PVP's Imbalance

Diffuse

sadly the pvp is disgustingly imbalanced.... if you cannot see that, well then its not for me to explain it to you because you have zero idea of imbalance... and no I have full purples with over 800 expertise and still the imbalance exists? why because you have classes that can do things other classes cannot, for example leaving combat at a sliver of life to get away while 3-4 people are killing that person!! if one class can do that and the others cannot... well my friend that is imbalance!! you don't give classes certain abilities that make them overpowered to other classes, that defines imbalance!!! Why not scale everyone to lvl 10 and then you'll see who's got pvp skill! Otherwise imbalance and lack of a viable pvp system will never occur!!

so basically you want every class to be the same? whats the point of having a different class?

This is a great idea lets have one class called republic, the other called empire. we will give these the same exact spells. this will be super interesting :)

Srsyly Reroll and have a nice day

<---- Trooper here and i still get 400k+ damage and still getting my medals and im not a BM and im not complaining being the only class that cant win a 1v1 duel with anything because it takes forever to cast and we have no ZOMG buttons for pvp like everyone else. I got a heal and gun and dont go QQ on a forum because someone stealth and got away. I play and melt faces cause i got skills. Get on my lvl bro!

sadly the pvp is disgustingly imbalanced.... if you cannot see that, well then its not for me to explain it to you because you have zero idea of imbalance... and no I have full purples with over 800 expertise and still the imbalance exists? why because you have classes that can do things other classes cannot, for example leaving combat at a sliver of life to get away while 3-4 people are killing that person!! if one class can do that and the others cannot... well my friend that is imbalance!! you don't give classes certain abilities that make them overpowered to other classes, that defines imbalance!!! Why not scale everyone to lvl 10 and then you'll see who's got pvp skill! Otherwise imbalance and lack of a viable pvp system will never occur!!

Yep, what i thought. Rage post cuz got owned.

Actually lets look at the truth of PVP in MMOs.

Bad players insist on getting gear so they can OP the other players not thru talent but gear.

The guys that play the most are not better they out gear the others by miles.

So you get OP on one side and disaster on the other side.

Let me ask a honest question to everyone:

Does the NFL give 10 yard every win to the winner permanently forever?

Does the NBA give 4 free throws to the winner permanently forever?

So why does SWTOR give better gear to the winner?

Really do you see the logic here? The reason people want gear is to make up for lack of talent.

If talent was the only reason to win then 90% of the players would quit as they suck.

Every single person I ever have talked to thinks they are great in PVP, truth is it is the gear.

So now we have a imbalance that is worse ever singe day and impossible to fix, GG you fail.

Bad players insist on getting gear so they can OP the other players not thru talent but gear.

Really do you see the logic here? The reason people want gear is to make up for lack of talent.

If talent was the only reason to win then 90% of the players would quit as they suck.

Every single person I ever have talked to thinks they are great in PVP, truth is it is the gear.

So now we have a imbalance that is worse ever singe day and impossible to fix, GG you fail.

You aren't one of those people that think we will all play warzones for no rewards are you? Progression is there for a reason. Without it the game would be boring.

You aren't one of those people that think we will all play warzones for no rewards are you? Progression is there for a reason. Without it the game would be boring.

Actually the most fun I ever had in a MMO was when WoW had 3 day fights that no one ever won.

I played for 10 hours the first day only got honor. I had no chance of buying anything as I was not getting the needed token to buy anything. I did this for 3 days and loved it.

Everyone had the same gear and you did not feel like a underdog and that alone makes the game fun to play. Being a underdog sucks and alway sucks and is not fun.

Being equal means if you lose you have no excuse at all for losing.

Look show me any sport in the world anywhere that is fun when the other side gets a advantage every time?

It is like Tic Tac Toe and you have zero chance of winning as the other side gets to go first always. PVP in SWTOR feels the same way. The longer you play the more obvious it is that talent has nothing to do with the Imp imbalance over Rep.

Many things could be done but all the OP would whine like crazy as talent would count.

Edited by Metalmac

The NFL, NBA, MLB give trophies, rings hall of fames, things that will last forever, for being "PART OF A TEAM" that works well enough to win games/ post season playoff games the big game. also millions of dollars. but this is why they play for the reward.

The bad lvl 50's in full champ or BM Gear are noticeable. ususally never top anything and middle of the pack and no one cares for them. i actually enjoyed the old 10-50 and still rolling the 50's who had gear while i was still lvling.

The truth is playing a commando with champ gear and rolling other ppl in champ/bM gear.

Granted i do hit hard but i dont have a sprint, a stealth element of suprise, ZOMG button to save my life. i gotta stand there and cast hope ppl dont notice or LOS me, i dont have a charge to jump at ppl, i dont have a pull to draw ppl to me. 400K+ damage and 8+ medals to boot i think i got skill. i earned my gear. does it give me more survivability and more damage ya but it doesnt make up for the fact that as a trooper all i am is a DPS and FLAT OUT a dps who has no way to get away or survive a brutal beating like most other classes. I think the game is fair and i dont care if someone can pin me down and spam me for 5k ill get my happy self up. go find him spamming someone start spamming him for all i got and leave him facepalmed for letting me free cast for more than 5 seconds

The imbalance and ridiculous crap within the PvP system is so poor its disgusting!!! When is something going to be done about the lack of balance?

I know right!

When I fight people they come to the forums and make threads like these!

It's a endless cycle of omg!

Right! Right!

Right?

