BM gear useless for non PVErs?

Arkhlin

Hey all,

First, let me give some background info. Arsenal Merc with 600+ expertise. PVP'd from lvl 10 and leveled stricly through PVP until about 35-36 (only doing class quests out of necessity). I was valor 48 once I finally reached character level 50. Nearly all of my mods in my champ gear are crit/surge (stolen from champ medic gloves), sitting around 35% crit and 84% surge rating. Took a while to get where I wanted, but it wasn't that hard to do since the champion medic set had such tasty mods.

So I've been BM for about 2weeks now and started to finally get some BM comms. I was comparing stats on the set and realized that accuracy seems to be the prominent stat on BOTH the eliminator set as well as the Combat Medic set. Being that I can't raid (due to work schedule) I obviously won't have access to Rakata level mods to swap into my BM gear. Since BM is really only 4-5 point stat increase, is it really nothing more than just a set for Torian to look cool in while I'm rolling in my champ set?

I guess what I'm asking is, anyone else running into the same problem? I kinda like the coloring on the BM set but I'd hate to see my crit and surge take a dump simply for aesthetics. Am I doomed to live in my champ gear as a non PVEr while Torian gets to ride around in my hard earned BM comms? Any advice/information is appreciated!

you can change the mods or either use some BM commandation to buy other classes' gear pieces that have the mods that you like, so that way takes more effort but you can do it as you want

Yes, I know I can change the mods. My problem is, I don't have access to mods of comparable levels since I don't raid. BM = rakata level mods, champ = columni, and centurion = Tionese.

Also, BM comms only have a 25% chance to drop from a whopping 2 bags a day (doing both dailies). So as much as I'd love to rip them from other class armors I simply don't have enough to even finish building MY set.

You could also do daily PvE quests for Rakata gear, no?

i think rakata comes from HM raid and NM raid only, but every time i think i know something someone proves me wrong... hoping that happens again :)

fyi rakata > BM for pve, will look at the enhancements tonight to see if its possible to make super BM gear.

Edited by Yazule

rakata comes from hardmode or nightmare mode operations. There is no commendations that will get u rakata either. This is just from memory but i think some really good mods drop from normal mode. Too lazy to look it up but they could be what you are looking for.

you might just have to join a couple raids. I mean timewise, a geared group can fly through operations. I know eternity vault takes under an hour if no wipes.