED by someone with 700 Expertise. I said it before, and I'll say it again, Expertise was a horrible idea. It was horrible in WoW too. Ask ANYONE, "When was the last good WoW expansion?" and they will tell you TBC, the first one. WoW's version of Expertise was introduced a few months after TBC release. That killed WoW PvP, and made it into an idiotic grind for PvP-specific gear obtainable solely by PvP.

Ability to queue for specific WZs? Great. ON PAPER. If most Republic players choose to queue to Huttball, and most Empire players choose to queue for anything BUT Huttball, guess what will happen to the average queue time? A warzone will never pop! Empire will be waiting for Pubs, and Pubs are too few to fill a full Huttball game.

Etc., etc.

Population imbalance? On PvE servers and RP servers - not much of an issue. PvP servers - another story. Legacy system, whatever the flock it is, might fix it. Who knows? We certainly don't know a thing about it.

So IF Bioware plays it REALLY smart, this game could grow, and keep on growing. If they persist in sticking to these idiotic choices they've made in ripping off flawed mechanics from WoW, the game will tank. Truth be told, I expected the game to tank already, but I'll give them due credit for releasing the game in a period when they get virtually zero competition. However, towards the middle of the year, they will be getting hit by things like Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, possibly Tera if they tone down the anime crap. Not much time to level off and fly straight.

It's all in their hands. Play it smart, and you win. Keep up the wishy-washy crap of the past 2 months, and it'll crash. Oh, sure, there'll still be plenty of PvE players and SW fans to keep the game afloat, but it won't be a huge financial success it could be.

No its nt ya blithering eeejit. Its a tried and tested solution that has appeared on previous MMO's and works.

2. So they ignor faction balance and just implement "Hutball 2.0". So even less reason to re-roll, as you have even more Warzones to do against each other. This will ofcause also lead to Ilum numbers still beeing imbalance on most servers.

Not even gona color anything in here as this is just fantastic. So in short words BioWare does not see any reason to do anything about balance on servers that have 3-4 more imps, as they dont see it "to" imbalanced. So soon 2 month and they dont see any imbalance.

They have stated several times, they do not think faction balance is an issue. Even though everyone who has any MMO experience knows faction balance is important for both PvE and PvP. Since the majority of players are empire and the issue effects the minority the most a new "huttball" will please the majority of the player base. However for the minority this basically says we don't care because it only effects a few.

Edited by Brutem

faction imbalance can be fixed, all they need to do is start adding character transfers, the looks of the server populations at this moment is plain standard. WZ's, another wz would make it 4, that's not much of a variety. Bioware can't afford to lose subs, they need to stop slacking and focus on endgame rather then minor changes like doing emotes on a bike....

Again, not a Imp... And I sure hope you are right. As its is Bioware we are talking about. Devs that have never ever created a good "Multiplayer" game. Just wait for Mass Effect 3, where they will for "first time" implement actual Multiplayer.

Also there are many ways to encourage players to roll the other side.

lol.. while not massively multiplayer, neverwinter nights was a great multiplayer game made by bioware. but the player run servers couldn't hold more then a couple hundred players.. however, to say they have never ever created a good multiplayer game is ridiculous. if you are referring to massively multiplayer then that is a completely different thing.

No, I expect Devs to take action. Such us for instance.

1. Give extra Valor/Commendations/Bags to Republic/Imps players on a unbalanced server.

2. Give extra xp depending on the imbalance to the faction with least players.

And the best one...

3. Dont make anouth "Hutball 2.0". That for sure wont help to balance the PvP.

As you caan see, the argument is mostly about the faction imbalance, which Devs seems to either dont see or ignor.

I bet if they implement all or at least 1 of those suggestions, the game will quickly balnace it self out. This will remove most issues espect the performance, but that the engine issue.

The biggest reason people dont want to re-roll, is because no one wants to do all that over again. Just imagen to grind BM gear again or the Valor.

Give them candy to stick and/or to re-roll the imbalance faction.That is the only way to balance the game. The numbers will not magicly even them self out, especialy if there no external force interfering. I am sorry, but that basic psychology, not magic.

1. So instead of a Class/Month Flavor of the Month you get a Faction Flavor of the Month? People will Re-roll to get the most advantage by having a 50 on both sides and go with it as the faction balance shifts. Doing this is pointless.

2. See No.1 of my reasons this is also pointless

3. Huttball 2.0 right now is fine, Right now those "Heavy" factions are only playing Huttball 90% of the time this gives the variety.

Sorry to say it but Faction Imbalance simply can't be helped on the Developers end at this point, except restricting factions at character creation.

The best bet is to wait and see what happens with the Legacy System and some of the options discussed (Unlocking new abilities, Cross faction races etc.). Complaining about it isn't going to change things.

Either they will come up with something that will work or the won't but trying to give bonus' to factions for being less popular isn't going to really work because of the way Ilum Daily/Weekly is set up.