Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give Battlemasters a reason to not leave doomed matches.

arteous

from thread:

60 Valor = Only wins matter. Not going to waste my time on a lost cause when commendations/valor is worthless to me.

Quoted for truth. Seriously with all the premades republic exploititng groups (12-14 repubs in a warzone/huttball/, speed hackers, invis hackers, voidstar door glitchers) i just want my 3 freaking wins and never que up again till the zones are fixed.

so why should i be punished again?? give me an incentive to actually stay and fight.

Here is my proposal:

1,000 warzone commendations + 500 Champion commendations = 1 Battlemaster token

OR

500 Warzone + 500 champion commendations = 1 battlemaster box with chance at Battlemaster token.

Then i'll consider staying. The system right now only rewards people farming champion/centurion gear and gives no incentive to stick out a losing or pretty much a sure lost game. also doesn't entice anyone BM rank that gets pulled in to an allmost match to stay and try turn things arround.

Right now only way of getting BM gear is to get lucky 2-3 times a week, IF AND ONLY IF they can get their daily 3 wins and weekly 9 wins (let's not even start the boxes and kill bugs in illum) and still have to put up with .. games not counting, opposing faction exploiting to get their daily/weekly done)

Frankly in the state with all the abuse of bugs and exploits it's getting to be less and less fun. I want my gear and i want to have fun in pvp but with the above stated at the moment i just want toget my stuff done and be ready for when bioware fixes things.

Edited by arteous
edited title.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically you play for gear and not for fun? Is that what I understand? Because you said you wanted to play for gear and fun but I don't see the fun when you say you don't want to play if you can't get gear.

What will you do if you get full battlemaster? Will you still warzone?

Edited by snaplemouton

So basically you play for gear and not for fun? Is that what I understand?

way to fail at reading the entire post. Right now with all the warzone exploits going on plus bugs it makes people not care about doing it for fun and just do it to get the gear for when the bugs/exploits are removed. read again pls.

seems you edited your reply so i'm updating mine.

If the exploits were fixed and bugs removed yea i'd be pvping alot more for fun than just to get the gear out of the way for later.

like i said .. as it stands now it's just painfull to try get the daily/weekly done in a day/week .. more like weekly/monthly if you ask me.

Edited by arteous

1,000 warzone commendations + 500 Champion commendations = 1 Battlemaster token

Surely you mean Mercenary commendations instead of Champion commendations. 500 Champion tokens would be just insane.

It is true that something needs to be done. 10-49 level PvP is much more fun right now as it is not an only winning matters game: people are after XP, commendations and valor and you still get all of that if you lose while you get nothing if you leave. Most people play with a more relaxed attitude when it's not "you have to win or you just wasted 15 minutes without getting anything".

My suggestion for the daily would be to make it "gather 7 warzone participation points: a win gives 3, a loss gives 1". The numbers could be changed but there should be some reward for sticking with the group and a bigger reward for winning.

Fixing the wins not counting would be the best first step to reducing the ragefest at lvl 50 warzones, though...

Seriously with all the premades republic exploititng groups (12-14 repubs in a warzone/huttball/, speed hackers, invis hackers, voidstar door glitchers)

As someone not yet at 50, this statement has me curious. Is cheating/hacking/exploiting really that rife in TOR?

As someone not yet at 50, this statement has me curious. Is cheating/hacking/exploiting really that rife in TOR?

Yes, it is... Unfortunately there are sites on the web offering alot of hacking tools to speed up and such... It is said that BW is monitoring you if you use 3rd-party-tools but I doubt it.

Surely you mean Mercenary commendations instead of Champion commendations. 500 Champion tokens would be just insane.

It is true that something needs to be done. 10-49 level PvP is much more fun right now as it is not an only winning matters game: people are after XP, commendations and valor and you still get all of that if you lose while you get nothing if you leave. Most people play with a more relaxed attitude when it's not "you have to win or you just wasted 15 minutes without getting anything".

My suggestion for the daily would be to make it "gather 7 warzone participation points: a win gives 3, a loss gives 1". The numbers could be changed but there should be some reward for sticking with the group and a bigger reward for winning.

Fixing the wins not counting would be the best first step to reducing the ragefest at lvl 50 warzones, though...

yep thanks for the catch. well you know what i meant currency wise. and yea that gather 7 warzone participation points sounds like a great idea.

right now if you have a "real life" and "real job" good luck getting PvP dailies done right now as the system stands in a day. let me think average 9-5 job getting home at 6 spend 2 hrs with family at least and dinner 1 hr maybe. leaves you from 9pm to 12pm to get your daily done .. and squeeze in for weekly.

