Damage types

Tangenobi

I have a question..Do you think lightsabers should do burn damage since they burn clean through whatever they hit or touch...Regular weapons should do weapon damage and guns do energy damage?

Blasters actually blows through whatever they hit. Although they do leave burn markings, blasters are hit with force. Lightsabers actually burns through whatever it hits.

Does this seem accurate? Even though blasters do pack heat (no pun intended)

Since Elemental Damage ignores Armor I believe, it would be too strong. All of our skills would need to be elemental, and Watchmen Tree would be even stronger.

Yes I kinda thought about that but they could balance it out.. Watchman would be stronger but so would combat if they ever fixed Ataru strikes..(make the procs burn damage as well) and make precision slash make the mob weaker to burn damag

Lightsabers are energy just like blasters...its just that lightsabers are a bigger stick of it instead of a single blast, so having both as energy weapons still makes sense. its just that a blaster bolt is a moving sliver of it and a lightsaber is a large weildable beam of it.

That aside, theres no reason to change something as drastic as the damage type of lightsabers for the sake of just making them awesome... especially since youd be giving consulars/inquistors armor ignoring death on a stick in melee ontop of their already potent spell casting suite.

Edited by thepilk

In this time period there's an abundance of cortosis weaves in armor and weapons, giving resistance vs lightsabers. So it does indeed make sense that armor can resist a lightsaber to some degree.

Though if you want the effect just not as drastically, BW could add some % of armor penetration to lightsabers as an inherent quality. Or as a root class passive for Jedi Knights.

I think something like that would be great to stick on the Ataru form. But as has been said so many times before, a guy can dream :)