cyan and purple crystals

TrueAce

As a Sith Warrior, may I wear your Jedi robes, also?

Some things are going to be faction specific, zzzzz

This sort of thing makes me troll the game out of frustration.

Because I absolutely hate so many thing about playing a Consular (primarily looking like a twit during gameplay), I play an Assassin and insist that I'm actually on the Republic.

Annoying and immature, yes. But it helps me keep from resorting to Second Life just for a little freedom.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey look, a bunch of Empire players, happy that they alone can use one of the most wanted saber colors telling everyone else to stop whining. Wow, what a shock.

Here's a thought, make the imperial only sabers light red. Which is basically what the Republic get. We get a lighter version of a light side color.

Why not make purple a neutral color like it should be, and give sith a lighter shade of red.

After all, all you Empire players are really arguing for faction-unique items, and that aesthetics mean nothing, so of course, you'd have no problem simply having a different unique color.....RIGHT?

Edited by Fiachsidhe

I think bw really missed a really cool oppurtunity with the crystal concept

They should have made it a spectrum

Blue: can't use if dark 1 or up

green: can't use if dark 2 or up

yellow: everyone can use or you can't use it if your rank 3 or p

orange: can't use if light 2 or up

red: can use if light 1 or up

With the exotic color going for raid content (purple,cyan,magenta, and white)and the same with high end pvp gear but with black cores.

I think bw really missed a really cool oppurtunity with the crystal concept

They should have made it a spectrum

Blue: can't use if dark 1 or up

green: can't use if dark 2 or up

yellow: everyone can use or you can't use it if your rank 3 or p

orange: can't use if light 2 or up

red: can use if light 1 or up

With the exotic color going for raid content (purple,cyan,magenta, and white)and the same with high end pvp gear but with black cores.

Or they could have just made them unrestricted and let the community develop variety on its own.

If 50% of the playerbase were all using purple or cyan sabers, would anyone think of them as status symbols? No. And then people would use whatever color they want, and there wouldn't be threads like this one.

Hey look, a bunch of Empire players, happy that they alone can use one of the most wanted saber colors telling everyone else to stop whining. Wow, what a shock.

LOL, so true! What I am pissed about the whole thing is the artifice crafting skill. I can't make any different colors then the generics. I am starting to see why people have been saying just get biochem.

Edited by LordSkyKnight

I assume this site is cannon enough. Basically Sith used Red crystals because they make their own crystals to remain hidden and did not have easy access to natural ones. Man-made or Synth-crystals normally appear red but could be made other colors if the effort was put forth. From reading that page it looks like it became a badge of honor. So no there is really no lore reason for them to change in it the game beyond most people would not know the lore.

I think it would have been better if they had a story line quest in the game where we got to make a Synth-crystal and they explain why it is red. Then let people choose after that if they still want to go for other colors.

Hopefully they will not remove the faction restriction.

If you want Rebel stuff, play Rebel.

If you want Imperial stuff, play that faction.

/thread

Who are these "Rebels" you speak of? We're the MFing GALACTIC REPUBLIC.

Edited by RolyartNala

I assume this site is cannon enough. Basically Sith used Red crystals because they make their own crystals to remain hidden and did not have easy access to natural ones. Man-made or Synth-crystals normally appear red but could be made other colors if the effort was put forth. From reading that page it looks like it became a badge of honor. So no there is really no lore reason for them to change in it the game beyond most people would not know the lore.

I think it would have been better if they had a story line quest in the game where we got to make a Synth-crystal and they explain why it is red. Then let people choose after that if they still want to go for other colors.

The real reason Sith use red is way simpler. According to Lucas,

red = evil

green/blue = good

The end. Lucas was somewhat nonplussed when Sam Jackson insisted on a different color.

If they are going to make faction-specific crystals then they should at least do it right. Purple should be republic but apparently the devs didn't watch the movies. One jedi used a purple lightsaber and ZERO sith used one.

I'm quite certain that the movies aren't actually cannon

Pretty abysmal that purple is Empire only, after what a big deal they made about it being rare yet obtainable.

Yet more evidence that Bioware hardcore hates Republic. It's not like this is news, but it's never reassuring to have it once again proven so definitively. :(

I still can't understand how anyone at BioWare could think that the way they implemented it might be a good idea. Either they show us they are just stupid, that they don't understand the Star Wars IP, or that don't care about the community (the colour crystal decision was already criticized during beta).

How much longer does the playerbase have to wait for these to not be faction restricted.

I hope they never become unrestricted. I want to see more things that are Republic-only or Imperial-only or Dark-only or Sentinel-only or whatever. These choices should have consequences.

No, they aren't cannon, but they are canon. The highest level of canon, in fact. As in, nothing can ever override what the movies establish, except for George Lucas himself.

Even George Lucas can't overwrite the first movies and their canon. Why? Because the guy's a total failure after those first three movies. That's how I see it at least. When you make 3 good movies, but everything after that is only worse and worse, you don't get to decide about canon from your earlier work any more.

Even George Lucas can't overwrite the first movies and their canon. Why? Because the guy's a total failure after those first three movies. That's how I see it at least. When you make 3 good movies, but everything after that is only worse and worse, you don't get to decide about canon from your earlier work any more.

Quite frankly, I don't care how you see it. And your post has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what I or the guy I quoted were talking about.

Or they could have just made them unrestricted and let the community develop variety on its own.

If 50% of the playerbase were all using purple or cyan sabers, would anyone think of them as status symbols? No. And then people would use whatever color they want, and there wouldn't be threads like this one.

1: then you lose the starwars theme of good vs evil

2: you need a carrot for endgame and special color crystal make a very tempting carrot for most people. plus it'd fit with the SW lore of exotic crystals . . . you know being hard to get. Lets not forget that most people walked around with a stock color'd light sabers.

Its less about a status symbol but more of a "I WANT!" reaction

also i don't actually play a jedi character, so this is not an observation based on my own desires as a glowstick user.

Edited by Setsunakai

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.