The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech PvE Armour

Talon_Starfire

There are always two kinds of armor for Bounty Hunters.

You have armor that has higher Aim rating than Endurance rating, and vice versa.

For a tank, I usually try to go for those that focus more on Endurance and then Aim.

Add those def and shield rating modifiers and you have yourself a nice piece of armor :-)

you will still up your aim, allowing you to do decent damage for threat, but you'll be more bulky, which is needed as a tank.

Edited by SpoeMeister

Do the dailies on Ilum and Belsavis for about a week. Grab some orange gear and mod it up

There are 3 heroic dailies that offer mods (armor, enhancement and mod) as rewards. You'll also make about 140k credits doing those and the solo dailies. You can buy barrels and rank 23 armor with daily comms

If you want to buy epic gear, that 140k/day helps, but free mods for now are a good way to start. The mods are also BoE so you can continue doing dailies and sell them

What is good Powertech PvE Armour?

I will most likely use Taugrim's Iron Fist for both PvE & PvP.

Thanks

If you're going Iron Fist, I would hesitantly suggest using Combat Tech armor. The problem with that set, is that the 2-piece bonus borks Carbonize. When I wore that set and used Carbonize, it worked maybe 25% of the time. It's broken, and I don't even know if Bioware has acknowledged the issue.

The other option is to go Supercommando and replace the mods with Power/Crit/Surge mods. Iron Fist + Combat Tech is really nice with the crazy crit chance for Rocket Punch, but I'm sure it will still flourish with the Supercommando set.

If you're going Pyro, I would highly recommend getting 4-piece Columi/Rakata and using PvP pieces in the rest of your slots. I'm tearing it up with that setup. I love it. 8% more damage on Railshot owns.