Force Sweep for Guardian Tanks? How important is it?

badatt

I am working on my alt guardian and my question is, in the defense tree there are some talents that increase force sweep's effectiveness. Coming from a commando main, I know I hate it when peeps break my CC with AoE's. So I would naturally assume most people pass these talents up.

Is there really a good argument for utilizing force sweep abilities other than to clear trash mobs?

I am working on my alt guardian and my question is, in the defense tree there are some talents that increase force sweep's effectiveness. Coming from a commando main, I know I hate it when peeps break my CC with AoE's. So I would naturally assume most people pass these talents up.

Is there really a good argument for utilizing force sweep abilities other than to clear trash mobs?

Sweep is a core move for all JK.

The entire focus tree is built around it.

In Vigilance it's one of the big Three (Overhead Slash, Blade Storm, Sweep)

In Defence it's high damage, high threat and accurace de-mod.

Sweep is GUD!

I rarely had problems with using Smash. Most of the time it'd be a miss click. Otherwise I try to position myself just right to avoid catching a CC if possible or not use it - pull to the right or left of your target and towards another who may not be CC'd and the DPS is focusing on. Lay down FS to add a little damage. That's the way I worked with it anyways.

Force sweep is a must no matter your spec. If your taking, which it sounds like. Force sweep is a big aoe move for you, considering it is one of our only ones. You need to do something with it. I recommend going into Vigilance and getting free force sweep under T4 called Effluence. It will really help your dps and your aggro gain....plus its free ;)

As others have said, you can't neglect Force Sweep no matter what your spec.

However, the AoE radius is small, so breaking CC really isn't a big concern unless your party memebers are CCing mobs right on top of you.

AoE threat? I mean if you never want to use any AoE and tank a single mob while the rest roam free all over the rest of the party, go for it. But I'll bet your friends wont appreciate it much.

Edited by Hyperionthethird

You use it when you want to build threat on mutliple mobs. You dont use it if you want to avoid hitting other mobs. Its really a silly question.

The only thing you are really going to miss out on by not using it on a single mob is the accuracy debuff.

You should talent like you are always going to be using force sweep and if you dont want to break some CC you just dont use it.

You use it when you want to build threat on mutliple mobs. You dont use it if you want to avoid hitting other mobs. Its really a silly question.

The only thing you are really going to miss out on by not using it on a single mob is the accuracy debuff.

You should talent like you are always going to be using force sweep and if you dont want to break some CC you just dont use it.

Oh please, it's simple as pie to set up your sweeps to avoid breaking CC. The range is a whopping 4m. Take a few steps back and swing away. Sweep is CORE to the entire JK class. It's also your hardest hitting AoE. In fact, with both the Pacification and Swelling Winds talents, my sweep hits harder than my Blade Storm, also making it excellent damage for single target. If you neglect the attack your purposely gimping yourself.