So Devs found out why WZ wins were not counting.

Acyu

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know who was first? It could be a player on the opposing side.

Oh for gods sakes. We are merely suggesting this might not be the root of the problem because we are genuinely interested in Bioware providing a permanent and effective solution to the issue. We're not calling your mother fat.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The bug is totally random so it fits to what they are saying is the reason.

I know a lot of guys say it happens a lot when the que is bugged "exploited".....which makes sense if the first player is on the other side of a 12 man team....he might leave more often than not in frustration.

Just hope it's over....getting 3 wins is not that bad...but having to win 7 to get 3 to count just sucks.

As you wish.

You have not provided any counter evidence to suggest that it is not true, therefore your own statement is not only anecdotal, but pointless and embarassing. Good job!

I retract my previous statement and offer instead the statement: "In my personal experience with premades."

Dear douche,

saying "NUHU!" disproves nothing.

/getproffesionalhelpplzplz

I dont need to provide counter evidence to the cause, as i am not deluded enough to presume to know the cause. All i have said is you dont know enough about how the game works to presume to know the exact cause, and then told you why.

You have yet to refute any of my technical points.

Edited by NoseNuggets

This has happened to me in many pre-made games that not a single person has left.

I have gotten credit for a win in games that the first person to enter has left so its unlikely that this is the problem

Can't be sure, since the first person to enter can be on the other side and will increase likely quit if their side is losing.

Still, hoping it's the only reason for this bug but have my doubts.

To compound things, I've noticed a lot of people will join a game and then immediately leave if the team doesn't look stacked. If that guy was the first person to join the WZ, then that means there's no way anybody could have a win that count regardless of the outcome. Of course, we'll have to assume it is likely that the losing team will leave the WZ, and it's a 50% chance that the first person in WZ is on the losing team. So when you put all that together, you should expect more than half of the wins to not count, which is pretty consistent with my experience.

To Crowleyz:

P.S. In case you're wondering, I actually agree with your friend. You shouldn't toss words around like that and expect no one to notice the flaw in your statement.

Nice job explaining how they are both trolls and then side with the first troll on your personal troll opinion lol very Logical indeed!

because with the win/loss being recorded hinged on the first player to join the wz remaining for the duration, then you wouldn't necessarily be aware they left if they where on the other team.

That would be neither here nor there to the fact that winning 6-1 is 100% chance to get the win to count.

That would be neither here nor there to the fact that winning 6-1 is 100% chance to get the win to count.

so you're saying that because a 6-1 victory always counts as a win, there is zero possibility that if the first person to join a wz then quits, it could effects the way a win is recorded?

i just want to make sure we are on the same page.

so you're saying that because a 6-1 victory always counts as a win, there is zero possibility that if the first person to join a wz then quits, it could effects the way a win is recorded?

i just want to make sure we are on the same page.

I am saying that at some point the 'first person to join' would have left on my side during a 6-1 win. I have played zillions (er a lot) of huttball where we force 6-1's. It just isn't feasible to have a 100% chance for it to score as a win if there is a possibility that if the 'first person to join' leaves we don't get credit for the win. At some point in the zillions of 6-1 games I am sure the 'first person to join' has left/crashed/been booted etc.

So when I say we have 100% chance for the game to count as 6-1 win I am saying there must be more than one thing working against that win count.

Edited by Ferrydust

I am saying that at some point the 'first person to join' would have left on my side during a 6-1 win. I have played zillions (er a lot) of huttball where we force 6-1's. It just isn't feasible to have a 100% chance for it to score as a win if there is a possibility that if the 'first person to join' leaves we don't get credit for the win. At some point in the zillions of 6-1 games I am sure the 'first person to join' has left/crashed/been booted etc.

So when I say we have 100% chance for the game to count as 6-1 win I am saying there must be more than one thing working against that win count.

I've won games 6-1 and had it not count... I've lost games 6-1 and seen people from the other team QQing in general about how it didnt count.

Also Huttball isnt the only WZ to have the bug appear. So either there are multiple seperate bugs, one related to the score and another that affects voidstar, and then another that affects alderaan, or maybe we could use Occam's Razor and admit that you probably don't know as much as the people that MADE the game and that instead of 2 or 3 bugs there is probably just one that affects all of the WZs.

no one is arguing against this point. all i am saying is that the first person in a wz leaving is a contributing factor to the win not being counted, as confirmed by the patch notes.

this does not mean its the only contributing factor, and due to your observations it would be logical to deduct that there is something unique about a 6-1 win that circumvents whatever bug is encountered when the first wz player leaves mid game in all other win scenarios (6-0, 6-2, etc).

make sense?

I wonder if that was the cause, or even the "sole" cause of wins not counting.

I hope it is, and I hope this issue is not dragged on for another patch after 1.1.3.

Is the first person in by default the leader?

If so, should be easy for them to fix I think.

no one is arguing against this point. all i am saying is that the first person in a wz leaving is a contributing factor to the win not being counted, as confirmed by the patch notes.

this does not mean its the only contributing factor, and due to your observations it would be logical to deduct that there is something unique about a 6-1 win that circumvents whatever bug is encountered when the first wz player leaves mid game in all other win scenarios (6-0, 6-2, etc).

make sense?

yes. :)

I don't believe you. Sorry. I have way too much time into this to accept that a 6-1 win didn't count.

Sorry, I don't believe you, I had a 6-1 not count today, and last month, the first time someone in the WZ made us force them score so that it would be 6-1, guess what, it didn't count then, this 6-1 is a placebo effect with zero actual statistical correlation.

Is the first person in by default the leader?

If so, should be easy for them to fix I think.

The leader of the Warzone Ops is the person the game deems to have the best gear. Note that the game places very strange values on what's 'best' gear but it is definitely consistent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.