Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

No Movement Enchantments in Huttball

bahgaggaga

Obviously if you think a tank is a ball carrier then your wrong. We arent the main ball carriers. We are defenders. Our job is to guard the ball carrier or the healer and to eritate the enemy so they focus on us instead of them. Running ahead in dangerous situations to catch the ball and score the last feweters etc. thats our job.

so yeah keep complaining and whining, it just shows how bad you are.

Actually the best ball carrier is still a tank however they should be guarded by another tank, your "best ball carrier" seem to rely on turtle tactics which doesn't work that well against a good team.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

Some Classes are better at carrying - Sorcs/Assassins/Juggies > Operatives/PowerTechs/Mercs/Snipers

Some Classes are better at Defending - Sorcs/Assassins/Juggies > Powertechs/operatives

lol, just lol....

Claiming a juggernaut is better than a powertech at defending and a powertech is comparable to operatives as defenders...

And that they're the equivalent of operatives, mercs and snipers as ball carriers...

lol

bads will be bad.

Edited by Adzzy

Not everyone is suppose to be able to do everything in Huttball, get over it. Some classes are better at carrying, some are better at defending. Some get range advantage on the catwalks, some classes can get to the ball quicker, or jump up ledges or do a whole bunch of things. Why does everyone want every class to be the same? is this what mmos have come to? this is suppose to be a team game, work as a team and make sure everyone is doing what their class is suppose to do.

Great.. lets examine that LEts take Sorc vs merc for our example.

BAll Carrying:

Sorc

Healing:

Sorc (Better AOE heals)

DPS:

Sorc (A good Sorc will beat a good Merc in DPS)

Protection:

Sorc (Bubble, Healing)

Ball manipulation:

Sorc (A sorc can pull a teammate up from the pit, though a hazard and EVEN Pull the opposite team if they are the same faction!)

Now I'm not saying the Merc is without merit. They do great DPS. Sadly, DPs does not win Huttball matches. As Healers they are good single target healing. But bubble and AOE healing excell in huttball. Again Mercs are bad healers.. they are just outclassed.

It is CLEAR that Sorc CAN DO EVERTHING. Even if the Merc does out DPS the sorc he still isn't scoring or helping his team like the sorc is.

Sorry for breaking up your "OP class isn't OP" speech.. go ahead and continue.

Let's play huttball naked already...

Big NO. Those skills make huttball more fun and if I lose because someone is more skilled and have better teamwork.... bad luck. Gonna try to be better next time.

Sage and Inp version are terrible OP when it comes to Huttball. They combine all I-win buttons in one class (speed, 1 spem spell DPS, heal, bubble, CC).

The cooldown should be rised to 20 min and not reset on death to balance it!

This way you can use it once peer match which allready is a 95% garant to get a goal.

two very good premades already have a hard time scoring against each other. WIth these changes most games would be 0-0.

Games need to be balanced around the highest level of play so people with less skill will have something to aspire to.

So we all should pre-made 8 sage + knights?

No thx!

There are just 8 classes to balance. Shouldn't be to hard.

Edited by Jahor

You really are clueless are you not? Must be for spouting all that nonsense.

A) and thats why I and many other powertechs out do the other tanks easy enough right.

B) really... Sure you get knocked off once in a while but position yourself better and keep an eye out what classes are fighting you and you get knocked off so easy. And no knockbacks arent random in were you fly. This btw is called skill. Take it you lack it.

C) right, spawning is idiotic. If that was the case then pvp should be 1 life only. People see you as the ball carrier and want to stop you so they will move towards you. Using that to your advantage is not the enemy team being idiotic it is you being able to *gasp* think.

D) grapple is arguable the better skill and one of fthe best skills in huttball. So you have immunity... So what? I do too. Its called resolve and a specific skill. Knowing when to use it helps a lot.

Obviously if you think a tank is a ball carrier then your wrong. We arent the main ball carriers. We are defenders. Our job is to guard the ball carrier or the healer and to eritate the enemy so they focus on us instead of them. Running ahead in dangerous situations to catch the ball and score the last feweters etc. thats our job.

so yeah keep complaining and whining, it just shows how bad you are.