BOTH WARZONE AND ILLUM you might get your illum done (probably if you are imperial if you're republic on most severs you're sol) and have to que up endlessly for 3 hrs to get 3 wins. last time it took me close to 7 hrs to get the DAILY done, and that was leaving failed voidstars (oposing team steamrolls as they are attacking first), immediately leaving 0-5 huttball matches (or leaving them earlier when everyone isn't even trying to do something other than run in circles) or 1/2 thru a match of allderan with 2 turrets taken by enemy and entire team humping the one turret we hold for 3k defender points. average person with a job and family can not stay up that long and be able to get up for work next day (unless he's maybe a coccaine user??)

I don't want the BM gear grind to be a 1-2 week joke but it should be something doable it should not take 6 months to complete for someone with a job and family. The way warzones are at the moment makes it that bad. if i could get my 3 wins within 3 hours i'd be happy.

Edited by arteous

Leaving matches you're losing is kinda retarded imo.

You do realize that one day there will be rank 70+ gear and you will have to get valor again right?

Me personally I'd rather not be pissed at myself down the road when I realize I probably gave up 2 ranks of valor because "all i cared about was wins".

way to fail at reading the entire post. Right now with all the warzone exploits going on plus bugs it makes people not care about doing it for fun and just do it to get the gear for when the bugs/exploits are removed. read again pls.

seems you edited your reply so i'm updating mine.

If the exploits were fixed and bugs removed yea i'd be pvping alot more for fun than just to get the gear out of the way for later.

like i said .. as it stands now it's just painfull to try get the daily/weekly done in a day/week .. more like weekly/monthly if you ask me.

I'm having fun with my champion gear. I don't care about my valor rank or that I'm missing 2 pieces to be full champion. I just roll with my guild and we get our daily/weekly done without even noticing it because we have fun doing it.

Then I run on my guardian that has only 1 champion piece and still have fun because I score that huttball while bulldozing my way thru the few yards away from the score line with all CD and adrenals popped.

I can also run on my scoundrel for under 50 warzones in my made up spec and laugh everytime I kick someone in the balls.

I play for fun. So I'll never understand why people play for exploits or pure grinding. Like if this game was a job.

Leaving matches you're losing is kinda retarded imo.

You do realize that one day there will be rank 70+ gear and you will have to get valor again right?

Me personally I'd rather not be pissed at myself down the road when I realize I probably gave up 2 ranks of valor because "all i cared about was wins".

If i never left matches i'd all most never get the daily done.

edit:

heck raid nights i'm on up to the wee hours of the morning sometimes due to having to put off trying to do the pvp dailies till AFTER raids are over.

Edited by arteous

I don't think Bioware have thought this one out clearly yet. If a BM on the smaller faction there is very little incentive to do more than just your PvP dailies in the most cynical way possible at the moment. After valr 60 you really can just cut and run if the going looks a little tough.

Lot of people don't have fun unless there's a sense of progression. =/

Any proper MMO player knows this.

And not just single track gear progression...Many different progressions. This is what Bioware completely missed in this game...They thought gear progression alone was enough to keep people hooked. WRONG, gear is just ONE of the needed progression tracks.

Noob devs...

Any proper MMO player knows this.

And not just single track gear progression...Many different progressions. This is what Bioware completely missed in this game...They thought gear progression alone was enough to keep people hooked. WRONG, gear is just ONE of the needed progression tracks.

Noob devs...

I guess I'm the only one who care about my guild progression, my skills progression and my good memories progression.

How about: 1 Hour lockout for Leavers?

You leave cause of your win-win maxing = crappy game for the rest.

Thanks for thinking on your teammates.

I miss games that weren't flooded with players only focused on gear. If you don't enjoy the PvP, what do you need the PvP gear for?

Yep. There were games people played for fun... nowadays (WoW-Era), you have to wave with pupilz.

I so wait for rated warzones, where you get Extraspecial Gear for the FOTM-Premade wins.. aka Arena... Gear should never be a deciding point.

Edited by Kheldras

If i never left matches i'd all most never get the daily done.

edit:

heck raid nights i'm on up to the wee hours of the morning sometimes due to having to put off trying to do the pvp dailies till AFTER raids are over.

You're not supposed to finish the daily every day, that is a wrong assumption on your part.

Secondly, if you're just leaving the match as soon as you do not win, what is the sense behind playing at all? In PvP you sometimes fail and you just don't win and get no rewards. If you only care about winning, why not just join minigames until you find one where your team is already 5-0 in the lead and stay there? PvP itself should be rewarding, if you only want to win and get rewards you might as well just quit.

I really hope they penalize players for actually leaving a warzone early. It makes no sense no to. I'm sick of people only joining winning teams and leaving as soon as the enmy team scores but one point. I'm sure a bot could do that better for you.

Edited by GruulTapul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.