Loadscreens killed OPEN world PVP!

jaytrust

Let me see to get to my ship and land on a planet to play the game, I have about 3-4 loadscreens before I even land on the planet I wanted to play on.

Erase the spaceports have us land right in the planet.

Why do I need to loadup a hallway to get onto the spaceport then load up again to get to the planet.

REmove it from spaceship to the planet. This would help with OPEN world pvp.

Before you say we need realism, this is a game, if I want to learn about real space travel I'll read up on it on NASA.com ...

-In other words to make what I'm saying easier to understand...

Why do I need 3 load screens prior to loading up the planet.

I just want one load screen from the ship to the planet.

NOT 3 pointless areas before loading up the planet that serve no apparent purpose but to make me walk.

Edited by jaytrust

You're joking right? You're seriously kidding yourself if you think removing a 15 second walk and fade screen has any bearing on players avoiding Illum or not. I won't disagree that it's a minor inconvenience having to go through a space port but it's a verrrrry minor issue as it only adds another <30 seconds for the walk and additional extremely brief load screen. I doubt anyone else gives a rat's *** about the station walk when they are going to be spending an hour or more fighting for crates or trying to find/kill enemies/get the kills to actually count...

Getting rid of the ports would be nice, but will have ZERO effect on world pvp...

Let me see to get to my ship and land on a planet to play the game, I have about 3-4 loadscreens before I even land on the planet I wanted to play on.

Why do I need to loadup a hallway to get onto the spaceport then load up again to get to the planet.

Before you say we need realism, this is a game, if I want to learn about real space travel I'll read up on it on NASA.com ...

....there are only 2 load screen, and the one to get to your ship should not take very long at all.

You're joking right? You're seriously kidding yourself if you think removing a 15 second walk and fade screen has any bearing on players avoiding Illum or not. I won't disagree that it's a minor inconvenience having to go through a space port but it's a verrrrry minor issue as it only adds another <30 seconds for the walk and additional extremely brief load screen. I doubt anyone else gives a rat's *** about the station walk when they are going to be spending an hour or more fighting for crates or trying to find/kill enemies/get the kills to actually count...

Getting rid of the ports would be nice, but will have ZERO effect on world pvp...

No, the little hallways are pretty stupid. By no stretch will they make me avoid going to a particular planet, but IT IS annoying.

As it stands:

Ship > Hallway > Orbital Station > Planet

Why not:

Ship > Oribital Station > Planet ??

Actually he is right. And it isnt a fadescreen, it is a full on load screen.

Ship door->load screen

Halllway->load screen

Orbital station shutle->load screen

And there are plenty of people with great computer that have 2 minute load screens just because this game was designed by morons. There is no excuse for 3 load screens to go from ship to planet. FUEA

IDK if it's my computer.. but if I alt tab out and go back in, it'll take me to a load screen for about 10 seconds.

Which is extremely annoying.

Full screen NON Windowed has to re-render everytime you alt tab back to the game. You can avoid this by using FS Windowed or just Windowed but you may get reduced FPS by doing so.

Actually having a space station on ilum is beyond braindead.From a rl and lore point of view.

The enemy would destroy it first chance they got.And on those space stations it's like there is no war down there.It would make 100 times more sence for sh8ips to break thru enemy defences to land in a friendly base were the ship and landing area were protected by a energy shield.As i said the station is pointless i war time and it's clear who ever gave the ok to put it there have no clue how things would be on a planet during war in the sw universe.

Full screen NON Windowed has to re-render everytime you alt tab back to the game. You can avoid this by using FS Windowed or just Windowed but you may get reduced FPS by doing so.

terrible. I looked for the windowed/full screen option but couldn't find it. Assuming it's in the Preferences section and I missed it?

Really? Your buddy hops on vent telling you action on quesh! You are on Ilum. You going to get there before it subsides? You even willing to go knowing what a pain in the *** it it will be to get back?

World pvp can't exist in this game between the instanced planets and the spacing between faction zones. Ilum is all we have and organized aoe mixed with 3:1 pop imbalance is not pvp.

Really? Your buddy hops on vent telling you action on quesh! You are on Ilum. You going to get there before it subsides? You even willing to go knowing what a pain in the *** it it will be to get back?

World pvp can't exist in this game between the instanced planets and the spacing between faction zones. Ilum is all we have and organized aoe mixed with 3:1 pop imbalance is not pvp.

I would ask wth they are doing on Quesh to begin with and then go on about my business on Illum...

I completely agree with the OP it. It takes at least 5 minutes of travel just from loading screens. Not to mention if your QT is down you got another 5-10 minutes of travel depending on where you and they are sitting on a taxi. The taxi part I understand, cool, makes sense, but to sit at a loading screen for 5 minutes just do I can get to a planet I want is a bit much.

One of my friends lvling up was being attacked by some reps after I was allready 50. By the I got there he had got ganked 5 times and they had camped him for a good 10-15 minutes. To be quite honest I wasnt expecting to get there and see any action.

We should have an option when clicking on our ship to load up the Galaxy Map or Enter the Ship so we can reduce the load screens at least taht way.

I'm not sure you understand the purpose of a load screen. The only part of the entire trip from ship to planet that is actually a load screen is when you exit the ship. It is necessary to do this because you can't have all planets continuously loaded, hence loading the planet you are going to. It could be improved, but it's not going away. It also has no affect on world pvp you dunce.

I'm not sure you understand the purpose of a load screen. The only part of the entire trip from ship to planet that is actually a load screen is when you exit the ship. It is necessary to do this because you can't have all planets continuously loaded, hence loading the planet you are going to. It could be improved, but it's not going away. It also has no affect on world pvp you dunce.

I'm afraid you are the dunce, why do I need 3 load screens prior to loading up the planet.

If you read what I wrote you would understand that I just want one load screen from the ship to the planet.

NOT 3 pointless areas before then having to load up for no apparent reason but to make me walk.

You are right it is annoying but not a big deal...what this has to do with world PvP is beyond me....

Ok so you are saying because you cannot say "Hey im getting ganked <here>" and then have people help...like in WoW...ok I guess I can see youre point in that - by the time anyone gets there they have long gone lol

Edited by Torn