Operative is Underpowered

xkanne

Nowdays when almost all have BM gear on we see that Operatives are becoming a joke.

We are a Brust class w/o any brust and survivability in compare to any other class.

Another dumb thing is making PVP sets which need to be upgrade ....

Lets say You buy full Champion and You need to buy few Medic's champion gloves to swap Mods for Crit/surge.

50/50 Champion/Battlemaster Gear.

1636 Cunning

36,41% Crit

81,49% Crit Mult

690,4 Tech bonus dmg

431,4 Bonus Dmg

104,72% Accuracy

+ power Adrenal 565 Dmg

+ power Relic 355 dmg

614 Expertise

Hidden Strike (base skill energy damage 2063-2160) hit (with adrenals/relic) 1700 (common) - 3200 (rare). (Cloth users w/o bubble)

Once per game 4000+- (probly guy with no expertise).

NEVER i say NEVER 5k ...

This game is totaly unbalanced.

Try to fight with heavy armor class with similar gear.

Pyrotech / Merc

(You making 500-800 backstab and HS for 600-1100 while they hit You minimum 3k - 5k all the time).

No wonder almost nobody play this class.

I known 60% population are Inqusitors/BountyHunter & 35% (Sith warr) mostly Marauders now cose of DMG buff and 5% IA... wondering why ?

Last patch:

Surge nerf.

Edited by xkanne

Nowdays when almost all have BM gear on we see that Operatives are becoming a joke.

We are a Brust class w/o any brust and survivability in compare to any other class.

Another dumb thing is making PVP sets which need to be upgrade ....

Lets say You buy full Champion and You need to buy few Medic's champion gloves to swap Mods for Crit/surge.

50/50 Champion/Battlemaster Gear.

1636 Cunning

36,41% Crit

81,49% Crit Mult

690,4 Tech bonus dmg

431,4 Bonus Dmg

104,72% Accuracy

+ power Adrenal 565 Dmg

+ power Relic 355 dmg

614 Expertise

Hidden Strike (base skill energy damage 2063-2160) hit (with adrenals/relic) 1700 (common) - 3200 (rare). (Cloth users w/o bubble)

Once per game 4000+- (probly guy with no expertise).

NEVER i say NEVER 5k ...

This game is totaly unbalanced.

Try to fight with heavy armor class with similar gear.

Pyrotech / Merc

(You making 500-800 backstab and HS for 600-1100 while they hit You minimum 3k - 5k all the time).

No wonder almost nobody play this class.

I known 60% population are Inqusitors/BountyHunter & 35% (Sith warr) mostly Marauders now cose of DMG buff and 5% IA... wondering why ?

Last patch:

Surge nerf.

i play a pyro merc in almost full champ gear (some pieces are still centurion) and i have never even critted for 4k. max was like 3800 with sticky grenade. dunno where u get them "3k - 5k all the time"... or are you talking about occasional crits under relic/adrenal?

well, anyway, most of your statements are false. like that everyone's wearing a bm gear or scoundrels/operatives not able to kill anyone. i've been killed countless times by some my server's best scoundrels after the patch and i'm not the worst geared merc on the server...

If You never hit for 4k on BH (MERC Arsenal) that menas your statements are false and yes i known. Check any WZ TOP DPS or any semi geared Merc on WZ they always do above 4k dmg+ Dont forget Operative is PURE DMG class while Powertech is not. Second thing Merc Pyrotech its not about HIGH Single dmg its constant burst dmg. Next thing You have HEAVY armor im in Med. I understand spaming 3 buttons its cool for You but some players demand more from combat.

@heilhead

Hai :) If I may say few words. I'm playin' Arsenal Merc, my gameplay comes up to facerolling 2 - 3 buttons > 3x Tracer Missile ( which crits for 2-3k with 124 rating Blaster ) and Heartseeker Missile - where crits can reach 4,5k ~. I just spam those 2 buttons for whole warzone, and I can reach 600k dmg while second place has.. umm.. 200k?

Also when operative opens on me, I just put my +25% shield and they can crit me up to 900, then I just troll with Missiles again.

@ Agreed with kanne, I'm a BOUNTY HUNTER myself - I'm just sayin' it's OP and most boring class ever.