A. You don't out do equal skilled tanks nub, You out do worse players then you, Simply put, the other Tanks are better then Powertechs at Huttball, You thinking you're amazing doesn't change that fact.

B. Your Position on Knockbacks? Are you Joking? There is only one place you can actually stand on the Catwalks that gives you a small bit of Knockback immunity that you can somewhat control, and that's next to the Barricade after the first Firepit on the bottom level. Going past that point is Knockbacks are completely reliant not on your amazing position but on the Knockbackers position, Simply Put, You're screwed trying to run the ball with any half way decent knockback user. Hell a Single bloody Juggy can send your *** flying off the side just by charging you and aiming is knockback.

C. People want to stop you? Are you kidding? It takes an idiot doing it one time to get chastised by his team for him not to do it again. You're relying on the enemy Team being stupid to score, thas has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with bad players. If you have a large number of players allowing you to do this, That doesn't say much about the server you're on in the first place.

D. Grapple is a great skill till you end up against a Juggy... Or an opposing team that's not stupid....Or a Sorc.. Pull Juggy, He charges Team Mate or Enemy player, congrats, Your Grapple is wasted, Pull Anyone.. Oh look Enemy Sorc pulls him right back up, Grapple Wasted, Pull Anyone, oh look he just passed the ball to the enemy team... Wow.. That grapple sure is amazing for defense ....

Your last part.. pretty much sums up how clueless you are.... Again.. You picked Team B, despite the fact that Team A can do everything the last part of your post lists... Only do it better...

Even guarding the Ball carrier, We're still the absolute worst for guarding.. Know why? Because we don't have a Knockback...

lol, just lol....

Claiming a juggernaut is better than a powertech at defending and a powertech is comparable to operatives as defenders...

And that they're the equivalent of operatives, mercs and snipers as ball carriers...

lol

bads will be bad.

Juggernaut is 10X better then Powertech at running the ball.

Juggy - knockback and multiple charges, able to charge to enemies or friendly target, and much better defensive cooldowns. There is simply no argument you can make otherwise, They're simply better then powertech at it.

I didn't say Powertechs/Operatives/Snipers were equivalent either, You simply don't understand what equivalent actually means.. Because you're terrible.

If I say ABC>DEF It doesn't mean DEF are equal.. It simply mean ABC are greater then those DEF.

Only people with limited mind and single digit IQ could make this kinds of suggestions.Now you go figure out why.

(Protip: When you see a warrior/pt carrying a ball near your spawn stay >31m from him.)

Better Hope there isn't an enemy Sorc to pull either of those two, Or in the case of a Juggy, A Team mate..

It does work against a Powertech though.. but then again.. we've stated this a 1000 times already in this thread.....

Ever see a warrior run a flag in rated BG's? I really don't see this as anything different, with jug/guard it's almost the same. There are ways to counter it. Obviously a good tank and healer coordinating will stomp a bunch of pugs who are standing on the ledge letting them leap up there.

Bioware has already said that rated warzones will be put in. Things like this will be completely fine in that environment. It would be utterly stupid to ruin that by trying to balance random groups.

Juggernaut is 10X better then Powertech at running the ball.

Juggy - knockback and multiple charges, able to charge to enemies or friendly target, and much better defensive cooldowns. There is simply no argument you can make otherwise, They're simply better then powertech at it.

I didn't say Powertechs/Operatives/Snipers were equivalent either, You simply don't understand what equivalent actually means.. Because you're terrible.

If I say ABC>DEF It doesn't mean DEF are equal.. It simply mean ABC are greater then those DEF.

Yes, better ball runner, but defensively? lol.....a powertech can lock a player in the same spot for 12.5s with crowd control that doesn't break on damage....including starting that crowd control at a location of their choice (like on fire...or acid, or back down in the pit, or back with their zerg...)

Ever see a warrior run a flag in rated BG's? I really don't see this as anything different, with jug/guard it's almost the same. There are ways to counter it. Obviously a good tank and healer coordinating will stomp a bunch of pugs who are standing on the ledge letting them leap up there.

