The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Was thinking a build like this

skidrows

A mix :)

Hate reskilling all the time and my PVP style is more suport then damage, i think its atleast as fun to help your team mates were you simple are a pain in the *** and let them kill, like pulling the enemy to the poison and let them die off that was so fun.

A mix :)

Hate reskilling all the time and my PVP style is more suport then damage, i think its atleast as fun to help your team mates were you simple are a pain in the *** and let them kill, like pulling the enemy to the poison and let them die off that was so fun.

If that is your goal, I think a build like Taugrim's Iron Fist or a Carolina Parakeet build will give you the playstyle you want in PvP while also being quite adequate if your PvE content is mainly HM Flashpoints. The Iron Fist build is going to the better in PvE tanking because of its better mitigation compared to the Carolina Parakeet build.

If you are doing HM Operations, I would just go with a standard PvE Tanking build. You will still be tough to kill in PvP, but you will lack a little control, but not too much to where you are worthless.

Basically, Counter-Attack is 99% worthless in PvP -- it is strictly a PvE mechanic because Shield mitigates very little damage in PvP.

Energy Blast is bad in PvP as well, and there is discussion about its usefulness over Gut in PvE. Basically Energy Blast is the better thanking attack for PvE, but it isn't a "must-have" by any means. You can still hold agro just fine with Gut or Energy Blast.

Something similair to the ironfist spec would suit you best I think. This allows you to tank in pve and harass in pve. I use a similar spec, of 21/18/2 . With this I have great survivability and can do a lot to annoy enemies in pve but i've never going to do huge damage with it.

The Parakeet spec is, imo, utterly horrible unless you have a team mate willing to dress up like Elara Dorn. It has limited survivability and whilst it does pump out damage it drains your ammo like crazy and leaves you largely useless for period of time, which in pvp makes you a waste of space. To me this is a build for people obsessed with topping damage tables at the expense of everything else.

Edited by origional

The Parakeet spec is, imo, utterly horrible unless you have a team mate willing to dress up like Elara Dorn. It has limited survivability and whilst it does pump out damage it drains your ammo like crazy and leaves you largely useless for period of time, which in pvp makes you a waste of space. To me this is a build for people obsessed with topping damage tables at the expense of everything else.

I agree that I don't like the Parakeet Spec. But there is nothing that wrong with it, it fits those player's style. And some can moderate their ammo dump tendency's. If they wanted to top damage table's, wouldn't they go mainly assault and run Plasma Cell instead?

Basically, Counter-Attack is 99% worthless in PvP -- it is strictly a PvE mechanic because Shield mitigates very little damage in PvP.

Energy Blast is bad in PvP as well, and there is discussion about its usefulness over Gut in PvE. Basically Energy Blast is the better thanking attack for PvE, but it isn't a "must-have" by any means. You can still hold agro just fine with Gut or Energy Blast.

Pretty much spot on. Counter attack costs you 9 points to get. (4 points on top of the 21 you need for storm, which is a great pvp ability to have, and then 5 to spec it out for an ability that doesnt work in pvp very well).

Energy Blast was a horrible ability. Gut is much better in pvp. In pve its all about surviving and taunting as a tank. You can easily do the solo content and damage is down to the dps'ers in flashpoints.

Something similair to the ironfist spec would suit you best I think. This allows you to tank in pve and harass in pve. I use a similar spec, of 21/18/2 . With this I have great survivability and can do a lot to annoy enemies in pve but i've never going to do huge damage with it.

I like this spec, only I would personal change is 2 from Containment into Frontline, from a PvE and PvP point of view I think its worth more. You can shutdown most healers and on Bosses like Ironfist you can interupt almost every Headhsot he does.