Yeah, OP's are fine the way they are now. Last thing I want is for it to go back to perma-stun/burst down 12k HP in 4 seconds. That crap got old real fast. And that is coming from a healer using ultimate med kits so they were doing more than 12k dmg.

So if OP's get a dmg increase, I want my shield to prevent all snares, CC, slows, shock, grapple, force push, etc. LOL

if You have 12k HP in full Battlemaster or even Champion well You failed.

Second thing i played BH on my Brother account spaming tracer missiles vs my Operative and lol i killed him every game w/o running and doing more than spam 1 button. Cool balance.

1 Button to rull them all.

Edited by xkanne

I'm only level 48, so no I don't have full battlemaster or champion for that matter. I do have all orange with maxed out mods and expertise enhancements to help in the lowbie bracket. It's only 88 expertise but that's good for the bracket since most don't have any. Yet still, they were pwning me pre-patch.

Now, I can survive their ridiculous burst and escape most of the time. I can see how it worked well in PvE. And I can see how it works ok in PvP. But we aren't elite mobs with 30k health.

While we are at it, take away their in-combat stealth. I can't seethe in combat, you shouldn't get a break either. And if I put a DoT on you, you should not be able to sit there in stealth.

4x lvl And You complain hahahahah thx to players like You this game is so so so unbalanced.

I known You got owned by FULL battlemaster (or close to that) Operatives i understand that it was fast clean death. BUT he was 50 lvl and probly TOP PVP gear what You expect ???.

TBH all good geared classes with high expertise HIT insane some of them until now and AOE.

Now reality is difrent at 50 lvl with TOP PVP gear on WE hit low while other classes hit us V. HARD. Fact is Fact play a bit longer gain PVP gear with expertise and You will see how it works, Operative is totaly no challange for BH.

Another thing dont talk for things what You have totaly no idea sience You not even in 50 lvl Bracket (with Expertise).

I'm talking about the <50 lowbie brackets. I fully expect some level 50 specc'd out OP to ROFL stomp me.

I'm talking about same level or lower wearing green/blues being able to burst me down so fast I can't do anything. That's not pvp. It typically takes 2-3 people to kill me. But 1 OP was killing me in 4 seconds pre-patch. That's not balance.

Edited by Necrodiety

if You have 12k HP in full Battlemaster or even Champion well You failed.

Second thing i played BH on my Brother account spaming tracer missiles vs my Operative and lol i killed him every game w/o running and doing more than spam 1 button. Cool balance.

1 Button to rull them all.

Most people just starting in Warzones at level 50 don't even have Centurion gear. The problem with Operatives/Scoundrels was that they were eating people alive in a matter of seconds by themselves. A Scoundrel with no PvP gear would kill, for example, a Juggernaut with no PvP gear in around 6 seconds. Even if they didn't manage to kill you with the opening bursts your health was so low that it didn't take them much longer to do you in. The combination of insane burst damage mixed with healing, the ability to jump back into stealth (on a long cooldown ofcourse but in line with other emergency buttons), and plenty of CC at their disposal meant that pretty much the only class that could go toe-to-toe with them were Mercenaries/Commandos.

I agree that Mercenaries/Commandos need a look as they just seem to do way too much damage with little trade-off. However if your basis of argument is that your favorite class is underpowered becase another is overpowered the answer is not to buff your class alone because that puts Operatives/Scoundrels right back to where they were before, overpowered. The answer is to either nerf the current overpowered class or buff all classes except them.

Then You will need to nerf all others ( cose Marauders/Juggs ) can hit 5k+ too and they do AOE dmg. I known i like to be unbeatable but thats not the point of game. We dont hit 5K+ single target why other classes hit 5k AOE ? why other classec can spam 1 button to get 4k+ w/o moving from place ?. Thats not balance. And yes OP are underpower. Play OP and then talk. Edited by xkanne

Then You will need to nerf all others ( cose Marauders/Juggs ) can hit 5k+ too and they do AOE dmg. I known i like to be unbeatable but thats not the point of game. We dont hit 5K+ single target why other classes hit 5k AOE ? why other classec can spam 1 button to get 4k+ w/o moving from place ?. Thats not balance. And yes OP are underpower. Play OP and then talk.