Bioware has already said that rated warzones will be put in. Things like this will be completely fine in that environment. It would be utterly stupid to ruin that by trying to balance random groups.

You clearly have no clue what's going on in this thread do you.

Yes, better ball runner, but defensively? lol.....a powertech can lock a player in the same spot for 12.5s with crowd control that doesn't break on damage....including starting that crowd control at a location of their choice (like on fire...or acid, or back down in the pit, or back with their zerg...)

Unless they are immune to CC for 17 sec :p

Unless they are immune to CC for 17 sec :p

only classes that can get immunity are assassins with shroud and juggernauts for the 4s after their charge in a high vengeance spec.

Even with a full resolve bar, you can still at least keep them stationary for 6 seconds.

Judging by the lack of toolsets some classes have this is statistically incorrect.

only classes that can get immunity are assassins with shroud and juggernauts for the 4s after their charge in a high vengeance spec.

Even with a full resolve bar, you can still at least keep them stationary for 6 seconds.

Indomitable Will says otherwise.

Your turn.

Hmm, Yea you can Charge someone, then do your two stuns, followed by a pull if they manage to get away.

But ya know what works better? Just knocking that person off the ledge.

A. You don't out do equal skilled tanks nub, You out do worse players then you, Simply put, the other Tanks are better then Powertechs at Huttball, You thinking you're amazing doesn't change that fact.

B. Your Position on Knockbacks? Are you Joking? There is only one place you can actually stand on the Catwalks that gives you a small bit of Knockback immunity that you can somewhat control, and that's next to the Barricade after the first Firepit on the bottom level. Going past that point is Knockbacks are completely reliant not on your amazing position but on the Knockbackers position, Simply Put, You're screwed trying to run the ball with any half way decent knockback user. Hell a Single bloody Juggy can send your *** flying off the side just by charging you and aiming is knockback.

C. People want to stop you? Are you kidding? It takes an idiot doing it one time to get chastised by his team for him not to do it again. You're relying on the enemy Team being stupid to score, thas has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with bad players. If you have a large number of players allowing you to do this, That doesn't say much about the server you're on in the first place.

D. Grapple is a great skill till you end up against a Juggy... Or an opposing team that's not stupid....Or a Sorc.. Pull Juggy, He charges Team Mate or Enemy player, congrats, Your Grapple is wasted, Pull Anyone.. Oh look Enemy Sorc pulls him right back up, Grapple Wasted, Pull Anyone, oh look he just passed the ball to the enemy team... Wow.. That grapple sure is amazing for defense ....

Your last part.. pretty much sums up how clueless you are.... Again.. You picked Team B, despite the fact that Team A can do everything the last part of your post lists... Only do it better...

Even guarding the Ball carrier, We're still the absolute worst for guarding.. Know why? Because we don't have a Knockback...

Right, I've never said I was amazing at all. There will always be better players then yourself. Simple as that.

However you screaming that I would be clueless even though almost everything you post is nonsense is laughable.

Yes you can position yourself for knockbacks. It depends on how well you can see who is what. But you keep beleiving you cant. Guess what, if you cant then how come I hardly ever get knocked off? Luck? Nope its not luck. Resolve? Nope not resolve either. Positioning? Well yup thats the correct one.

Does that mean I cant get knocked off? Ofcourse not. I make mistakes too and hell I can be caught off Gard as well. Or when the fight is so hectic I cant keep track od everything.

Anyway its clear you are clueless how to play a powertech so I am no longer going to waste my breath on it. Your set in your ways and that is your right and choice.

Ok, I'm going to bed, but it's obvious (or at least it should be to a reasonable person) that the amount of tools a sorc has greatly exceeds other classes, hence an imbalance. This will really come to play in future ranked matches.

Would you honestly want a merc or agent instead of a sorc or jug in a ranked match? I wouldn't.

Edited by Typheran

Right, I've never said I was amazing at all. There will always be better players then yourself. Simple as that.

However you screaming that I would be clueless even though almost everything you post is nonsense is laughable.

