Slap 30 min penalty to people leaving the WZ

Kastchey

Nope, not while people are openly exploiting with no consequences. No point in staying in a warzone where people are exploiting.

I also just joined a Huttball midway through trying to do the daily quest after 4 losses only to be kicked from the game because the "deserter" timer finished before I could get through the gate. I guess I'd be stuck for 30 mins now, huh?

:rolleyes:

Edit: Cherry on top of the cake? My team was winning 4-0 on that game, I'd complete the daily if it didn't bug like usual.

Edited by Maruchani

How about no.

Don't like it, don't log on. People have the right to play the game how they want, if they want to leave, they shouldn't get a penalty for it.

By your logic I could exploit and I should not be punished for. Since, you know, I should play the game how I want and that would be what I'm doing.

By your logic I could exploit and I should not be punished for. Since, you know, I should play the game how I want and that would be what I'm doing.

Exactly. Don't let people judge how you want to play, though, actually exploiting is in the contract you click ok to and makes it a bannable offence. So yeah, you agreed to being punished if you took part in said event, I saw nothing about leaving warzones.

So yeah, your logic is pretty crappy there. Try another comparison, you may get it right this time.

Last week one day my connection to the game was TERRIBLE. No exaggeration, one in every 2 games I'd be kicked from the server for hours and hours.

That'd be punishable, not according to your logic, but how BW would implement the design mechanic.

People have a million and one things as to why they may suddenly need to leave a game midway through, all pretty legit IMO.

Even the none legit things but are just bad game mechanics - for instance, I've been in many matches at the start where we're 3 or 4 people down. In two minutes the full enemy team score 2 or 3 goals but it's ok because the game will forfeit soon. WRONG. Without fail the forfeit will be aborted because the team fills up. So We've got another 12-13 minutes to play for what? A guarenteed loss? :D

How about suggest things to give PvP more dimension than the Valor/Gear Grind once you hit L50? ;)

It's not about punishing people, it's just about not rewarding them.

Far more effective.

People are similar to dogs. Some believe you should gain obedience from your canine by beating them when they do something wrong. Instead, reward them when they do something right and don't when they do something bad. People/ man's best friend likes to be rewarded. Punish a dog - it'll fear you. Punish a gamer - they'll go and play your competition ;)

Yeah, I'd be fine with having a 30-minute lock out of further war-zones... if I could guarantee that the war-zone I am going to be in is actually going to be fun.

I "used" to never quit a war-zone no matter how bad it was. But eventually, you have too many crappy war-zones. The really crappy ones, where you look through your team and only 2 people have over 13k health and the first skirmish with the opposing faction reveals 4 or 5 players who are from the same guild, and so almost certainly a premade. If my team at least had decent gear, I'd stick around to see how it pans out. Sometimes a good group of solo-queue players can defeat an average pre-made.

But I refuse to play in the above circumstances, because I "KNOW" it's a waste of my time, because (more importantly) it's just not fun.

Also, I'll quite happily admit to another one I dropped from today too. It was one on Alderaan. We started, the team was less than stellar and we didn't cap anything to start with. I was in the middle, and the few others that came with me were decimated by 4-5 ish. That's not so bad, they had more players dedicated to the mid-point. So I flew back in. Except that from my aerial vantage point, I could see there was ALSO 3 players at each of the other two control points, and STILL 5 in the middle. Why would I play a 8 v 11 match? It is, again, a waste of my time because it's not going to be fun.

Or what about when I queue up, and get plonked into a game that's already failing badly, so much so that it's hemorrhaging players to make space for me. If it's that bad, why should I be expected to want to sit around to witness it to avoid a 30 minute lockout.

I'm fine with a lockout for deserting your allies in a war-zone, but only if I don't get thrust into stupid situations in the first place. So, that'd be when they can mostly guarantee that I won't be forced into any of the above situations, either by getting rid of bugs that allow people to get bigger teams into a war-zone, by giving me the option to only join new war-zones, and by finding SOME way to balance off player gearing/grouping so that one side isn't vastly superior.

I don't see it happening soon. So I'd say sorry, but no, I prefer to keep the ability to leave a war-zone, penalty-free if it's really that dire.

Edited by Tyrias

It's not about punishing people, it's just about not rewarding them.

Far more effective.

People are similar to dogs. Some believe you should gain obedience from your canine by beating them when they do something wrong. Instead, reward them when they do something right and don't when they do something bad. People/ man's best friend likes to be rewarded. Punish a dog - it'll fear you. Punish a gamer - they'll go and play your competition ;)

What? WoW, the game with just that kind of debuff? Rampant leaving/afk'ing will cost them more customers than letting people leave WZs.

That said, I leave at times. It's seldom, but I do...when people are so completely clueless that I just can't stand them (and despite what I think about people, it actually takes quite a lot to get me to leave the id..."people").

No way,

Most of the time i leave i'm mad at the game itself.

If they fix these bugs i'm ok with even a 24h deserter debuff:

- Stun bug (stay stunned forever / until someone kills you) REALLY?

- Stuns, snares, roots going through while resolve active / Charges count as stun as you wait for their animation to complete REALLY!?

- people dont appear in their correct places (someone standing in acid on your screen but their screen hes just fine on the floor) REALLY!?

- Snares and roots not causing ANY resolve - while a 2 meter knockback (from stockstrike) gives 20% REALLY!?!

When the game is PLAYABLE they can introduce deserters.