The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which PVP Gear?

Lyrion

Hi,

I have started grinding gear and I am a little unsure about which armour stats to concentrate on and would like a little advice from you wonderful Powertechians.

Currently, I have a pyro build with some rail shot bonuses from other trees. I am getting the armour with crit right now.

I do like to guard people and wear a shield offhand. I am thinking about going either full tank tree or a mix of tank with another tree like the CP build. Which armour would be best suited for this? Crit or defense?

I dont want to go and get all the armor and find out a crit suit is not going to work out with a tank build.

One think I keep thinking is, to really play a powertech to its full potential is to build an indestructible (well, takes ages to to take down) tank rather than try to be a DPSer. This is just my personal feeling of course, it just feels right to go tank and look after others in PVP.

Thanks

Edited by Lyrion

You could get the Supercommando gear and swap out the mods with DPS Mods.

With the current shielding issue in PvP "Tank" Stats are relatively worthless, although more Endurance never hurt anybody in a PvP Environment. Especially if you are guarding a player, it helps since a lot of times unless it's a guildie that wonderful healer you are guarding won't heal you....

Crit and Surge are great stats to go for first, then work on power later. Regardless of what yo