Yes you can position yourself for knockbacks. It depends on how well you can see who is what. But you keep beleiving you cant. Guess what, if you cant then how come I hardly ever get knocked off? Luck? Nope its not luck. Resolve? Nope not resolve either. Positioning? Well yup thats the correct one.

Does that mean I cant get knocked off? Ofcourse not. I make mistakes too and hell I can be caught off Gard as well. Or when the fight is so hectic I cant keep track od everything.

Anyway its clear you are clueless how to play a powertech so I am no longer going to waste my breath on it. Your set in your ways and that is your right and choice.

Dude.. Seriously.. your position on the catwalk means absolute crap other then the spot I listed.. You cannot stand anywhere on that catwalk that cannot be countered by the guy with the knockback.. I mean.. The only way you're not getting throw off that catwalk, Is if jumps in front of you and knocks you back towards the barricade... and if he jumps behind ya and knocks you forward on the catwalk that could actually potentially kill you based on the spec (since it most likely will knock you into the fire pit and you'll be immobilized)... But If that still doesn't change your mind..

"Does that mean I cant get knocked off? Ofcourse not. I make mistakes too and hell I can be caught off Gard as well. Or when the fight is so hectic I cant keep track od everything."

listen to the guy called Syrellaris....

Oh wait.. that's you..

if a sorcerer has a full resolve bar and still has indomitable will up whilst carrying the ball, your team is doing something very wrong.

If the Sorc is actually still carrying the ball at that point then the Sorc is doing something terribly wrong.

He should of already scored.

Hmm, Yea you can Charge someone, then do your two stuns, followed by a pull if they manage to get away.

But ya know what works better? Just knocking that person off the ledge.

you want to do it the other way round, since grapple + carbonise doesn't fill the resolve bar, so you can then use the stun dart and then charge, even if they're quick on a cc break, you can still get almost 10s of lockdown on them.

Well if you use the charge first, you won't get the grapple, but will get the root, and can then charge another second later for 15.5 from 16.5s, but i rather lose the extra time for the ability to determine where it starts.

knocking someone in the pit requires you to be next to them, pulling someone into the pit requires you to be 30 yards away from them, i know which one is easier, how about you?

Grapple also has other advantages like grapple someone on a pass, to force a neutral ball etc.

Only people with limited mind and single digit IQ could make this kinds of suggestions.Now you go figure out why.

(Protip: When you see a warrior/pt carrying a ball near your spawn stay >31m from him.)

This just let his team time to setup a throw-chain for the ball.

You MUST put presure on the carrier or you will lose.

Seams you are less pro then you belive to be.

Ok, I'm going to bed, but it's obvious (or at least it should be to a reasonable person) that the amount of tools a sorc has greatly exceeds other classes, hence an imbalance. This will really come to play in future ranked matches.

Would you honestly want a merc or agent instead of a sorc or jug in a ranked match? I wouldn't.

Arsenal mercs have the AoE knockback of doom, a melee-range knockback, a channeled snare with LOS, an instacast stun, a 2s cast mezz, a self-shield and the ability to self-heal and/or heal allies if allowed / forced to stop for 1.5s - 2s.

That's quite a bit of utility to bring to the game, on top of being a particularly nasty spike DPS class.

Mercs make for particularly frustrating defenders - we're one of the classes that can generally contain the lolforceleap of doom and send that player flying back into the pit. Having two knockbacks makes life a misery for the carrier or their escorts if you drop into the middle of them or plant yourself beyond an obstacle, plus being able to DPS them as they approach.

They're also fairly competent ball carrier escorts, mostly due to knockbacks but also from being able to stop and heal the carrier when needed. Shield and heavy armour also makes you a reasonable emergency ball carrier as you get near the endzone, if the main carrier gets into difficulty.

However, you don't want too many mercs on the team. And we do lack the sheer volume of 'brilliant' Hutball utility options available to sorcs who spec themselves accordingly. So yes, sorcs are FOTM for a reason, but don't dismiss the mercs just because we don't have leap and pull. ;)

Edited by Kanthric

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.