Valor Rank 10 - Title

Valor Rank 20 - Title+Unlocks lvl 40 PvP suit

Valor Rank 30 - Title+Unlocks Centurian Gear

Valor Rank 40 - Title+New Mount 110% Speed

Valor Rank 50 - Title+Unlocks Champ Gear

Valor Rank 60 - Title+Unlocks BM Gear

Valor Rank 70 - Title+New Mount 120% Speed

Valor Rank 80 - Title+1 extra Skill Tree Point

Valor Rank 90 - Title+Lowers CC breaker by 30 seconds.

Valor Rank 100 - Title+1 extra Skill Tree Point

Some of this is here already. But the farther you get it doesnt give much. Adding just 1 extra skill tree point wouldnt be that OP'd but you could fit a little more options with it. CC breaker also, since CC is pretty bad at times. Who knows after 100, extra advanced class maybe?

Come on people, lets get some ideas going, maybe they will do something in the future. An extra advanced class option would be awesome for down the road. Or a couple extra points, faster mount, increased passives just something.

You dont have to flame my ideas, post your own here. Lets get something going.

Valor Rank 10 - Title

Valor Rank 20 - Title+Unlocks lvl 40 PvP suit

Valor Rank 30 - Title+Unlocks Centurian Gear

Valor Rank 40 - Title+New Mount 110% Speed

Valor Rank 50 - Title+Unlocks Champ Gear

Valor Rank 60 - Title+Unlocks BM Gear

Valor Rank 70 - Title+New Mount 120% Speed

Valor Rank 80 - Title+1 extra Skill Tree Point

Valor Rank 90 - Title+Lowers CC breaker by 30 seconds.

Valor Rank 100 - Title+1 extra Skill Tree Point

Some of this is here already. But the farther you get it doesnt give much. Adding just 1 extra skill tree point wouldnt be that OP'd but you could fit a little more options with it. CC breaker also, since CC is pretty bad at times. Who knows after 100, extra advanced class maybe?

Come on people, lets get some ideas going, maybe they will do something in the future. An extra advanced class option would be awesome for down the road. Or a couple extra points, faster mount, increased passives just something.

You dont have to flame my ideas, post your own here. Lets get something going.

110% speed mount at level 40? Wut?

Skill tree point and CC breaker would make grinding valor a must for PvE

No. Any sort of massive award for people with no lives is a no for me.

Valor ranks have little to no correlation with skill, but a lot to do with how much you can play.

Giving BM gear already gives them a huge advantage over sub-60 players.

Faster mount?

Extra talent?

Better CC-breaker?

Hell no.

Not to mention the PvE ramifications.

Edited by Acyu

Valor ranks have little to no correlation with skill, but a lot to do with how much you can play.

Faster mount?

Extra talent?

Better CC-breaker?

Hell no.

Not to mention the PvE ramifications.

Same-speed mount as level 3 piloting, actually.

And BM gear is a very slight advantage over Champion. It's noticable as a fresh 50, but barely. On my server anyways.

No. Any short of massive award for people with no lives is a no for me.

Faster mount?

Extra talent?

Better CC-breaker?

Hell no.

Agreed instead of widening the gap between higher rank players and lower rank players they should be trying to narrow it so fresh 50's can you know actually play instead of get dominated by people with two 21 point talent trees or a 31 point and an 11 point etc.

Possibly the worst idea i have read on the forums and i have read some doozies.

Just ideas, PvE guys could always just Que up. Not the right thing to say but I have nothing better.

While in my opinion, every aspect of the game is fun and I like to enjoy it all, many people like to stay strictly PvP or strictly PvE and get very angry when they feel like they "have to" do the other one.

Same-speed mount as level 3 piloting, actually.

And BM gear is a very slight advantage over Champion. It's noticable as a fresh 50, but barely. On my server anyways.

Thought it was 90/100/110 for piloting.

Full GM vs. full champion is ~10% difference.

That is a lot for PvP.

Like I already said, valor rank has little to do with actual skill, and people should not be awarded for having no lives.

PvE already has such a restriction - weekly-lockouts.

That is a lot for PvP.

Like I already said, valor rank has little to do with actual skill, and people should not be awarded for having no lives.

You're right about the mounts. I missed the second mount reward, only saw the 110% one. Woops!

I dunno much about numbers, but in my experience, on my server, We had a team of Empire that had 4 BMs on it and a team of Republic where 6 people did not even have more than 1 piece of champion gear, and the score was 3-1 Huttball. It was very close the whole game. They got a bit of momentum, hence the 2 point gap.

I was on my Sage as full-spec Balance(Madness). I was wearing 4 pieces of Centurion Gear, 1 piece of Champion gear, and had my 2-piece bonus for healing (I usually play healer).