Err.. :p

The bad lvl 50's in full champ or BM Gear are noticeable. ususally never top anything and middle of the pack and no one cares for them.

The middle of the pack people are most likely the ones who are winning the game for people like you who think damage / medals is everything. They are the ones guarding the door where no one is at so that it doesn't get ninja'd. They are the ones grabbing the huttball and capping it. They are the ones guarding turrets in Civil War.

You get the same advantage as the other players do per time spent. So some people invest more time than you do? Why should you get "free" what others play extensively to gt. you don't want to work for something? Fine, but don't complain when others who are willing to put in the work get the reward.

As to your very poorly thought out NFL analogy, you are actually dead wrong. NFL players who put in more work (practice and train more) do get advantages over those who don't. Their gear in this case is better physical conditioning and skills.

The middle of the pack people are most likely the ones who are winning the game for people like you who think damage / medals is everything. They are the ones guarding the door where no one is at so that it doesn't get ninja'd. They are the ones grabbing the huttball and capping it. They are the ones guarding turrets in Civil War.

actually no im the one they leave alone at the door at voidstar from the get. Guess what they dont cap my door, im the one that goes after the imp healer who cant die for some odd reason, but i get my 400k+ cause i do my jon i stay alive and keep ppl off the door, do u think id have full champ gear if i did nothing to contribute to the win?

I get my 3k defender points. i do gaurd that turret tooth and nail and pray to god someone can bail me out. so i can go recharge cells, spam heal myself and get right back into a dog fight. i do pass the ball in huttball, i do heal those in need when i can cause guess what. im ranged so standing on the door AOE isnt my job its ranged AOE on that door for me sorry if i dont die as often cause i know how to survive because i have no option but to learn to survive. if i didnt learn id have to reroll

You get the same advantage as the other players do per time spent. So some people invest more time than you do? Why should you get "free" what others play extensively to gt. you don't want to work for something? Fine, but don't complain when others who are willing to put in the work get the reward.

As to your very poorly thought out NFL analogy, you are actually dead wrong. NFL players who put in more work (practice and train more) do get advantages over those who don't. Their gear in this case is better physical conditioning and skills.

Agreed!!!!

so basically you want every class to be the same? whats the point of having a different class?

This is a great idea lets have one class called republic, the other called empire. we will give these the same exact spells. this will be super interesting :)

Srsyly Reroll and have a nice day

<---- Trooper here and i still get 400k+ damage and still getting my medals and im not a BM and im not complaining being the only class that cant win a 1v1 duel with anything because it takes forever to cast and we have no ZOMG buttons for pvp like everyone else. I got a heal and gun and dont go QQ on a forum because someone stealth and got away. I play and melt faces cause i got skills. Get on my lvl bro!

like i said in my previous post... you clearly don't understand the concept of balance!! you actually make me laugh a little just at your comments... You cannot give classes certain innate abilities like that in pvp... in pve they are fine and useful.. but in pvp to balance the combat system giving classes abilities that allow that behavior to happen is the definition of imbalance!!! There is no reason any class should be able to drop out of combat invis and run away while IN PVP or PVP warzone (more so in the warzone) It should be designed to be fair to all classes!!! Thats the whole point...

Here's an analogy your small mind may comprehend!!

If you were sitting at a table of poker players and you were being beaten over and over again because a guy was just stacking the deck in his favor every hand.. Would you just attribute his winnings to just he knows how to play? Or would see that he was stacking the deck to his favor to gain an edge against you and beat you every hand? There needs to be some definite fixes to the pvp system, it's not perfect it will never be perfect, but the obvious inconsistencies are apparent across all realms and all warzones from Imperial to Republic.

like i said in my previous post... you clearly don't understand the concept of balance!! you actually make me laugh a little just at your comments... You cannot give classes certain innate abilities like that in pvp... in pve they are fine and useful.. but in pvp to balance the combat system giving classes abilities that allow that behavior to happen is the definition of imbalance!!! There is no reason any class should be able to drop out of combat invis and run away while IN PVP or PVP warzone (more so in the warzone) It should be designed to be fair to all classes!!! Thats the whole point...

Here's an analogy your small mind may comprehend!!

If you were sitting at a table of poker players and you were being beaten over and over again because a guy was just stacking the deck in his favor every hand.. Would you just attribute his winnings to just he knows how to play? Or would see that he was stacking the deck to his favor to gain an edge against you and beat you every hand? There needs to be some definite fixes to the pvp system, it's not perfect it will never be perfect, but the obvious inconsistencies are apparent across all realms and all warzones from Imperial to Republic.

Poker- game designed to have your hand delt at random chance... Object of the game learn opponents tells and make the best guess you can. Stacking deck = cheating actual cheating

If you have a class that can stealth that is a class ability given to them, if you have one that can heal or tank thier ability the difference in abilities is what draws some players to it, if you took away stealth from those who already have it\, especially those who have become accustomed to a stealth class and have always been stealth ( Druid, Rouge) from wow. thats cheating them. could they fix the damage numbers yes. but to actually change the dynamics and or way to play a class is completely unfair.

Its one of those if you cant beat them join them. those stealthies you talk about annoy me as well. but i can beat them given the right circumstances. I play a gunny trooper ( could use some ZOMG buttons) to live through the things every other class can stealth, sprint away charge at someone grab someone w/e) but i dont have it and i still do better than 90% of the ppl u QQ about cause i work hard for it.if the make the game better fine if they dont idc. but to change the game completely as you want would be an Epic fail for Bio ware and they should scrap this game and make another and try again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.