Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Do you call out left/right or snow/grass?

Michaelphoenix

Only real way to call it. There's snow *********** everywhere except mid. It's Ald...

aye, number of times I said "snow turret" to get a which one is that in ops chat I can't count haha

although there is only really one turret with a crap load of snow around it (the other has more grass around it really), it can be confusing, map directions are so much easier to understand

I use east and west. East is the right one (for republic) and west is the left one (obviously). For republic this is not a problem, but I see how it is for imperials.

However, in voidstar, when defending, which side is left and which side is right?

The first time I heard "snow" or "grass" used to describe a turret was yesterday.

At first I didn't even know what the guy was talking about, but looking down from the spawn site it quickly becomes obvious which is which.

Personally, as long as you can explain to people the difference before the match starts, I think it can be a very effective tool to use to get team mates to a desired location.

Do it enough and you can even just type "s", "g", or "m".

No additional time needed to type in chat.

In other words less talking and more pew pew.

I use east and west. East is the right one (for republic) and west is the left one (obviously). For republic this is not a problem, but I see how it is for imperials.

However, in voidstar, when defending, which side is left and which side is right?

Most groups I played with tend to use left/right watching from where we Rez. Usually when someone says differently we end up with bomb planted :p

Frankly ive given up on people knowing left right with civil war.....so i just started calling it snow side and grass side.....it seems to be a lot more clear to people this way.

much much harder for them to fail at comprehension.

anyone else star this?

No, its been east or west since the game launched. That's probably why people don't respond to other tags. Also, if it takes you more than 2-3 seconds to type east or west, might I suggest you pay attention and actually use your typing classes instead of complaining on game forums.

Why start a new thread on the same topic thats been on the first page for days?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=286805

Frankly ive given up on people knowing left right with civil war.....so i just started calling it snow side and grass side.....it seems to be a lot more clear to people this way.
It is hard to know if you should use the speeder on your left hand side or the speeder on your right hand side when you spawn to help out the edge base that is under attack if you use "snow" or "grass".

People at the center base does not need directions. If you call out for help and the center base is secure - then they will KNOW it is the edge base that need help.

Directions is only for guys that just spawned. So they know which speeder to use. For this "left" and "right" as in "the speeder on your left hand side" or "speeder on your right hand side" is more important.

Instead of giving directions. Focus on telling people how many that are incomming. If you are solo and two attack, then sure - you need help. But if 4-5 people leave center to help you out you might risk losing the center node.

"Inc 3 L" = Center guys know only two guys need to rush for defense and people that spawn know that they should use the speeder on their left hand side.

Edited by Xenon-se

I'm always the guy sitting on the otherwise undefended door so I just yell 'help the other door'

I've been trying to get people to call E and W for East and West. But no, they keep with the left-right bullpoop. Then again, lately they all just rush east at the start and lose with a 2-1. I swear, SWTOR PvP seems to have collected all the morons from across the galaxy. Other MMOs must be heavenly right about now.

Calling something left or right requires people to think about their orientation. For most of us, that isn't difficult. For some, it is.

Calling snow/grass makes this easier, because there's a visual cue people can use.

Be noob-friendly, and the noobs will be friendly to you too.

Calling snow/grass makes this easier, because there's a visual cue people can use.

You don't need directions if you are already standing at a base. Either your base is under attack or it is the OTHER base that is under attack.

You do need directions when you just spawn. This is the only time you need directions. Should you use the speeder on your left hand side, the center speeder or the speeder on your right hand side... Not sure how snow or grass (or east 'n west for that matter) would help more than left or right in that situation.

much much harder for them to fail at comprehension.

anyone else star this?

"east/west" > "right/left"

East and west are not subjective, left and right are.

Calling something left or right requires people to think about their orientation. For most of us, that isn't difficult. For some, it is.

Actually, it makes some of us think about the person calling it out's orientation as well. Trying to figure out how people think is at best a 50-50 deal (usually worse). East/west works.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.