Are Shadows/Assasins restricted to Skirts @ 50?

Vagessel

After much inconvenience I've finally found modd pants for my Shadow, but it is my understanding modd gear ends at 49 and from then on you're stuck with what's available to your class.

Now as an infiltration Shadow it's taken me a while to wrap my head around the need to use a bulky staff to execute my sneaky attacks. Fine, I'm at peace with it. But here's the question:

Are Shadows also restricted to wearing long flowing skirts as well? Are there pants options at 50?

From what I've heard, the devs intend to make it so the PvP and raid gear mods can be taken out and put into other clothes. As for when they intend to do this, I don't think anyone has heard. If you've already gotten to 50, the best thing you can do is keep grinding out all the gear you can...get the full battlemaster set, skirt included, so when they make this possible, you can use the mods in whatever you like.

But on a side note, keep an eye out for moddable pants, as I'm trying to catalog all the ones consulars have access to.

Synthweavers have access to custom (moddable) pants, and because they can be crafted they can be crit crafted. This gives them an Augment slot and makes them potentially much better than any other pants you might find (they still won't be as good as endgame gear but they will be close).

I currently know of the custom pattern "Traditional Demicot Lower Robe". The pants are almost identical to the Alderaan commendation pants in that they are almost all white.

As the poster above said, the only thing you can do until BioWare allows us to strip the "Armoring" mod from endgame PvP/PvE gear is either be patient or take the hit to your stats and use a custom pants.