Marauder is good so please dont...

vpsycho

I read forums and see almost every post contains '' Marauder is sucks! dps is low! etc... ''

Marauder class is the hardest class on this game and if you manage to play it then you can play any of the class on this game. So before moaning please try to understand this class specifications and make some serious pvp on 1 vs 1 then warzones. On this class everything nearly based for items. So items are the most important thing for this class. Of course your template is important too but there are no necessary to discuss which skıll tree is the best conversations. Cause all skill trees have different advantages. Especially for your playing style.

Example: Carnage mostly using for leveling but on the other hand most of people use rage skill tree. Cause on carnage you must use more than 14 buttons on pvp . ( on pve this number increases ) but on rage nearly all your offensive combos are limited to only 6 button. ( on pve this number increases )

So it is all up to you. İf you want easy playing, you should get rage skıll tree. But ıf you want to increase your effort and wanna try more hard game playing then you can get carnage and annihilation. Both of these 3 skill tree has dps and defense. I hope you understand what ı mean.

Regards

the problem with marauder isn't that it's bad. it's gimped and there's a difference. I have to use 16 keys to get the same dmg output as someone who only uses 4. If it was scaled properly for me using 16 keys to do dmg, I should get 4x the result. That's not the case and I believe that's what some of the marauder players out there are referring to as "sucking".

the problem with marauder isn't that it's bad. it's gimped and there's a difference. I have to use 16 keys to get the same dmg output as someone who only uses 4. If it was scaled properly for me using 16 keys to do dmg, I should get 4x the result. That's not the case and I believe that's what some of the marauder players out there are referring to as "sucking".

^this. However I don't find my class underpowered at all, but I would just like to see other people having it harder than they do now. Really lame seeing a sorcerer just backpaddling and being as effective as one that doesn't.. like lol

some people like needing more then a dippy bird to play their class. Sorry but if marauders had the gameplay of a merc i wouldn't be playing this game.

Sorry but its very ignorant on your part to want every class to play the same, if you want everything to be 4 buttons then go play wow. Different classes are supposed to be different, some classes need a higher skill cap to keep good players playing the game, and some classes need to be pet rock simple for the bad players to keep playing the game.

The only time a marauder sucks is levelling it up and thats not even that bad.

@ the person talking about how many keys you have to use, I wouldnt want it any other way.. marauders are probably the most rewarding class to play once you've mastered it. Even when you master it its easy to suck also with the thought in the back of your head "man i shouldnt done this and that" which also helps the learning process.

The only time a marauder sucks is levelling it up and thats not even that bad.

@ the person talking about how many keys you have to use, I wouldnt want it any other way.. marauders are probably the most rewarding class to play once you've mastered it. Even when you master it its easy to suck also with the thought in the back of your head "man i shouldnt done this and that" which also helps the learning process.

Yes I feel Rewarded every time I step into Ilum and have little chance of killing anything - O how I love pressing my buff every 20 seconds :rolleyes:

some people like needing more then a dippy bird to play their class. Sorry but if marauders had the gameplay of a merc i wouldn't be playing this game.

Sorry but its very ignorant on your part to want every class to play the same, if you want everything to be 4 buttons then go play wow. Different classes are supposed to be different, some classes need a higher skill cap to keep good players playing the game, and some classes need to be pet rock simple for the bad players to keep playing the game.

Totally agree and since marauders/sentinels would be one of the favourite they had to make it tough and make other classes like troopers easy, because otherwise there would be a big unbalance between classes. However, there is already a bad balance between classes:p too many sorcerers, so they gotta get a higher skill-cap.

I haven't played rage admittedly but it seems like it would be trickier in PVP since you have to manage your smash crits. To me anni is just a matter of keeping deadly saber and rupture up while mashing annilihation when it pops and burning your rage with vicious slash, the real trick is to manage your 3 disrupts and work in the damage rotations, I've tripped up more than once. Edited by HBninjaX

I might be wrong but I agree withthe OP tha tthe Maur is a fun class to play. it takes some thoguht an dyou have to be able to react quickly to what is comming at you.

I just don't like having to click on someone to get the base attack (I know I could be spamming a hotkey) I'm not a hot key kinda guy, never needed them and do just fine with out it. . .its a challenge but fun in my eyes.

What i am liking is one tree doesn't seem to be better than the others, they seem to be more about your game play and style.

what is annoying is the people who don't come out of the gate whoppin ***** and cry about balance. . .learn the class don't try to make the class learn you.

Woah buddy rage is not easy. Well, it is for me, but it's not easy being pro at it.

Marauders are squishy as ****, that's the only thing I'd complain about them. I leveled a marauder to 27 and I would get shot down in warzones constantly and I'd only be doing 170-210k damage. Then I leveled a powertech and realized how bad marauders were. Not only in pvp. If they had heavy armor that would be balanced.

Common misconception, Mauraders take skill to play. The real skill is playing despite failed pvp imbalances and class designs. Mauraders at times get gimped cause of stupid map designs favoring ranged, and then mauraders can be really OP due to some sick burst capabilities. They are a class Bioware will be constantly having to tweak trust me....