Lol I don't need to play Operatives or Scoundrels to know that A) they were overpowered, and B) that they're not underpowered now it's just not faceroll anymore for them and those who played them when they were overpowered still aren't use to actually having to try. My Sniper, Juggernaut, and Vanguard can still get their butts kicked when a Scoundrel or Operative pops out of stealth and hammers them. I've watched them CC me, stand right in front of me, heal themselves to full, and blast away at me and kill me pretty quickly. I've watched them notice they were losing to me, hit their emergency stealth button and slink away somewhere else to hide or re-engage me and unload on me again. You're not underpowered. You're on more even ground now. You thought you were leet when you were owning people and now it's not so easy so your reaction is to claim you were nerfed too hard and now all other classes are superior to yours. It's not the case. The only class that needs a serious balance check right now is Mercenary/Commando.

Imho BH (DMG and survivability)/ SORC (Bubble and CC ability) / SITH WAR (DMG) need balance. Ofc You dont see 5k+ AOE smash ?

5k AoE Smash. Only possible by going heavy into the Rage tree and that spec pretty much offers nothing more than one way to slow someone down and a big AoE crit. A crit that is reliant on a 4 stack buff from one of two abilities and the use of another ability out of two to guarantee the crit. All of them with cooldowns ranging from 15 seconds to 1 minute and requiring you to blow 3 or 4 global cooldowns before you can use Smash and hope to god they don't manage to run away from you because believe it or not the AoE is a small area around the Warrior. The spec does not do the damage of other classes outside of a 5k Smash crit (mind you a 5k Smash crit is only possible with high end gear). Infact it is that 5k crit that allows them to be competitive. No stealth. No healing. Weak CC compared to other classes. DPS Juggernauts have weak emergency buttons. Marauders have a button they push near death to basically make them invincible for about 6 seconds, one to reduce basic attack accuracy of their opponent to nill for 5 seconds, and a 4-second stealth. What do you do if they do that? Push your own emergency button and wait for theirs to go away. You still do good damage and you still have some burst. You can heal. You have strong CC. You have stealth. As I said the only class you'll have trouble against and the one class everyone is having trouble against is a Mercenary.

• 3 weeks later...
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

if you say operatives are underpowered you should not be playing this game i mean seriously almost 6 k damage in a single hit that is just ridiculous

5k AoE Smash. Only possible by going heavy into the Rage tree and that spec pretty much offers nothing more than one way to slow someone down and a big AoE crit. A crit that is reliant on a 4 stack buff from one of two abilities and the use of another ability out of two to guarantee the crit. All of them with cooldowns ranging from 15 seconds to 1 minute and requiring you to blow 3 or 4 global cooldowns before you can use Smash and hope to god they don't manage to run away from you because believe it or not the AoE is a small area around the Warrior. The spec does not do the damage of other classes outside of a 5k Smash crit (mind you a 5k Smash crit is only possible with high end gear). Infact it is that 5k crit that allows them to be competitive. No stealth. No healing. Weak CC compared to other classes. DPS Juggernauts have weak emergency buttons. Marauders have a button they push near death to basically make them invincible for about 6 seconds, one to reduce basic attack accuracy of their opponent to nill for 5 seconds, and a 4-second stealth. What do you do if they do that? Push your own emergency button and wait for theirs to go away. You still do good damage and you still have some burst. You can heal. You have strong CC. You have stealth. As I said the only class you'll have trouble against and the one class everyone is having trouble against is a Mercenary.

i can vouch for that i have only killed a handful of operatives in my time as a guardian and believe me im good i do 400 K damage a game i know what im doing but those operatives pretty much destroy everyone

I play a 50 Operative in full Champ and a BH tank in full random crap.

I don't fear Operatives. I stun them and move out of range and they are no threat. I also know how they play so if one is near I knock them out of stealth with a fire AOE.

My operative destroys people half dead or poorly geared/played characters. I do not charge someone in full champion or better gear. Most of the time that means death unless they are a light wearer that has blown their cool downs. Even then a Sorc is an issue because of how fast they can get away and heal. I usually leave those guys alone unless they are already engaged.

Operatives are not useful for taking out 1 on 1 unless the player is just poorly geared. They are best at helping another player finish a fight.