Mirror match - Marauder vs. Sentinel/Marauder

HBninjaX

What are some of your tactics when you 1v1 vs another Marauder/Sentinel? What has worked for you?

I am not really a theorycrafter, I'm the type of person that dives right in and learns from their mistakes, and relies on the maths of the more cerebral among us. Anyway, here is what I typically do. Any critiques are welcome --just drop the 'tude, k? ;)

From the point of view from Annihilation:

If I notice saber ward on them from the offset I'll force camo and wait out 4 seconds and hopefully their cloak of pain disolved, then follow up with obfuscate and sort of kite them while building rage and applying deadly sabers.

I pop cloak of pain when I start taking damage. I keep reapplying deadly sabers and rupture, and hit annihilate when I have enough rage and it's available and use vicious slash to reset the rupture CD. I also only use the first 2 hits of ravage and cancel it with any one of my attacks. Crippling slash is a worthy debuff because limiting the mobility of your opponent is important, also if they're crazy enough to pop unleash then even better for you. Unleash their force choke right away, don't wait.

Disrupt their ravage with either disrupt or force leap (0m force leap talent). When they get close to 20% hit them with a force choke and vicious throw right after it ends to hopefully avoid them casting undying rage. I'll pop my saber ward a little bit into the fight like 50-75% hp, and undying + medpac when I start to get to the 20% range. edit: pop berserk as soon as possible --and use sweeping slash to use up left over rage when you're out of combat to build fury stacks. If you can start the fight with berserk you have a huge advantage

Edited by HBninjaX

objufuscat..

objufusake?

OBJUFUSKATE?

whatever..I use blind...then <do stuff that kills them>..camo when they use undying rage..then come back and win.

Usually never an issue and 9 times outa 10 it's never a real 1v1 situation anyways.

Edited by Foxcolt

objufuscat..

objufusake?

OBJUFUSKATE?

whatever..I use blind...then <do stuff that kills them>..camo when they use undying rage..then come back and win.

Usually never an issue and 9 times outa 10 it's never a real 1v1 situation anyways.

Obfuscate. It means "to hide" (pronounced Obb-Foos-Skate)

Its okay, I didn't know the word until I played Vampire: The Masquerade

Edited by miliways

Undying rage lasts what 5-6 seconds? Force choke lasts 3.

Much smarter to use your 4 second camo and use your force choke offensively.

Those 2 seconds he will spend free of force choke equals 1 attack and if you run through him after choke ends it will prob screw that one attack over.If he is rage i save my camo to screw up his smash since i am ani,gore if he is carnage and defencive cd if he is ani and just dotted me up.

Me being Anni spec I just obfuscate-deadly saber-ravage-rupture-vicious assault-choke in that order plenty of dots and three seconds of choke dmg and dot damage and laughing at their helpless flailing body. Seems to work for me but i'm in 10-49 bracket so they don't always have undying rage or camo.