Level 50 Sage - what do I focus on now?

eldelphia

This is probably wider than just Sage but I feel more comfortable asking the question here and please, feel free to point me at relevant threads where necessary.

I just hit 50 and so far I'm a Seer -spec'd Sage on a PvE server and really enjoying myself. I've finished my class quest and have been told to head to Ilum...

I understand that gear progression at this point becomes a little different? So far I've kept myself as uptodate as possible using predominantly modifiable gear. I'm not worried that I won't have things to do... just that I have no idea where to start.

I have valor rank 32 and I am working on getting that to 40 when I believe I can start to get centurion gear? Should I focus on this over other stuff and what other stuff is there? I bought the level 40 PvP gear, is there generic level 50 and is it worth going for?

What are my other options and how do they work? I'm part of a very small guild but not afraid to shout/make friends to get into ops and stuff if needed.

I'm a Seer about to hit 50 as well and am also curious as to this answer.

I've got a mix of purple/orange modded gear right now. I don't want to start the gear grind. As long as I can participate in all the runs and casually have some fun at PvP I'm fine.

This is probably wider than just Sage but I feel more comfortable asking the question here and please, feel free to point me at relevant threads where necessary.

I just hit 50 and so far I'm a Seer -spec'd Sage on a PvE server and really enjoying myself. I've finished my class quest and have been told to head to Ilum...

I understand that gear progression at this point becomes a little different? So far I've kept myself as uptodate as possible using predominantly modifiable gear. I'm not worried that I won't have things to do... just that I have no idea where to start.

I have valor rank 32 and I am working on getting that to 40 when I believe I can start to get centurion gear? Should I focus on this over other stuff and what other stuff is there? I bought the level 40 PvP gear, is there generic level 50 and is it worth going for?

What are my other options and how do they work? I'm part of a very small guild but not afraid to shout/make friends to get into ops and stuff if needed.

There's no valor requirement to use centurion/champion gear. Champions bags are just unique prior to lvl 50. You should definitely start doing your PvP dailies as it's the fastest way to gear up by far prior to operations. In the mean time you can work on the Ilum/Belsavis PvE dailies and get the mods from them to fill out your moddable gear (they're ilvl 50-51 mods so pretty good).

Hard Mode flashpoints and Normal Mode operations could get tough with people in greens/sub-50 gear, so make sure that people are at least decently geared before you try to find a group for that.

Edited by Khadroth

Was in the same boat, and went to HM flashpoints straight up with my guildmates (all fresh lvl 50). Got all my columi gear, then started PvP dailies to get champ gear.

Now I'm working my way to Rakata in the HM ops.

I found the Ilum/Belsavis dailies slow gearing compared to PvP and FP/Ops. The only reason I can see why I'd do them is for Rakata ear + implant.

But if you find the HMs too difficult with Pugs, definitely gather your daily coms and upgrade your orange gear.

There's a good website with FP guides which helped my guild a LOT. Just search Duffys healing corner online.

The guide/site writer is an active forum go-er called Iwipe.

More than anything don't just grind to get gear. The gear wasn't my priority when doing HM/Ops, I mainly wanted to see the content and experience it. (But YES the gear is great :D)

I did a PVP match and only got PVP commendations. How do you get the champion/centurion commendations?

The cent/champ gear is bought from the vendors on the fleet for cent & champ commendations.

To get the cent/champ coms you need to buy champion bags which cost 200 mercenary coms & 200 warzone commendations. You buy these bags at the PvP Vendor near the quest terminal on your fleet.

You can purchase mercenary commendations from that vendor also.

They are bought in bulk of 10, and cost 30 warzone commendations each.

You effectively need 800 warzone commendation to buy one bag.

This is very slow.

A faster way to get the champion bags is from the PvP daily and weekly quests. You can pick these up at the PvP quest terminal on your fleet. They give Bags as reward. Not commendations.

Each bag has 7 champion commendations and 15 centurion commendations. They also have a chance to drop a gear token. This can e traded for a specific champion item. I.E. Bracers token can be traded for champion bracers etc.

If you need any help feel free to PM me with questions. I forget to check threads for replies to my post :L

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.