Why to play a female toon

Tattersalad

There are lots of reasons why people play as male or female, and its just down to how a person likes to play "their" chosen roll. Yes REAL Women on here play too, and some even play as male characters.

Why play as a female, - ok well, Dialogs are pretty gender neutral I bet in this game, so its not a matter of if female dialogues are in anyway different to the male characters, IDK I haven't yet rolled as a male Character yet. I designed my female character to kind of loosely resemble me. (Within limitations of software)

To me its roll playing, as a character, but not so much is involved, when answering the dialogues, as I answer them as I would in a real life situation normally. Basically you have your toon on screen like as if you were watching TV, and your controlling the roll or story of that persona in the game. People can easily pretend to be some one else, or can generally go through the game as themselves and answer the dialogues as they would do usually in the real world. The freedom to play the story how you choose, is liberating at best.

I guess there are several kinds of roll play including those of the opposite sex playing a roll as a character that isn't their actual real gender. That doesn't really matter in roll playing either, as the mechanic is there for you to play around with and enjoy controlling or being that person you are not in the real world. Lots of men I see play sages, and usually as a female one, because they argue, a sage should be female ?

The other aspect of roll playing, is just being your self, but as some kind of action hero, or spy, assassin what ever, and usually go through the game with your character in line with your own actual gender, choosing dialogue options that either you would (like me) choose in real life situations, or be a little roguish, and play out of the box so to speak doing things you wouldn't normally do in the real world anyway,. :)

Edited by dronepilot