I got into a 1v1 fight at one point with an enemy sorcerer on a nearby ledge. They were a battlemaster and at least had their weapon. I got them to 20% before dying, and that was with them having the higher ground.

Maybe my server is just filled with baddies, but it doesn't seem too huge. Noticable, but not huge.

Edited by Grubfist

You're right about the mounts. I missed the second mount reward, only saw the 110% one. Woops!

I dunno much about numbers, but in my experience, on my server, We had a team of Empire that had 4 BMs on it and a team of Republic where 6 people did not even have more than 1 piece of champion gear, and the score was 3-1 Huttball. It was very close the whole game. They got a bit of momentum, hence the 2 point gap.

Proving that BM has no correlation with skill. And also in huttball, people in BM gears rarely play for objective. They love to tunnel vision and medal farm, thereby yielding the most valor.

But increasing the gap between players is always bad. Giving "extra" talents and abilities is a no-no.

That is a lot for PvP.

Yet folks that PVE who have no lives should be rewarded? If you want to put a lock out on PVP rewards, then I want a lock out on how many boss attempts you get each week. If you wipe more then three times in a dungeon you are done for the rest of the week. Why should you be rewarded because you can attempt a bosses 10 -15 times in a week when most people don't have that kind of time?

Proving that BM has no correlation with skill. And also in huttball, people in BM gears rarely play for objective. They love to tunnel vision and medal farm, thereby yielding the most valor.

But increasing the gap between players is always bad. Giving "extra" talents and abilities is a no-no.

I was on my Sage as full-spec Balance(Madness). I was wearing 4 pieces of Centurion Gear, 1 piece of Champion gear, and had my 2-piece bonus for healing (I usually play healer).

I got into a 1v1 fight at one point with an enemy sorcerer on a nearby ledge. They were a battlemaster and at least had their weapon. I got them to 20% before dying, and that was with them having the higher ground.

Maybe my server is just filled with baddies, but it doesn't seem too huge. Noticable, but not huge.

End point, I agree about the skill point and the better breaker. I just think the gear difference currently is perfectly fine and balanced.

Edited by Grubfist

Yet folks that PVE who have no lives should be rewarded? If you want to put a lock out on PVP rewards, then I want a lock out on how many boss attempts you get each week. If you wipe more then three times in a dungeon you are done for the rest of the week. Why should you be rewarded because you can attempt a bosses 10 -15 times in a week when most people don't have that kind of time?

PvE?

Weekly-lockouts

Group requirement

Difficulty, which means gear/skill requirement

Time

Limited drops dependent on RNG

PvP?

No limit on how many warzones / how much kill-trading you can do

No group requirement

Lack of gear/skill requirement for valor farm

Yes to time

System changed to be less dependent on RNG sub-60. Every week, if you do the weeklies/dailies, you are pretty much guaranteed to get ~1-3 champion pieces EVERY WEEK using commendations. PvE players would DIE over being able to get ~1-3 pieces of gear OF THEIR CHOICE every week.

So what. I dont want a total even field. If I or someone else spend time getting good gear good for them. If you dont have the gear or skill then work on it. We all have a fair oppertunity to get gear.

What i want is for gear to not factor into PvP at all making it purely skill. Because then when you crush someone there are no excuses they had the same opportunity to win.

What i want is for gear to not factor into PvP at all making it purely skill. Because then when you crush someone there are no excuses they had the same opportunity to win.

Taking your gear and the capabilities attached to it into account requires skill to do well.

Edited by Grubfist

Why do people always use the "no life" argument when they are hating. Rewards for effort put in is a must. Following your logic you shouldn't get any bonuses for leveling either.

Why do people always use the "no life" argument when they are hating. Rewards for effort put in is a must. Following your logic you shouldn't get any bonuses for leveling either.

I agree, otherwise why play a mmoRG in the first place?

The only reason I do PvP at all is to get better gear. It's not like there's anything about it that can be fun for more then a couple of days, so why are people asking to remove the one redeeming thing about it? Same thing with Hard Mode FPs and such. All this stuff is boring after the first run, if there's no reward for doing them then I don't know what the point would be.

I agree, otherwise why play a mmoRG in the first place?

The only reason I do PvP at all is to get better gear. It's not like there's anything about it that can be fun for more then a couple of days, so why are people asking to remove the one redeeming thing about it? Same thing with Hard Mode FPs and such. All this stuff is boring after the first run, if there's no reward for doing them then I don't know what the point would be.

Pretty much this, everything is so basic that once you have done it once, its pretty dull.

Being honest, I honestly don't think Bioware thought too much about PvP, infact i know they didn't just look at the state of it. Very capable company but in this case, short sighted or just plain lazy.