Yes does it mean moving with the mouse is necessary to stay on targets, yes, but come on that's not skill... Mauraders feel like a COMBAT rogue from wow tbh... But with a different resource system and a silly cc. A CC that effectively CCs us too... But we are squishy without our cool downs, we wear medium armor, we have a very limited stealth escape. Our burst requires ramp up time, we have really clunky abilities outside of our rage builders, and a hard hitter in ravage that CCs us as well....

Class needs some adjusting. It will get nerfed buffed and nerfed again simply because it's broken...

Rant off

I never said that is the way i wanted to play it. i like the fact that i have to use more skills, a more complicated rotation to get the dmg that I want to output. I just simply said that is the way people are interpreting the class as "sucking". l2read.

Yeah, I mostly agree. Lately, I've been pondering rerolling from Marauder. Sure, I really like the mechanics, the playstyle and mastering my class (it's a ton of fun when I don't make any mistakes and can pump out the damage), but lately I've been feeling like, "What's the point?"

Maybe I'm wrong in my assumption that Marauders were suppose to be the DPS class, but when other classes that can heal, tank, and/or DPS just as well as me, if not sometimes better, what's the point in playing a DPS class? Why not go play a Sorc where I can heal, DPS, kb, stun, and root? Or another class for that matter. The thing that's keeping me on playing them is that sometimes I can pump out the damage, but it doesn't seem to be quite consistent.

Just a few thoughts, otherwise, I do quite enjoy the class, just wish there were a couple of tweaks here and there, or something like that.

Yeah, I mostly agree. Lately, I've been pondering rerolling from Marauder. Sure, I really like the mechanics, the playstyle and mastering my class (it's a ton of fun when I don't make any mistakes and can pump out the damage), but lately I've been feeling like, "What's the point?"

Maybe I'm wrong in my assumption that Marauders were suppose to be the DPS class, but when other classes that can heal, tank, and/or DPS just as well as me, if not sometimes better, what's the point in playing a DPS class? Why not go play a Sorc where I can heal, DPS, kb, stun, and root? Or another class for that matter. The thing that's keeping me on playing them is that sometimes I can pump out the damage, but it doesn't seem to be quite consistent.

Just a few thoughts, otherwise, I do quite enjoy the class, just wish there were a couple of tweaks here and there, or something like that.

It's not your fault. It's the Biowares poor design in the game as a whole. Balance comes from classes that work together and can compliment each other. Balance is when every class feels necessary. Balance comes from having three trees that are unique from each other without one being the obvious BEST overall choice. Being able to use your skill and luck to compensate for a class that is either bad or good with barely any middle ground. Bioware accomplished in making a decent game overall, but lack the challenge both in how to play classes, and how to use those classes to beat the game. Its all piss easy

we need some gap closers, and probably something that no one else has..like a constant rage generator ...;X. lol other than that i think the class is fine. many classes in this game are meant to keep you away from them. we should have something that closes that gap. we're dps so being squishy is given. can't be rambo and terminator.

These lame threads are getting old, pls lock this garbage

PS

You boys/gals who think Anil or Carnage is "skill" play over the rage make me lol my pants....They all play the same, gimme a break.

Rage = 4 buttons and big smash, but the rest are um more than 4, counting is hard for some i realize this, GL...

ahh another one of those threads.. :rolleyes:

here come the parade of hutball screenshots...

anladık anladık

Man, just look at this, man. Man, how can they say mara suck, just look at this Voidstar screen man...

http://i.imgur.com/aqvkU.jpg

I'd rather they didn't change anything about the Marauder rotations to be honest. It's dynamic and far more thought and skill is required to play a good Marauder over my other two toons (50 Tanksin [Though using Dark Ward is annoying] & 45 Merc).

After playing the three specs thoroughly, I'd say Rage has the easier rotation of the three and least preparation for it's damage output. A Force Choke/Force Crush followed by an Obliterate/Charge and then watch the numbers fly with Slam.

Carnage at the moment is a little unpleasant due to Marauders being the equivalent of pinballs in PvP, and the up-time you need on your target with Carnage is pretty much 100%, save for the Force Screams that help a bit.

Annihilation probably has the longest preparation/rotation of all, but the most satisfying results if your timing is decent.

Anyhow, leave the class alone. >_>

ahh another one of those threads.. :rolleyes:

here come the parade of hutball screenshots...

anladık anladık

I agree, even as being a Marauder I find those threads painful :rolleyes:

ITT: Clueless people playing marauders getting faceroll'd by "skilled" and/or fully geared ones.

ProTIP: L2keybind (without being rude) it HELPS ALOT. Also: buy/find all epics lv50required (with mods lv 22-23-24...) and/or orange gear, get the 25 expertise lv47 enhancements mods found in pvp weapons (pvp vendor at the fleet) and stack them, 5 of them=5% expertise.

/goodluck