Life after 50

Rodstorm

For me, the endgame is boring. Nothing much you can do about it, its the usual fare with these games.

On my Warrior i did alot of HM grind and pvp plus the pvp dailies, but really got bored the grind. Because it ends up like a grind.

I do like leveling alts though. And playing a new alt alongside my girlfriend. In the end, what keeps me in the game is the social factor. If my girlfriend stops playing i will loose interest lightning fast.

You can get full epics at 50 (in fact i had it the same day with the money i made leveling and some pvp relics).

Late game you can gather holocrons, pvp, or engage in lategame pve like ops and hard modes (which almost certainly requires a guild).

I don't believe there is really much story left at 50, you could mop up the stray quest here and there.

At the moment, much like a lot of other mmo's the focus of the game is on raiding. PvP only seems to serve one purpose, getting a title that says you pvp a LOT. Raiding will get pretty dull once you have the hardmodes down.

And after those dry up, you make fun, like gearing out your companions and soloing (or more realistically duo'ing) hardmode flashpoints.

Also, if you didn't do the sith inquisitor story, it's pretty cool, I suggest making an alt and running through it. Maybe the other stories are good, but don't bother with bounty hunter ;p.

I'am guessing like WoW there is now a group of Heroics/Flashpoints to start with to start gearing up for raids/Operations but is there a sequence to start with?

If you are Empire, the order is like:

1. Black Talon

2. Boarding Party

3. The Foundry

4. Directive 7

5. The Battle for Ilum

6. The False Emperor

7. Kaon

If you are Republik, the order is like:

1. Taral v

2. Maelstrom Prison

3. Esseles

4. Directive 7

5. The Battle for Ilum

6. The False Emperor

7. Kaon

The order is the order of seubjective difficulty. The difference isn't that high, as soon as you cleared one or two and got a few artifacts, you can basically go wherever you want to.

You need at least Level 50 blue gear, better to have a few artifacts sprinkled in.

You might try normal 8-Mans as well. Eternity Vault is definitely puggable if you done a few hard mode flashpoints.

So, concerning PvE content, there is quite some stuff to do, and it is fun. The gear in itself is not that much of a reward, but the speeders are nice. The best way to get gear is normal mode 8-mans, where you get T2 rather easily.

I highly recommend joing a guild that likes to go into PvE-dungeons. Furthermore, switch sides (if you are not on a high population server, go there!) and level one or two alts with classes that interest you. On the first alts or whenever you run out of new content, play some PvP. It is fun. More so when having (online)-friends and a TS server to play it together.

All of that will not last forever, but for the beginning 50, there is a lot to try and to do.

get valor rank 60 and full set of battlemaster gear

or get a full set of rakata gear

until then don't complain about endgame

What does getting a full set of gear have to do with anything? I'm battlemaster and have cleared everything on nightmare mode. What do I care about having FULL rakata or BM gear?

I'd rather not run anymore buggy and boring ops for gear that I don't need and I'd rather not play the BM bag lottery for a .5% upgrade either.

There is literally zero point in even playing this game.

If you are Empire, the order is like:

1. Black Talon

2. Boarding Party

3. The Foundry

4. Directive 7

5. The Battle for Ilum

6. The False Emperor

7. Kaon

If you are Republik, the order is like:

1. Taral v

2. Maelstrom Prison

3. Esseles

4. Directive 7

5. The Battle for Ilum

6. The False Emperor

7. Kaon

The order is the order of seubjective difficulty. The difference isn't that high, as soon as you cleared one or two and got a few artifacts, you can basically go wherever you want to.

You need at least Level 50 blue gear, better to have a few artifacts sprinkled in.

You might try normal 8-Mans as well. Eternity Vault is definitely puggable if you done a few hard mode flashpoints.

So, concerning PvE content, there is quite some stuff to do, and it is fun. The gear in itself is not that much of a reward, but the speeders are nice. The best way to get gear is normal mode 8-mans, where you get T2 rather easily.

I highly recommend joing a guild that likes to go into PvE-dungeons. Furthermore, switch sides (if you are not on a high population server, go there!) and level one or two alts with classes that interest you. On the first alts or whenever you run out of new content, play some PvP. It is fun. More so when having (online)-friends and a TS server to play it together.

All of that will not last forever, but for the beginning 50, there is a lot to try and to do.

False Emperor is pretty much the easiest one besides black talon.

Do Ilum/Belsavis dailys for gear mods, ear and implant pieces

If you're dps you can pick up the pvp dailys and weeklys for some easy upgrades

For your first hardmode fp you should get a group to black talon, it's easy and fun and if you're lucky you'll get a few upgrades from it